Skip to content

BG1 Unfinished Business v16.0

Comments

• sandrolsandrol Member Posts: 31
    Thanks will download and install it!!,
    Question...
    The installation will require from me to begin a new game...?
    Best regards.
    Sandrol
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited January 2016
    It would be advisable to start a new game. The game stores local copies of every area you have visited and the creatures in those areas in your save game files. BG1UB makes changes to some areas and creatures, but it can't edit the copies in your saved games. So, if you've already been to an area that BG1UB mods, the changes will not be available in your saved game.
  • sandrolsandrol Member Posts: 31
    mm.... OK, great to know, i will start a new game and update if i see any bugs.
    A question.
    I installed the next mods and i using EE Keeper 1.0.3.2 a little:

GUI Switch v1.41 (Windows, Mac)
    BG1npc-v22.2
    BG1npcmusic-v6
    BG1ub-> i will now use the beta version
    iwdification-Beta3
    stratagems-v30

This is also the order i install them.

and i have the next bug quest, after i reinstall stratagems-v30 the problem is fixed, the question is what causing that to happen ....?

Thanks as always
    Best regards.

Sandrol
    A fan of your work.

Loading an old save game on a new, modded install can be problematic. The save game will contain creature and area files from the previous install, so things may not work right.

In this case, a journal entry in your save game contains a references to a string added by SCS.

SCS alters the Winter Wolf Pelt quest so that you can only sell one pelt to the shopkeeper in Nashkel)

When strings referenced by the game are missing, you see a string "Invalid: NUMBER" error. The game is giving the index of the missing string. Even if those strings are added, a new install may not have the same strings at the same index in the dialog.tlk file, so the journal entries could reference different strings.

This is why it is recommended to start a new game if you make a new installation.
    sandrol
  • KhanNovaKhanNova Member Posts: 12
    Hello @AstroBryGuy ! Hello all ! I have a question about Mal-Kalen in Unfinished Business ! It is possible to give him a corpse ? Because when i try to give him the corpse in ulcaster, he doesn't care and want to fight me.

I can just fight with him or i can save him with the corpse ?

Thank ! have a good day
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @KhanNova

If you get the corpse close to the wolf you can avoid fighting Mal-Kalen by giving it to him.

And, IIRC, he'll go face de Wolf using his new corpse.
    KhanNova said:

Hello @AstroBryGuy ! Hello all ! I have a question about Mal-Kalen in Unfinished Business ! It is possible to give him a corpse ? Because when i try to give him the corpse in ulcaster, he doesn't care and want to fight me.

I can just fight with him or i can save him with the corpse ?

Thank ! have a good day

There are a few corpses you can give him.

Samuel, Evan, Brage, Nathan, Chelak, or the miscellaneous male and female corpses. The component also adds a corpse to the "pile of bodies" by the "boss wolf".

• CanzahCanzah Member Posts: 37
    So does this work with 2.0 or do we need an update?
    It should work, but I haven't tested it yet. You will need to install the mod after you have updated to 2.0. Also, if you install SoD, do that before you install the mod. If you install SoD after the mod, there will be problems.
    elminster
    UPDATE: Steam downloads all the SoD files into a zip file in a dlc folder. It doesn't replace the original dialog.tlk file in the lang folder. WeiDU sees the original dialog.tlk file and patches that. Then your game uses the SoD dialog.tlk file in the zip file from the dlc folder. Hilarity ensues.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/49877/bgee-sod-directory-structure#latest

BG1UB should work ok with BGEEv2 without SoD (expect minor bugs). But, until there is a workaround for this dlc zip file stuff, it won't work on SoD on Steam.
    jackjackCaradoc
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    I translated the new components in Italian and I fixed many typo in all the other files.
    Attached the updated Italian translation. Can you please add it?
    jackjackelminsterartificial_sunlightAstroBryGuy
    @AstroBryGuy
    Thank you very much for your efforts and for updating the Italian translation :)
    UB is a very rich mod and I would say that now it covers pretty much all the unfinished business.
    Question: have you ever consider working on UB for BG2 as well? That mod is super nice, but it desperately needs a manteiner and someone willing to restore other content.
    In any case, thanks a lot for your modding activity!
    kaguanajackjackAstroBryGuy
    Call to all BG1UB users: Updates are needed for the Spanish, German, Polish, and Russian translations (German and Polish have some of the new lines already translated). I posted details in the Translation thread at Pocket Plane forums:

http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,22315.msg337899.html#msg337899

If you can contribute translated text, many thanks in advance!
    Aedan
    Summoning @Cahir for Polish :)
    jackjackAstroBryGuy
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    edited May 2016
    @Aedan thanks, I'm aware of it. Can't tell if I could find time to do it myself, so I've notified @Bartek , original translator of BG1UB. Maybe he can find time to update translation.
    AedanAstroBryGuy
  • Mr2150Mr2150 Member Posts: 1,170
    Just to check, is this v2.2 compatible ?
    @Mr2150 - It should be, but I haven't downloaded v2.2 yet.
    Mr2150
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    It's working perfectly for me on 2.2, though I certainly haven't checked every little thing added by the mod.
    Mr2150Aedankaguana
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    Methlid's Harp, the item you get from listening to the Lake Poets at Peldvale, is usable by Bards, Bard kits, and Barbarians. Is that intentional?

Also, it seems like those Lake Poets are completely immortal. Attacking them shows a Hit most of the time, but no damage. Not even CTRL-Y will kill them.
    The immortality is a function of using Volo's animation. His animation is hard coded immortal.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I don't think Volo has a death animation. So that might have something to do with it.
    AstroBryGuyjackjack
    edited June 2016
    Also, the Lake Poets are BG1NPC, not BG1UB. So, let's take any further discussion to the BG1NPC forum.

EDIT: The item files are just copied from BG2. In the original BG2 engine, flagging an item as unusable by fighters would make it unusable by barbarians, since barbarians are functionally a fighter kit. There must be a change in how BG1EE looks at usability flags (or least how it displays the "usable by" descriptions).
    Post edited by AstroBryGuy on
    elminsterjackjack
  • PeLLeT_RSDPeLLeT_RSD Member Posts: 55
    Don't know if this is because of BG-UB or BG-NPC mod but when you first enter the Silvershield Estate and have the circlet you find at the caravan raid, if a guard talks to you, you have the option to go upstairs and give it to Lady Silvershield.

The problem is that after you deliver it, if you go to the other side of the estate and talk to Silke there is no dialog option about the circlet and she might turn hostile depending on your answer.

This also happen if you go downstairs and another guard talks to you. There is no more dialog option about the circlet and he might turn hostile.

I thought that it should be a dialog option to let you leave the estate and deliver the circlet just in case someone talks to you.
    The component you are referring to is in BG1NPC, not BG1UB. There are no dialogs added to Skie's pre-joining dialog by this component. You need to bring Eldoth with you to recruit Skie.
    jackjack
    Svlast's Bastard Sword +1 comes pre-identified. Is this intended?
  • Graf_WasiliGraf_Wasili Member Posts: 60
    Hi Astroguy,

thanks for your great modding work.

Maybe you or anybody else can help me. I am unable to install any component of BG1UB 14.0 (game version: SoD 2.3).

WEIDU keeps telling me "FAILURE: Please install on BG, BGT, Tutu, or BGEE."

Attached you can find my debug file...
    @Graf_Wasili - You're using the beta version of WeiDU V239.01 which does not detect a SoD install as BGEE. This will cause problems. Use the v239 release version.

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27854
    jackjackGraf_Wasili
    Keep in mind that Weidu will automatically update itself based on other mods placed in the same directory (which is actually quite the inconvenience in this case, so you got to make sure that you have no installers in there that are based on the new weidu.
    AstroBryGuyGraf_Wasilijackjack