Skip to content

[MOD] Dragonspear UI++ (v2.42)

Comments

• LeokostaLeokosta Member Posts: 73
    Sugestion for the next update:
    Incorporate as an optional choice, the a tweak to allow customization to all NPCs, not just Charname.
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/60501/tweak-allow-customization-for-all-characters#latest
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,175
    It's on the list.
    Leokosta
    One more little annoyance. On the pic, if I hover the cursor on the spells memorized, I dont get the popup description. The popup just shows on the Known Tab. It happens on both mage and priest windows.

P.S.: Hope you dont mind me pointing these little details. :*
    That was intentional, though I can't remember why anymore. It can be added easily.
    Leokosta
    Pecca said:

That was intentional, though I can't remember why anymore. It can be added easily.

Thanks for answering, friend. Last sugestion of the day: The Space bar can be used to continue the conversation, as does the ENTER key.
    That one would be no. :) I blocked the functionality on purpose because it was so annoying when I wanted to pause the game before certain dialogs trigger, and I didn't make it in time and instead advanced the triggered dialog. Grrr.
    That said, you can unlock it by searching the UI.menu file for "on space" line (it should be the 27776 row) and delete it.
    Mr2150jackjackLeokosta
    I understand, and really appreciate you giving me the instrunctions to turn this functionality back on. Already done it :D . Again, many thanks for all the attencion from you and @Mr2150 .
    Mr2150jackjack
  • Mr2150Mr2150 Member Posts: 1,170
    Escape still pushes the conversation on...
    jackjackLeokosta
    edited July 2016
    With the original UI.menu , pressing Space wont continue the conversation, like the exemple on the pic. Pressing Enter does so. With the changes you showed me, Space works :) .

Edit: Oh, Sorry ... I read Escape as Space. F**** beer :s
    Mr2150jackjack
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    edited July 2016
    Would it be possible to add a [Select All] button to the inventory at stores and containers, so you could quickly sell all items in your inventory, or store all items in your container, or is that beyond the capabilities of UI modding?

Likewise, in the store/container screen, would it be possible to select an entire stack, without having to doubleclick the stack and press the plus button a bunch of times?
    Some more tweaks of the store screen are on the list.
    jackjackLeokosta
    Cheers, looking forward to them!
    edited August 2016
    Hello. I just finnished renaming my portraits. Gonna upload 2 files as an example. It worked great, just one point: I had to unninstal all the mod, and instal again. If I just reinstal the portrait picker component, the portraits are nor reconized. I have a question/sugestion. Is it possible to add the arrow keys to work on the portrait selection ?
    Again, thank you.

edited August 2016
    Great stuff - I will let @Pecca comment on the setup WEIDU as I didn't put that together...

Unfortunately, none of the scrollable lists work with the arrow keys :( That kind of behaviour probably can be coded.
    Leokosta
    I noticed there's an option to have Quickloot enabled on default. Would it be possible to have Reveal Details enabled on default as well? Call me lazy, but I much rather have the game tell me where exactly any containers are, rather than me having to go look for them with the mouse, but anything that takes you away from the main screen disables it again, and afaik, you can't even give it a hotkey.

Also, it seems impossible to disable certain hotkeys, other than by assigning that hotkey to a different ability. Not a big problem, as I can just assign it to a highlevel spell that I don't use, but still...
    @Leokosta: The "Update Portrait Picker" WeiDU option works like that it updates an already existing M_BG.lua file (while the core component installation deletes it and creates a new one). The issue you encountered is that for the update to work, there needs to be at least one portrait, that remains the same (the core component create the file with one default line that is not used in the update component). I will update the description.

@Thels: I guess, not sure though. But you can give a hotkey to any button in UI.menu by adding " on 'x' " line to the button for example. So if you find the reveal details button (it's a 6578 line in a current UI.menu) and add a line at the top like this:
    button { on 'x' area 185 69 48 47 enabled "worldScreen == e:GetActiveEngine() and showJournal ~= 1 and JournalSize ~= UIStrings.UI_Small and sidebarsGreyed ~= 1" toggle highlightButtonToggle tooltip lua "Infinity_FetchString(32729)" clickable lua "sidebarsGreyed ~= 1" action
    It will trigger on pressing "x".

With disabling hotkeys, it works similarly. Add the line you want to disable to any element that has no action inside the same menu (that's how I disabled the spacebar in dialog - I assigned it to a background image).
    Mr2150Leokosta
  • beobeo Member Posts: 143
    Sometimes you get Journal updates inside of a dialog window.
    Not sure if that's intentional. It may create problem, like in the screenshot above.

Also there is no picture for journey to the Lycanthrope Island and back.

Description of options in UI Settings are not entirely visible and it's impossible to even scroll them, because they disappear when you don't hover over options.

@beo: thanks for the feedback, we'll look at it. You can enable the island images by searching the override for files "arrivea.bmp" and "leavea.bmp" and rename them to "arrive.bmp" and "leave.bmp". I made a mistake for some reason.
    Leokosta
    Pecca: Setting a hotkey for it definitely helped, thanks! Automatic on like Quickloot would still be awesome, but not sure if it's possible.
    Leokosta
  • onelasttry84onelasttry84 Member Posts: 52
    I really love this mod! When SoD first came out people were going on about the horrible UI but actually it never really bothered me. Still, this mod looked too appealing to pass on so I have used it since day 1. Now that I beat SoD and transferred to BGIIEE I simply can't go back to the old UI...especially the inventory screen makes me feel claustrophobic... any chance there'll be a similar mod for BGIIEE?
    smeagolheart
    It's in the plans, but don't wait for it. It will be quite some time.
    onelasttry84jackjack
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    Could be made to work with EET, since EET tweaks the SoD UI to extend it to the whole saga, maybe it could mean a lower amount of workload for this to work in EET?
    I guess eventually yes.
    edited August 2016
    I did a quick check of Dragonspear UI++ against EET and the main difference is some strings, text styles and obviously the start menu. There are some fundamental changes to the start menu (both UIs do a lot of stuff in the background in the start menu), however, it should be quite easy to adapt Dragonspear UI++ to make it EET compatible.
    Post edited by Mr2150 on
    jackjack
  • So_LoWSo_LoW Member Posts: 62
    @GrimLefourbe , @Mr2150

I don't know if you check G3 forums but K4thos posted about it here: http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=28164&page=2#entry245631
    PeccaMr2150
    I check it occasionally and had somehow missed it @So_LoW , so thanks for the heads-up :)
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    Ah I missed it too despite reading the G3 forums. Sounds pretty cool, k4thos is great.
    smeagolheart
  • nahschnahsch Member Posts: 1
    Great mod. Make one for BG2 :)
    FemShep
  • FemShepFemShep Member Posts: 22
    nahsch said:

Great mod. Make one for BG2 :)

I second that! :)
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    Any eta for EET compability? I would like to start fresh run, but don't want to do it without this mod.
    smeagolheart