Skip to content

Finch v4.0 BETA 7 for Tutu, BG:EE and BGT!

Comments

• BeetleBeetle Member Posts: 46
    Somehow I missed this thread until last week. Now I'm happily running my first BGEE party with old friends Finch and Indira. Thanks!
    JuliusBorisovErgCrevsDaak
  • amyaeamyae Member Posts: 71
    Erg said:

- Fixed double reward exploit in Firebead's Quest in Beregost when other mods altering Firebead dialogue, like for example BG1 NPC Project, are also installed

I think you fixed it too much, because when I did Firebead's quest with Finch in the party, I got his dialogue as if I had completed the quest, but the book stayed in my inventory and I received no quest rewards from him.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    edited December 2014
    amyae said:

Erg said:

- Fixed double reward exploit in Firebead's Quest in Beregost when other mods altering Firebead dialogue, like for example BG1 NPC Project, are also installed

I think you fixed it too much, because when I did Firebead's quest with Finch in the party, I got his dialogue as if I had completed the quest, but the book stayed in my inventory and I received no quest rewards from him.
    @amyae, thanks for reporting the issue, however I need more information to reproduce and fix this.

Which version of the game are you using? (e.g. BG:EE, Tutu, BGT, etc.; if BG:EE, do you have the latest patch installed?)

Do you have also BG1 NPC Project and/or other mods? In this case, it would be nice if you could post here your WeiDU.log file.

In the meantime I'll see if I can reproduce the bug on my own.
    Stradlin
  • amyaeamyae Member Posts: 71
    Sorry about that! The game's on my other computer and I haven't had a chance to get the WeiDU.log yet... will see if I can reproduce the bug and let you know exactly who was in the party & such, as well.
    edited December 2014
    @amyae, I confirm that there is indeed a problem with Firebead's quest. This bug depends also on party configuration, so other people may or may not experience it. In most cases, if Finch is in the party, you may receive only part of the quest reward (you'll get XP and reputation, but not the book nor the scroll case).

I'm working on a fix and I hope to release a new version soon.

The next version will include also a German translation, kindly provided by Leonardo Watson.
    Post edited by Erg on
    CrevsDaakkaguanaJuliusBorisov
  • GraoumfGraoumf Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 312
    Maybe @Immortality and Clan Dlan can provide the spanish update?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited December 2014
    Graoumf said:

Maybe Immortality and Clan Dlan can provide the spanish update?

I'm working on one. 50% done by now ;D

Edit: done--see next post.
    Post edited by CrevsDaak on
    kaguana
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Erg said:

@1126 = ~(Tug Finch's hair.)~
    @1127 = ~Say, Finch, what are you reading?~
    @1128 = ~(Finch squints her discomfort as you give one of her braids a pull, but studiously ignores your presence.)~
    @1129 = ~Quit doing that, you... you... bully!~
    @1130 = ~Ow! You remind me of my siblings. They always used to pull my hair when I was trying to read, too.~
    @1131 = ~(Finch waves one hand about her head as if to shoo away a fly then returns to her studies.)~
    @1132 = ~(Finch peers at you, unsure how she should react.)~
    @1133 = ~I am reading a volume I picked up off of a peddler in the last town--"Volo's Guide To Staying Home." I suspect it is a terrible forgery.~
    @1134 = ~I am reading a pamphlet announcing my hometown's annual Miss Turnip contest.~
    @1135 = ~I am reading the biography about the clan that rules the Hillgnasher giants. It's called "Standing Tall."~
    @1136 = ~I am reading a study of weather patterns in the Calim Desert. The narrative is rather dry for my tastes.~
    @1137 = ~This? Oh, this is an abandoned shopping list someone must have dropped on the ground. I ran out of anything better.~
    @1138 = ~Oh, this? This is nothing. (Finch quickly hides the book inside her bag.) Certainly nothing frivolous like a romance novel!~
    @1139 = ~That's not a compliment.~
    @1140 = ~You make it difficult to live quietly, .~
    @1141 = ~*sigh* I could never win a gnomish beauty contest. I haven't the nose for it!~
    @1142 = ~I am reading the label on this jar of fruit preserves I picked up in the last village. My! If I ate the whole thing, I'd plump up like a dumpling!~
    @1143 = ~I am reading a copy of an Amnish almanac. Did you know that it rains almost as much in the South as it does along the Sword Coast?~
    @1144 = ~A cookbook? This volume looks like a yummy addition for the Nashkel library. Or should I say a yummy edition?!~ [SUFINC73]
    @1145 = ~Finch requires Tutu, BG:EE or BGT~
    @1146 = ~Transcribed Volumes~
    @1147 = ~Transcribed Volumes

Finch is carrying several copies of simply-bound works such as this that she transcribed during her recent visit to Candlekeep.~
    @1148 = ~The Joy of Pudding~
    @1149 = ~The Joy of Pudding

This well-thumbed volume is a cookbook comprising of various sweet and savory recipes such as:

Turnip Whip

Scald and stir in a saucepan (may substitute bucket if saucepans not in season) over low heat (may substitute Burning Hands if heat not in season):

2 cups wyvern's milk (cow's milk may be substituted if the local wyverns are cranky)
    1/4 cup sugar
    1/2 cup mashed turnips

Pour part of these ingredients over:

1 beaten wyvern's egg yolk (if local wyverns still cranky, may substitute 4 yolks of the chicken variety)

Return the sauce to the pan. Stir custard constantly over low heat until it thickens slightly or angry wyverns show up for supper. (Do not offer them a portion.) Strain custard if desired. (Picky, picky.) Cool by placing pan in cool water. (If water not in season, the author humbly suggests that the cook has bigger problems than making the perfect pudding and should stop mucking around with turnips and wyverns.) In a separate bowl, whip until stiff:

3/4 cup whipping cream

Add:

1 teaspoon vanilla

Fold the cold turnip custard into the whipped cream mixture. Chill thoroughly before serving. Serves 6.~

@1126 = ~(Halarle del cabello a Finch)~
    @1127 = ~Dime, Finch, ¿que estas leyendo?~
    @1128 = ~(Finch mira de soslayo como tiras de una de sus trenzas, pero estudiadamente te ignora.)~
    @1129 = ~Para eso ya, tu… tu… ¡Molesto!~
    @1130 = ~Ouu! Me recuerdas de mis hermanos. Ellos también me tiraban del pelo cuando intentaba leer.~
    @1131 = ~(Finch mueve una mano sobre su cabeza, como si espantara una mosca, y vuelve a sus estudios.)~
    @1132 = ~(Finch te observa, insegura de como reaccionar.)~
    @1133 = ~Estoy leyendo un volumen que me ha dado un vendedor ambulante del último pueblo--"La Guia de estar en Casa, de Volo." Sospecho que es una terrible falsificación.~
    @1134 = ~Estoy leyendo un panfleto anunciando el concurso anual que se celebra en mi pueblo, "Miss Nabo".~
    @1135 = ~Estoy leyendo la biografía del clan que reina a los gigantes Hillgnasher. Se llama "Quedando Alto".~
    @1136 = ~Estoy leyendo un estudio sobre los cambios climáticos en el Desierto Calim. La narrativa es un poco aburrida y seca para mi gusto.~
    @1137 = ~Esto? Ay, es una lista de compras abandonada, se le debe haber caído a alguien. Ya no tengo nada mejor para leer.~
    @1138 = ~Ay, esto? No es nada. (Finch rápidamente esconde el libro en su bolso.) Ciertamente no hay nada tan frílovo como una novela romántica.~
    @1139 = ~Eso no es un elogio.~
    @1140 = ~Haces que sea tan difícil vivir en silencio, < CHARNAME >.~
    @1141 = ~(Finch suspira) Nunca pude ganar un concurso de belleza de gnomos. ¡Me falta nariz para eso!~
    @1142 = ~Estoy leyendo la etiqueta de este tarro de frutas en conserva que conseguí en el último pueblo. ¡Si me lo hubiera comido todo estaría gorda como un bola de fraile!~
    @1143 = ~Estoy leyendo una copia del calendario Amniano. ¿Sabias que allí llueve tanto como llueve aquí en la Costa de la Espada?~
    @1144 = ~¿Un libro de cocina? Este volumen parece una rica adición a la biblioteca de Nashkel. ¿¡O debería decirse un rica edición!?~
    @1145 = ~Finch require TuTu, BG:EE o BGT.~
    @1146 = ~Volúmenes Transcriptos~
    @‌1147 = ~Volúmenes Transcriptos

Finch esta llevando consigo varias copias como esta de manuscritos que transcribió durante su reciente estadía en Candelero.~
    @1148 = ~La Alegría del Budín~
    @1149 = ~La Alegría del Budín

Este grueso volumen es un libro de cocina que contiene varias recetas dulces y saladas como:

Crema de Nabo

Calentar y revolver en una sartén (substituir con un balde si no hay temporada de sartenes) a fuego lento (substituir con un conjuro de Manos Ardientes si no hay temporada de fuegos):

2 tazas de leche de Draco (substituir con leche de vaca si los Dracos del pueblo estan irritados)
    1/4 de taza de azúcar
    Media taza de puré de nabos

Derrame parte de estos ingredientes sobre:

Una yema de huevo de Draco batida (si los Dracos locales siguen irritados reemplazar con 4 yemas de huevo de gallina)

Volver a poner la sartén sobre el fuego. Revolver natillas constantemente sobre fuego lento hasta que se espese o que Dracos enojados aparezcan para la cena. (No les ofrezca una porción.) Convídeles natillas si desea. (Elija, elija.) Enfriar la sartén poniendola en agua fría. (Si no hay temporada de agua, el humilde autor sugiere que el cocinero tiene suficientes problemas para estar tratando de hacer los budines más ricos y debería dejar de curiosear con nabos y Dracos.) En un bol separado, mezclar hasta punto de nieve:

3/4 de taza de crema para batir

Y agregar:

Una cucharada de té de esencia de vainilla

Batir la pasta de nabos con la crema batida. Servir 6 porciones en frio.~
    elminsterErgkaguanaJuliusBorisov
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Erg said:

2) the original author of CD_STATE_NOTVALID, as the prefix shows, is @CamDawg. Considering that there is even a tutorial from @LiamEsler explaining why modders should use it, I'm assuming that everyone is granted permission to use it.

Oh my goodness, yes, feel free. The point of this (and STATE_REALLY_DEAD, one of mine for the Fixpack) was for universal use. It never occurred to me that my prefix would make folks gunshy about using it for their own mods.

CrevsDaakErgelminsterGrammarsalad
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,270
    edited December 2014
    Hi @ERG, if you want to make BWS maintainers life easy, please setup one and unchangeable/permanent download url for you mod in BETA version. Thanks.
  • GraoumfGraoumf Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 312
    Cahir said:

@Erg I cannot find if this question was asked before, but do you have in plans to convert Gavin too? I vaguely remember that I had him in one of my playthroughs few years back and he looked quite interesting back then.

Done by @jastey : http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=26999

• CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    @Graoumf, yep I saw it already. But, thanks :smile:
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited February 2015
    @Erg
    Is Finch available in Italian language?
    EDIT: It seems she is not. Thanks.
    Post edited by Aedan on
    Erg
  • Warren1965Warren1965 Member Posts: 1
    Finding out I can have Finch just made me buy BG:EE thank you so much for my favorite NPC!
    JuliusBorisovErg
  • AKrugBierAKrugBier Member Posts: 110
    Does she have banters with the EE npcs?
    AKrugBier said:

Does she have banters with the EE npcs?

No.

I'm just a maintainer and not the original author, so I didn't change the actual content of the original mod. I just fixed few bugs and added compatibility with BGT and BG:EE.
    Sylvus_MoonbowelminsterIchigoRXC
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    And we thank you for that Erg. Awesome stuff, I have used Finch in numerous playthroughs.
    ErgkaguanaGrammarsalad
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    edited March 2016
    Some son said this morning on the forum she's the cutest cleric in the realms. Thanks for keeping her updated for adventures in newer versions!
    ErgAedan
    @Erg:

I address to you my first post after installing and starting Siege of Dragonspear, as I have Finch in my Final Save party from finishing BG:EE 1.3. Finch in Siege of Dragonspear is known by the illustrious name of "As would I.", has no selection sounds and no portrait.

I know you only take care of her compatibility and the mod is content-finished, so I don't expect any new banters, but well, if you have time for it, maybe you could take a look at fixing her name, portrait and selection sound.

But maybe this gets hampered by the different way dialog.tlk is handled by version 2.0 and SoD? Please keep us updated if there's anything you can do to our beloved gnome librarian.
    @Son_of_Imoen do you have the Steam or GOG version of SoD ?

If this is indeed the case, take a look at this discussion.
    Erg said:

@Son_of_Imoen do you have the Steam or GOG version of SoD ?

If this is indeed the case, take a look at this discussion.

I have the GOG version. But what's more important, I've been dumb, very dumb and must apologize to you.

Here's what I've done:

1. I read about the problems of WeiDu mods not working on the GOG version of Dragonspear.
    2. I decided to install Siege of Dragonspear in an un-modded state, so it's completely without mods.
    3. I import my final save from my 1.3 modded game into this UNMODDED Siege of Dragonspear
    4. There's my party in the entrance dungeon, including "As would I." without a portrait, without the glasses of identification, without Finch's voice, just a gnome cleric with Finch's skills - as that is what SoD extracts from the savegame, when Finch is not installed.
    5. I complain on this topic. :neutral:

6. I went to the sauna today to clear a busy head and while I'm lying there being relaxed it suddenly dawns on me: I HADN'T INSTALLED ANY MOD.

7. Son_of_Imoen feels very silly and apologizes to @Erg.

Next step: I am going to wait till Beamdog and/or the modding community have sorted out this thing with mod's not working on the GOG version - however long that might take - and only then I will start modding SoD and put Finch in.
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    @Erg I'm playing with Finch on BGEE+SOD installer and it seem that it work fine so far except that nothing of the quest and meeting her register in the journal.
    AedanErg
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @kaguana
    It seems that the journal system has been somehow modified, that is why you got that problem.
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/52716/does-weidu-support-the-new-journal-system
    Erg
    @Aedan Of course it was modified and that why the problem just letting @Erg Know about it, also mine don't show up in the quest log nor the journal so it a bit a different problem.
    kaguana said:

Erg I'm playing with Finch on BGEE+SOD installer and it seem that it work fine so far except that nothing of the quest and meeting her register in the journal.

@kaguana, I'm glad that's working in BGEE+SOD, let me know if you find any problems other than the broken journal.
    kaguana said:

Aedan Of course it was modified and that why the problem just letting Erg Know about it, also mine don't show up in the quest log nor the journal so it a bit a different problem.

Unfortunately I'm already using the recommended method for the journal. Hopefully WeiDU will be updated soon to account for the new system introduced by the recent patch.
    kaguanaAedan
    After updating to the last update and reinstalling my mods (in the right order of course ) and seem like Weidu got an update, finch for some reason if I highlight her give this sentence

edited May 2016
    @kaguana, even if you reinstall the mods in the same order, there may be issues like the one you are experiencing. This is why it is recommended to never apply a patch midgame.

If you are not too far into the game I would recommend starting anew, otherwise I can try and provide a fix for Finch's name, but there may be also other issues you are not aware off yet.

Can you upload a savegame and your dialog.tlk ?

However, before you do so, maybe we should check with @Dee, or other blues, if uploading dialog.tlk is allowed.

Edit:

@Dee, I would still like to know if uploading dialog.tlk is allowed for future reference, but in this case is not required anymore as I found an easier way to help @kaguana.

@kaguana, instead of uploading a savegame and dialog.tlk, as requested above, try installing the mod attached below. That mod doesn't really change anything but it simply retrieves the reference number for Finch name.

Usage:

1) install the FinchName mod
    2) post here the number you get in the console windows between "Installing [Finch's Name] [v1]" and "SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Finch's Name" or, alternatively, attach here the file "SETUP-FINCHNAME.DEBUG"

Example:

N.B. the mod FinchName can't (doesn't need to) be uninstalled, because doesn't actually install anything, and thus it will not show in WeiDU.log
    Post edited by Erg on
    I know it not recommended to update but I never had problem before, I install it as you ask but it didn't bring Finch's name back, it still show that quote of her.

The number I got is 72137

Ok I fix it by using the EE keeper and change her name back to Finch, sorry to bother you, everything else seem in order :)