Skip to content

Your Favorite Beer Thread!

Comments

• BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    wubble said:

I've tried old engine oil, It's bloody lovely.

Damned expensive though. I can get a six pack of a nice craft beer for what I pay for a single bottle of OEO.
    wubble
  • YupImMadBroYupImMadBro Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 347
    Not to be the poor college student that drinks piss water for beer but I'm the poor college student that drinks piss water for beer. Here is my jack-o-lantern from Halloween this year. Gotta love/hate (mostly hate) Milwaukee's Best.
    lordkimSkatanAchterkladTeflon

Not to be the poor college student that drinks piss water for beer but I'm the poor college student that drinks piss water for beer. Here is my jack-o-lantern from Halloween this year. Gotta love/hate (mostly hate) Milwaukee's Best.

I remember a beer in college that was so bad we would sprinkle salt into the bottle to make it palatable. I think it was Miller.
    YupImMadBroTeflon
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    Fortunately good beer is fairly common in the UK, also there are many pubs near my university.
    Wise_GrimwaldTeflon
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Against all stereotypes (me being German), I don't like beer, at least not pure :/
    I prefer it mixed with something actually tasty (Alster, Radler, Kölsch-Cola, Bananenweizen, etc.)
    lolienZiminairTroodon80Teflon
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    Does vodka count?

I can't do beer, I just can't. I hate the taste and it makes me feel bloated after a few.
    I can do cider and there is a meadery about a hr and half away from my house. Mead has become my favorite drink of all, otherwise I'm quite fond of some decent polish vodka or dark rum.
    GozetaZiminairTeflon
  • TheElfTheElf Member Posts: 798
    I used to like "good" beer, but I've moved on to drinking miller lite by the six pack while watching football on Sunday.
    GozetaZiminairTeflon
  • wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311
    there is many good polish beers, recently ( last 3 years) in Poland there is a great demand for local beers, like: ipa, apa, american, india pale ale, and many different kind of hops
    lolienGozetaZiminair
  • AchterkladAchterklad Member Posts: 114
    I prefer drinking Cruisers and other sugary premixes, because I'm just that fabulous. Call me backward, but I really can't tell one brand of beer from the other. I'm still trying to figure out whether or not I like sweet ciders, as well.
    GozetaZiminairTeflon
  • sparkleavsparkleav Member Posts: 871
    A pint of Magners cider is always nice with loads of ice in the summer :)
    GozetaZiminairlolienTeflon
  • TStaelTStael Member Posts: 861
    Was pleased that MuBA in Basel had Belgian representation - shout out to Bastogne per the staff! Merci bien. :-)

Drinking la Trouffette subsequently, but on typical night out: Leffe Brune. In Finland, Karhu, or takkuperse.
    AerakarTeflon
    edited April 2016
    At lunch on Friday, I had Evolution Lucky 7 Porter. Very nice, it went well with the sirloin.

http://www.evolutioncraftbrewing.com/our-beers
    Post edited by BillyYank on
    lolienAerakarSkatan
  • EnialusMeliamneEnialusMeliamne Member Posts: 399
    Samuel Adams Crystal Pale Ale yesterday.
    Samuel Adams Rebel Grapefruit IPA today.
    Both very tasty.
    Jim Koch spurred on a craft beer revolution. It's nice to go back to his work once in a while.
    lolienAerakarSkatanTeflon
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    edited February 2017
    Theakston's Old Peculiar from what was my local brewery in Masham, England is my favourite tipple. It actually has flavour unlike lagers. It also has a kick.

http://www.theakstons.co.uk/
    wubbleSkatanAerakarTeflon

Theakston's Old Peculiar from what was my local brewery in Masham, England is my favourite tipple. It actually has flavour unlike lagers. It also has a kick.

http://www.theakstons.co.uk/

I love an old pec :)
    edited February 2017
    @Skatan This time it was @EnialusMeliamne who was the necromancer, though I admit that I am a bit of one too. When I am on a long hike, there is nothing like a pint of Shandy. It doesn't touch the sides on the way down. :) Though when at home and having a slow relaxing ale, Old Peculiar is the one.
    Aerakar
    @Wise_Grimwald bitter shandy or lager shandy?
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352

@Skatan This time it was @EnialusMeliamne who was the necromancer, though I admit that I am a bit of one too.

Well, @EnialusMeliamne posted in April 2016 and and you in February 2017 ;) But let's not make a fuzz about it, hehe...

There's a couple of british pubs here, being an old colonial city and all, but I haven't had time to visit any of them yet.
    Wise_Grimwald
    wubble said:

@Wise_Grimwald bitter shandy or lager shandy?

Bitter shandy of course. IMO lager is just water with sugar and alcohol added. No flavour!
    wubble
    I'd call it urine but I get your point.
    Wise_GrimwaldCrevsDaak
  • taclanetaclane Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 364
    The last post for Chimay Grand Reserve was in 2012! Let's rectify that.

Cheers!

[chimay bump]