Skip to content

v2.2 Update - Release Notes Attached (BG:EE, Siege of Dragonspear, and BGII:EE)

1235»

Comments

• BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    :) that's protyping – first make it work, then make it look good.
    We are in phase 1 obviously.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    So everything is done? Only 27 bugs?
  • FalheimFalheim Member Posts: 8
    Can someone help me ? Now that the 2.2 version adds french voice of the original BG to the game, how can I play with english voices but still keeping french texts and menus ?
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    The 2.3 beta of BG1EE breaks a lot of languages because the dialog.tlk is missing. This file is missing for de_DE, es_ES, fr_FR, it_IT, ja_JP, pl_PL, pt_BR and tr_TR.
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    @Falheim From the main game folder, go to lang/fr_FR directory. Rename data and sound to something like data_fr and sound_fr. Restart the game, you'll have english voices.
    mf2112jackjackJuliusBorisov
  • FalheimFalheim Member Posts: 8
    @Isaya Wow, thank you, i doesn't understand why it works by renaming folders, but, it works.
    JuliusBorisov
  • LanJemWezzLanJemWezz Member Posts: 3
    I have a major problem with my automatic updating service through the game's launcher. Over ten times now, I've booted up the game and watched the update prepare to download, then download near to finishing before the download speed descends to nothing. The download never completes, and I'm unable to even play, let alone install the full update, it seems. "Waiting for download to start," it says again, as I type this. Is anyone else having this problem? My internet connection and computer are both operating just fine, so I can't imagine what else could be the problem. Would love to keep playing.…
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919

I have a major problem with my automatic updating service through the game's launcher. Over ten times now, I've booted up the game and watched the update prepare to download, then download near to finishing before the download speed descends to nothing. The download never completes, and I'm unable to even play, let alone install the full update, it seems. "Waiting for download to start," it says again, as I type this. Is anyone else having this problem? My internet connection and computer are both operating just fine, so I can't imagine what else could be the problem. Would love to keep playing.…

I ran into that same problem, try pausing the download, wait a few seconds, then resume.
    JuliusBorisov
  • KaliestoKaliesto Member Posts: 282
    mf2112 said:

LMTR14 said:

mf2112 said:

skini82 said:

Aedan said:

@skini82
    Unfortunately, there isn't. We can just hope that one day they will release a patch for DVD version as well, but I doubt it.

That's not good...
    I know they are continuing to look at this. I am not sure what the hold up is, maybe trying to get one or two more patches out so they can package all up into a big patch set to post as an .iso maybe?
    why an iso? why anything complicated? it's the same damn files. any modder can create a patch, and those jokers can't WHY?!?!?
    I don't have any special insight into it other than as a long time software support engineer IRL. I mentioned an .iso format since it can be easily burned to a DVD, or just right click it in Windows 10 and mount and it shows up as a new drive letter E: or F: or whatever. Also, patches which are planned to be mass distributed via DVD are always complicated and are never simple due to the absolutely pressing need to get it right. It is too expensive to make a mistake.

I don't think it is a technical issue, I think they are either waiting for one more patch so as to put out a very stable version on DVD for you folks, or maybe there is a legal issue with the company they contracted with to do the original DVD releases.

I don't believe for one second that Beamdog is trying to screw anyone over or intended to put you (or them!) into a position like this. Or that they would have let this drag out if the solution were really that simple. There is probably something else we are unaware of influencing this process.

Update: I would actually bet on them trying to get the updates right, especially for multiplayer. I was reading some threads in the troubleshooting forum last night and I think they have identified the main trigger for the multiplayer problems as containers, especially when held by characters in certain positions in the order. I don't see a public bug report filed for it yet but it seems that multiplayer is the last "big" bug in the system after 2.2 was released. There was still a few smaller issues but not too much left.

I'm just looking at my discs I got from DeepS***, and Raven's Fail, and wondering how much I just got screwed over by these guys. I'm regretting not buying directly from BeamDog for the SOD edition of BGEE. At this point I might as well wait for some Trilogy Edition for their EE games, and be done with it.

What upsets me more is that I've waited years to get back into this, and it's just one disappointment after another.
  • PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816
    Adul said:

argent77 said:

The paper tooltip doesn't look right yet (and there is no opening animation sequence):

New:

Original:

I like that there's something a bit more imaginative there than the black boxes of 2.0, but I agree that it could use some more work.

I also don't get the white text. (Ink is black.)
    I vastly prefer the black boxes.
  • LeokostaLeokosta Member Posts: 73
    Does anyone know why SHSforums.net is down ? Thank you.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Both http://www.gibberlings3.net/ and http://shsforums.net/ are down at the moment. The same happened last summer. I've already contacted @LiamEsler about it.
    Aduljackjack
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Hopefully they don't go the way of playithardcore.
    GreenWarlockjackjack
  • LeokostaLeokosta Member Posts: 73

Both http://www.gibberlings3.net/ and http://shsforums.net/ are down at the moment. The same happened last summer. I've already contacted @LiamEsler about it.

Thanks for the reply, friend. Lets just wait then
    JuliusBorisov
  • Smith777Smith777 Member Posts: 3
    Good update