Skip to content

What's your real life super power?

proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
Mine is pretty mild, but super useful. I never get rained on. It can be storming for hours, but the minute I need to leave the house the rain will let up.
What's your real super power?

Comments

• Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    sparkleav said:

Empathy. Too much maybe :/

And this, if I didn't empathise that much with all suffering going on in the world, I wouldn't be mentally ill. Well, maybe I wouldn't be.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    edited April 2016

I can calculate square roots or fourth roots by hand--no calculator or computer needed.

Using only a pencil and a straightedge I found a way to approximate both the cube root of 2 and pi to a reasonably high degree of accuracy (less than 0.25% error).

Finally, I can drain all the joy and excitement out of social situations, usually by talking about math.

+1 for insight!

When there's a symposium or debate, I tend to put forth some closing remarks at the end of things I've missed, mostly combined with some general conclusion of what is said, putting forth a client's perspective on things put forth (mental health clients) and the 'superpower' is, I mostly get a spontaneous applause for putting things in a way that people recognize 'yes, this is what it's about' or such a feeling.

I'm used to getting such spontaneous applause when the public consists mostly of people with mental illnesses, but lately I've noticed I get the same result if the audience is policy makers (managers of reintegration instutes, mental health facilities and aldermen) and the same in an audience consisting mostly of caregivers (right translation? the people who take care of us - psychiatric nurses, psychiatrists and such).

CHA 18.