Skip to content

[MOD] -Might and Guile- a tweak mod and kit pack for warriors and rogues.

Comments

• Swifty_MageeSwifty_Magee Member Posts: 229
    Darkersun said:

Just a small idea, now that you managed to do a Ranger/Mage how about a Monk/Mage?
    - Maybe use Thief/Mage as base
    - Cannot use Armor/Helmets/Shields (Robes are fine?)
    - Monk+Mage weapon selection
    - Fist Damage progression
    - Monk innate ability's and AC bonus
    – Limited access to thief abilities: may only use Hide in Shadows, Move Silently, and Find Traps.
    - Better THAC0 progression than Thief/Mage.
    - Maybe loses MR as a drawback?

Would that be possible? (Maybe to unbalanced?)

A Monk that can shoot fireballs?

...so a street fighter? I don't know if that's possible, but I dammit, it should be!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    mashedtaters
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636

Another thought: this may not be the most popular move, but I may tweak warrior feats such that, not only will you lose the "feat choice" ability with you dual-class, but you will actually lose the feats you have already chosen as well. Idea being, as you learn a whole new set of skills, you become rusty and forget the specialized warrior techniques that you practiced in your earlier career.

The reason being, it would just be a small incentive to stay single-class instead of being Yet Another Reason to Spam Dual Classes. Single-class warriors need some love!

Actually, I think that makes sense. There needs to be some cost to multi/dual-classing. A "jack of all trades" is never going to be as good at a single class as a "master of one trade".
  • AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    @subtledoctor and other interested parties: I am interested in a monk/sorcerer type kit at some point. I just haven't had time for development of it yet. But it will happen eventually...
    [Deleted User]IchigoRXC
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    @subtledoctor
    Hey! Thank you so much for the ranger/Mage! I got to test him out a bit in BGEE this last weekend! I was drooling in awe and wonder!

I didn't get very far from candlekeep, though. Actually, I only got to that part where I met xzar and montaroon before something came up.

I was wondering, though, if it would be possible to make the progression of the kit a little bit more clear in the readme? I understood that there was a +3 bonus to hp every level, as described in the book (not the readme) and from this forum. But otherwise, I am in the dark on thac0 and apr bonus, so there is not really anyway to know if it is working the way you had designed it (kit description is still mage/thief). I am aware that they cannot select more than one pip in anything right now. All of this is fine, simply because it says "ranger"/Mage, but I would like to check the other parts of the class kit when I have time in order to help troubleshoot if necessary.

Thanks again! You rock.
    mashedtaters
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Only one pip, yes. But it should get warrior APR bonuses at levels 7 and 13. Also, free pips in weapon styles. I figure, that plus arcane buffs makes it pretty effective in melee.

Cool, thanks. Apr at 7 and 13 is perfect.
    What about thac0?
  • GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 523

GawainBS said:

Grand Mastery for Bladesingers is not working in BGII:EE. It only goes to High Mastery. (4 pips.) I can also add more than 1 pip in other weapongroups.
    I've installed SoB after M&G, though, with the weaponproficiency overhaul.

SoB after M&G is the correct install order.

I think I've cracked it. Here is v2.4 with two major changes:
    - SoD support
    - The Bladesinger now has the proper proficiency advancement. Yay! :smiley:

https://github.com/subtledoctor/Might_and_Guile/releases/tag/2.4

Please note, this new, better Bladesinger does not work on the old engine/BGT. Apparently the new way I've coded it is only supported by the EEs. Unfortunately, it's the only way to properly code it. So, I think this might be the time when I finally say goodbye to BGT and the old TOB engine... :(

On the other hand everything else should still work there, so it's not completely goodbye. But, the writing is on the wall...

Next up: I'll give the ranger/mage the same treatment.
    Thanks! So the correct order is now: uninstall SoB and M&G, then re-install new M&G and then SoB?
    When installing the new M&G in IWD:EE, I get this error: "Problem parsing TP file [MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2]: Failure <"No rule to identify SoD">
  • wsmithjrwsmithjr Member Posts: 50
    edited April 2016

I think I've cracked it. Here is v2.4 with two major changes:
    - SoD support
    - The Bladesinger now has the proper proficiency advancement. Yay! :smiley:

https://github.com/subtledoctor/Might_and_Guile/releases/tag/2.3.6

Please note, this new, better Bladesinger does not work on the old engine/BGT. Apparently the new way I've coded it is only supported by the EEs. Unfortunately, it's the only way to properly code it. So, I think this might be the time when I finally say goodbye to BGT and the old TOB engine... :(

I don't know if this is related, but I did a build last night with BGEE and the Bladesinger wouldn't install. Don't have the logs here to relate the exact message. I kind of assumed it was because of a conflict with another mod such as Divine Remix or the like. However, a build I had done just a couple days ago, it installed fine though I don't believe I used Divine Remix in that case, but now seeing this message, perhaps it's because of the update. Any ideas (without detailed error messages)?
    V 2.3.6 worked liked a charm, thanks.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Don't forget the boxing glove arrow for non-lethal damage.

Swifty_MageeBennett

It will NOT involve bards or psionics. Not yet, anyway.

Is there going to be a Psionic class in this mod eventually? I'm all for that, but I thought it would be too hard to code in.

• IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    @subtledoctor If you stick a document with the icons name description etc in @Grammarsalad google drive, I will add it to my list of Icons to make. I will probably base them off of called shot and try and make a variation for each.
    edited May 2016
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    mashedtatersSwifty_Magee
    I really like the proposed Thief feats. Feats definitely ups the attractiveness of choosing the class. I don't know if the "Use Wands" feat is overpowered, but I like the fact that it's only attainable for trueclass thieves.

Adding a hierarchy of "Use Wands" -> "Use Scrolls" could be interesting, but it is sounding more like a bard class; more magical than mechanical. I'd have to try it out in-game to see how well it works, to be honest. Overall though, these all sound like great ideas.
    Can't thieves already use wands in Icewind Dale?

Can't thieves already use wands in Icewind Dale?

In IWD2, they can. IWD2 used 3E rules.
    mashedtaters
    edited April 2016
    Swifty_Mageemashedtaters

I should probably put a minimum Intelligence requirement on it, though... say, 14 for Use Wands, and 16 for Use Scrolls?

That would prevent folks from building a thief with like 8 or 9 INT and then using wands/scrolls. We both know folks'll abuse the crap out it if you don't, haha.

IchigoRXC

I should probably put a minimum Intelligence requirement on it, though... say, 14 for Use Wands, and 16 for Use Scrolls?

I like the rational of needing a high intelligence to do what normally can't be done by any old thief. 14 and 16 sound like the right numbers, too. Or maybe 15 and 17 to sync it up with the stat bonuses you get in Scales of Balance...might as well get as many bonuses as I can if I'm trying to make a smarter-than-average thief.
    With a 17 intelligence, they may end up dual-classing to wizard anyway, so it doesn't really harm balance at all. I think allowing intelligent thieves to use wands is a good idea.