Skip to content

Average BG gamer age

Comments

• StrikerTTDStrikerTTD Member Posts: 17
    davidcm86 said:

This game is old, all know. Then, how old should have now?

I'm 25 years old

What is it exactly that you are asking? Are you using Google Translator? Also, thank you for making me smile today. Your un-aware of riddling is amusing! :)
    Rexfaroensis
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    This thread makes me think of Pulp Fiction for some reason....
    Quartzserabiet
  • zarffynzarffyn Member Posts: 175
    mch202 said:

There is an ancient long buried Poll about the average age:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/2252/average-bg-gamer-age/p1

as you can see, the majority are around 25-29yo

More glad than ever that I never answered that poll. ;)
  • etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349
    this thread reminds me of the old Danish saying "der er længere til skagen, end på cykel"
    elminsterTr_ondRexfaroensis
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    @etagloc please tell me what that means, the google literal translation confuses me.
  • etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349
    edited September 2012
    haha... it because it makes no sense,,, just like the thread...im sorry to say its not even an old danish saying.
    "Skagen" is a town.. so if i had to translate it. it would be something like. "the road to Skagen, is longer than on a bike"
    MoomintrollJaxsbudgie
  • davidcm86davidcm86 Member Posts: 4
    La verdad que no tengo ni putísima idea de ingles!I try to learn English
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Well kudos for trying to learn English.

Are you trying to ask everyone how old they are?
    Lekian
  • TetraploidTetraploid Member Posts: 252
    I guess I am relatively young on these forums, I'm only 23 - I discovered the BG games long after they came out: I think it's a testament to how great they are that they were/are still attracting new fans so many years after release when most games disappear from memory pretty quickly, it seems.
    alannahsmithLekianKhamillmch202
  • LekianLekian Member Posts: 108
    edited September 2012
    @davidcm86 Bienvenido a los foros, como ya te han comentado hay una encuesta en los foros que preguntaba lo mismo. Tu mismo puedes contestar y te saldrá la media de edad. Ten en cuenta que la gente por aqui esta bastante aburrida a la espera del lanzamiento la semana que viene.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/2252/average-bg-gamer-age/p1

Member was just trying to ask how old we are taking into account BG is 14 years old. I have also told him about the poll that is up on the boards asking the same.

It was his first post over at the general forum so lets be polite and understand we do not all speak fluent correct English.

Welcome on the boards!!

Edit: Well I forgot to answer, I am 32 years old.
    Poe
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    etagloc said:

this thread reminds me of the old Danish saying "der er længere til skagen, end på cykel"

Mmmmm....I love Danish på cyke with a little syrup.
    etagloc
  • MatteoTuriniMatteoTurini Member Posts: 105
    Why has this thread been hijacked by language madness?

(Anyway, going with the flow, here's some Italian crazyness: "Le fragole dell'orto sono un ponte con un orco sotto.")
    Lekian
  • KhamillKhamill Member Posts: 226
    edited September 2012

@Tetraploid Ooh Yes! It is a gift, a legacy, a guidience that present RPG's creators should trust, cherish and always follow:)
  • LekianLekian Member Posts: 108
    edited September 2012
    Why don´t we all give member ^ davidcm86 a "Like" for this post so he gets the quickest like badge.

Laughs are always welcome.
    The_New_Romance
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/1992-11-19/

I'm 27. I can remember the day I got my first Baldur's Gate game, well, ok, technically I can remember the trip to the store with my dad to get it. =3 It was a copy of Baldur's Gate 2 purchased at BJ's Wholsesale Club. We parked in the H&R tax office parking lot nearby because it was closer than anything available in the actual parking lot for BJ's.
  • GilgalahadGilgalahad Member Posts: 237
    That old poll is inaccurate though since the last option is 40+...it pollutes the results. My age alone would push that 25-29 average to....... a lot more *cackles with glee*.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    edited September 2012
    I'm 45. But I've been playing D&D from Original Set D&D, 1977/78.
    CCarluNNFredjoLekian
  • theJoshFrosttheJoshFrost Member Posts: 171
    My age is not.
  • KholdstareKholdstare Member Posts: 160
    23 here. :)
  • davidcm86davidcm86 Member Posts: 4
    LadyRhian said:

I'm 45. But I've been playing D&D from Original Set D&D, 1977/78.

Nice ;)

CCarluNN
  • AnOnionAnOnion Member Posts: 30
    davidcm86 said:

This game is old, all know. Then, how old should have now?

I'm 25 years old

Real talk.

QuartzMortianna
  • MoiraMoira Member Posts: 173
    I just turned 35... and was kinda annoyed that I still had to wait three weeks for BGEE :)
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    I'm 44, and I've been playing CRPG's over halv my live...
    When I realized its been 14 years since the original release of BG I couldn't believe it...
    Makes me feel quite old...
    After buying BG:EE for pc and iPad I'll own 4 different editions of the game.. :-)
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    Wow! I feel like a child compared to most of you. Probably because in most forums I'm one of the oldest. I'm 22.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Moira said:

I just turned 35... and was kinda annoyed that I still had to wait three weeks for BGEE :)

Happy Belated Birthday!
    Moira
  • serabietserabiet Member Posts: 52
    edited September 2012
    25 next month. Baldur's Gates were the first games I got passionate about. Not counting Commander Keen or Tomb Raiders, those I merely obsessed over spent a lot of time on.
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    I think I spent as much time playing Pong on Commander Keen as i did playing the actual game.
    Moira
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    1998 was a very good year (thanks Shatner, not this time) it was the year Thief: The Dark Project came out and stole my heart!
    jhart1018
  • HerrderGezeitenHerrderGezeiten Member Posts: 139
    edited September 2012
    This year 30,..

In my pension i want BG 3D ;-)
    Moomintroll