Skip to content

Post your party pictures here, with brief summary of the general idea

1235»

Comments

• Ignatius_J_ReillyIgnatius_J_Reilly Member Posts: 24

Suvi Korpela: Mother of Gorion's Ward, Talvi Korpela, (Read her ongoing story here!), Suvi is a renowned adventurer on her own right. Like her daughter, she possessed an amazing talent for the arcane from a young age, although concepts such as "control" and "discipline" always seemed to elude her. Like many elves, she feels the innate urge to throw off her clothes and frolic naked in the woods, though the cold climate of the north precludes such fanciful activities.

Ignaar Drowslayer: Ignaar wants you to know that he's a lean, mean, drow-killing machine. Well, he's not too terribly lean, and if he is a machine, then he's the kind with only two settings: "off" and "kill." He boasts proudly about the number of drow he's slain, and claims to have left the Underdark awash in dark elf blood on multiple occasions. Still, he is apparently willing to travel with a drow, whom he barely tolerates.

Ilona: She declares that she has come to the north to teach it some "discipline." You aren't sure what she means by that, but given that she is a follower of Loviatar and dressed in a skin-tight black leather bodice, you have a feeling it probably isn't too pleasant. Whatever you do, don't let her take you to her "dungeon."

Ihriel Laelslyannen: A drow orphaned on the surface at a young age, Ihriel has spent most of her life in Easthaven. Owing to the prejudice faced by her kind outside the Underdark, her foster-parents have kept her sheltered from the world, and thus she approaches adventuring with a mixture of wide-eyed innocence and idealism. Her favourite activities include "hugging," "cuddling," and "snuggling." Naturally, she does not get along with Ignaar Drowslayer, who promises to violently murder her on a daily basis.

Stratford Dickshot McKillington: A bloodthirsty, psychotic halfling from gods-know-where, Stratford signed on for the sole purposes of murdering, mutilating, and robbing (not necessarily in that order) anyone who stands in their way. He would eventually meet his end man years later at the claws of a red dragon who devoured him whole, his last words being a threat to give the dragon "the worst gas he ever had" which would make it "very unpopular with other dragons for some time afterwards."
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Hahaha, @Ignatius_J_Reilly, that's some funny backstories! Dickshot's ending made me laugh out loud.
  • MerinaMerina Member Posts: 303
    I admire all those non-standard portraits :blush: ... as with IWDEE I've never found the patience to insert custom ones as with BG(2)EE.
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    Merina said:

I admire all those non-standard portraits :blush: ... as with IWDEE I've never found the patience to insert custom ones as with BG(2)EE.

I'm...a bit of a portrait-addict. >_>;; I have almost 200 pictures in all three games...
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @SharGuidesMyHand , "Evangela" - what a perfect name for a paladin, or maybe cleric. It could be "Evangelus" for a male. You're very good at naming characters.
    @Elrandir and @SharGuidesMyHand; two excellent party presentations with interresting characters and background stories. I especially liked Elrandir's character Meverick. Thank you both.
  • VitorVitor Member Posts: 288
    edited December 2015
    It's a very Noldorian party. I'm still in the beginning of the game, so I don't have all these characters yet. I started the game with Curufin and Namour, and I'm adding each of the other characters gradually, so it makes a "Baldur's Gate story pace sense".

[spoiler=Curufin]image
    Curufin is the leader of the group. He is the rightful heir to the throne of the ancient-now-fallen Eaerlann elven kingdom. He is a fire spirited elf, and is raising funds in the Icewind Dales to reconstruct his Kingdom someday.[/spoiler][spoiler=Namour]image
    He is a strong and huge (7,5 f / 2,30m tall) sea-elf Fighter with the fury of the sea in his heart, and he is a sworn knight to King Curufin. Curufin had defended his family from rival nobles in the sea elf court, and now he will follow Curufin and help him to rebuild his kingdom.[/spoiler][spoiler=Ellassien]image
    Elassien is a younger sister of Queen Ellessime, from Suldanesselar. She hasn't followed her good hearted sister since the fall of Myth Drannor, but Curufin has found in her a talented sorceress and offered her a position in his to be rebuilded Kingdom.[/spoiler][spoiler=Eulyria]image
    Eulyria is a half-elf/half-dryad druid found by the party in Kuldahar. She had accept to help Curufin to solve the recent anomalies felt by nature in the region.[/spoiler][spoiler=Floki]image
    Floki is an insane rogue that survived the massacre in Kuldahar Pass. He was accepted by the party, since he could be of help in this foreign unknown towns. What Floki wants is that is a mistery. He is insane and change his mind very often (He's like Loki, the god of mischief).[/spoiler][spoiler=Grimnir]image
    Grimnir is a dwarf fighter-cleric that the party will eventualy meet. He's a mighty hero from the Nibelungs that has prepared himself his entire life to battle demons.[/spoiler]
    Post edited by Vitor on
    edited December 2015
    Hehe @Vitor, I liked that you've used the name and picture of the character Floki from the tv-show Vikings. He is indeed rather chaotic/neutral in that show; irratic, paranoid and changes his mood and actions all the time.
  • VitorVitor Member Posts: 288
    edited December 2015
    Skatan said:

Hehe @Vitor, I liked that you've used the name and picture of the character Floki from the tv-show Vikings. He is indeed rather chaotic/neutral in that show; irratic, paranoid and changes his mood and actions all the time.

Yes. I love this show! But I got Floki's name and apperance, because they're the best representation ever from Loki, the god of mischeif. But his personality is more based in the norse god than the character in Vikings. That's why his alignment is Chaotic Evil.

Also, Curufin is very inspired in Fëanor, from Tolkien's The Silmarillion, and Namour got the name and apperance from Marvel's hero Namor, The Submariner... But his personality is a bit different. He's like a proud and loyal warrior from the sea.
  • M0tanM0tan Member Posts: 61
    edited January 2016
    @fireandsteel73 Great background story. That's what makes all D&D games so great, the feeling that you contribute to Forgotten Realms history :)

For a while now I've been planning an adventure party to play through IWD:EE, but I need to finish my current games before I switch.

The party will consist of 4 dwarfs and 2 gnomes. I have a background story for each of them and I'll surely publish it here once it's done.

P.S. Although the portrait of Sevaria looks cool, it doesn't really strike you as evil :)
  • fireandsteel73fireandsteel73 Member Posts: 31
    M0tan said:

@fireandsteel73

P.S. Although the portrait of Sevaria looks cool, it doesn't really strike you as evil :)

lol, you've fallen for it. Sevaria is beautiful, and hides her evil intentions well.

• OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    edited January 2016
    Here's Naluo Sago, from one of my recent playthroughs that I've yet to complete.

The goal is to get to the end of Durlag's Tower (finding ways around all the traps that will kill the character instantly) and then beat the game.

• OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    edited June 2016
    My current IWD playthrough involves three characters: Isi, Asi, and Osi! Each character has their maximum health decreased by 400, making it so that there's basically no way for them to have more than 1 max HP per level (which is the minimum max HP a character can have).

Isi is the Tanky Assassin! She can take lots of hits despite her low health, since she has 99% resistance to all damage types except for poison and magic damage. Anyone who hits her will deal two damage (they'd normally deal one damage but I'm playing on Insane difficulty). She can use any item and can use thief skills while wearing heavy armor. Isi is the only one of the three who has this damage resistance, and I made it so that she is unable to get additional damage resistance (so wielding a sword that gives slashing resistance won't give her any slashing resistance).

Asi hits hard.

Osi is a Dragon Disciple who has Aura Cleansing and can cast quadruple the normal amount of spells. However, I'm not giving her the most powerful spells. In particular, I'm not giving her any good defensive spells like Mirror Image or Stoneskin. Currently her main offensive spell is Shocking Grasp.

Post edited by OlvynChuru on