Skip to content

Nimran Draws...

NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
So here's the thing: I was once told by an art teacher that my drawing skills are kinda garbage, which has caused me to drop the medium altogether for almost a decade now. That said, I think I would like to retry my hand at it. Why? Because I have all of this pent-up creativity and nowhere else to put it. That, and my artistic senses have been tingling ever since I started looking at some of the fine works of art here on the forum. It made me realize how much I miss the devotion to small details, holding my face barely an inch away from the drawing board as I sketched feverishly for hours, my hand growing bum over and over again, until finally my work was done. I know most people might consider that tedious and boring, but I remember enjoying it, at least until my drive was lost when that teacher said that I sucked. Anyway, I'll start this thread by posting two of my older works so you can see for yourselves what I had fun creating.

Comments

• NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Rest assured, I have not forgotten this! I have, in fact, been practicing since I made this thread, and maybe soon I'll be comfortable with showing some of my art to you all.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    To clarify...

I've been out and about taking pictures of places and things to use as references, as well as collecting posters and postcards, and when I have free time I sketch them on a sheet of drawing paper. It's been good practice, but my attempts rarely turn out well so far...

This is how I learned to draw in high school, so it shouldn't be much different from back then. I'm going to keep trying until I get it right. :smiley: