Skip to content

[v2.8] Sirene, a tiefling paladin of Ilmater NPC for BG:EE and SoD

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Crossmod with Fade will come will the initial release of BG2-Sirene, but not Amber.
    Caszidy
  • Saber83Saber83 Member Posts: 94

Crossmod with Fade will come will the initial release of BG2-Sirene, but not Amber.

Yeah baby! :D . That would be excellent.
    edited July 2016
    v2.0.3 - Fixes 'rapid-fire' banter - now there should be a 20-minute (real time) pause between banters so they aren't going off one after the other. I recommend this one if you don't want constant bantering between Sirene and other NPCs.
    v2.0.4
    - Fixed a dialog error involving Thrix
    - Lovetalk timers now three in-game days and not real-time days (whoops...)
    - Fixed an error involving an improper number of innate abilities
    NOOOOOOO! The download link isn't working!
    @Saber83 Try again - should be fine now.
    @Artemius_I Thanks.
  • rashkaerashkae Member Posts: 179
    edited July 2016
    There is some kind of major bug with either Sirene or WeiDU. I suspect one way or the other this is a WeiDU problem, and Sirene just triggers it.

I tested this with a clean install of the game, and Sirene the only Mod installed, (Using the True Paladin kit option for both BG and SOD components.)

When the mod is *Uninstalled*, the dialogue file becomes corrupt, and pieces of Sierene dialogue instead get placed in the Weapon Proficients screen of Level up.

I discovered this bug because the past couple updates, I tried Uninstalling previous version of Sirene before installing update. The result has been a further messed up game.

If playing Sirene with multiple other mods, I suggest making a backup of game folder *before* installing this one. Uninstall by restoring that backup.
    @rashkae Hmm, that is bizarre - I've had to do a lot of uninstalling and reinstalling the mod over the course of updating it and I've never come across something remotely like what you're describing. It might be caused by the kit change component but it wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary before. Can you try installing the mod on a clean game without using that component and seeing if it messes things up?
    Cleaned up the front page a little bit and added information on SoD content. I may work on capturing some up-to-date screenshots for completion's sake but that'll have to wait. This mod is no longer in beta stage as I think I've caught all the major bugs and have ensured that it works fully as intended.
    Caszidy
    So, onward to BG2 then?
    Caszidyredline
    edited July 2016
    I tested a clean install without using any of the kit Mods, and the same problem re-occured. Uninstalling Sirene corrupts the game... (which so far, I've only seen on the level up screen where you choose new weapon proficiencies.)
    Okay, I did a bit of further testing. The file that is getting messed up is the override\weapprof.2da file.

However, here's the really interesting part. If I delete (or restore) that file after Uninstalling Sirene mod, it fixes it permanently. I can re-install, uninstall, reinstall Sirene with no further problems.. The problem only seems to trigger if I install/uninstall Sirene in a clean game that had not had kit mods installed before.
    Foudn it!!!

Your download package has a pre-populated backup folder!
    edited July 2016
    @rashkae AAHHH WHY

I THOUGHT I REMEMBERED TO DELETE THOSE

BRB FIXING NOW

Edit: Okay, fixed it. F*** me. Several years of learning modding now and still made an amateur mistake.
    It's something that should have been fixed in WeiDu ages ago, if you ask me.. installing a not previously installed MOD and there's stuff in the backup folder should be an 'abort' condition! It's a relatively simple error, but it totally screws over your game.

PS. My apologies to forum mods for the triple post.. that was thoughtless of me.
    edited July 2016
    Sirene is now available for download at Spellhold Studios. I've also updated the description for her personality on the main page to better reflect her character.
    Post edited by TheArtisan on
  • switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
    edited July 2016
    @Artemius_I there is a bug in BDSDD304.baf - you can't leave NextTriggerObject("C0Sirene") without using another trigger right after it. WeiDU messes up this whole script. NextTriggerObject is pretty much the same thing as ActionOverride, just for triggers.
    @swit Got it. I'm not in a position to test things atm but I believe that line can be removed and it will work fine, correct? I'll update the latest version in a second.
  • switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
    @Artemius_I yes, you can delete it since it doesn't do anything at the moment other than breaking script when weidu tries to decompile it. This trigger simply says: "next trigger should run on C0Sirene" but the code is missing that next trigger. It's the same situation as using ActionOverride("C0Sirene",) - you know, nothing after comma.
  • grox321grox321 Member Posts: 2
    hey, first i want to say that this looks realy good it is good to have a companion that can join you in all parts of the saga unfortunately I can not install the mod, I receive this error

[C:\Program Files\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\Setup-Sirene.exe] WeiDU versi
    on 23900
    Using Language [English]

Using .\lang\es_es\dialog.tlk and .\lang\es_es\dialogF.tlk

The SIRENE/SETUP-SIRENE.TP2 mod has 6 distinct optional components.
    To save time, you can choose what to do with them at a high level rather
    than being asked about each one.

What should be done with all components that are NOT YET installed?
    [I]nstall them, [S]kip them, [A]sk about each one? a

Install Component [Sirene NPC for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition]?
    [I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit? i

Installing [Sirene NPC for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition]
    Copying 1 file ...
    Copying 1 file ...
    Copying 1 file ...
    Copying 1 file ...
    Adding C0ILM Kit ...
    Appending to files ...
    Appending to files column-wise ...
    Appending to files ...
    Appending to files ...
    Appending to files ...
    Appending to files ...
    Copying 1 file ...
    Appending to files ...
    Appending to files ...
    Appending to files ...
    Appending to files ...
    Appending to files ...
    Copying and patching 2 files ...
    Copying and patching 1 file ...
    Appending to files ...
    Copying and patching 2 files ...
    Added C0ILM Kit

Doing EE-type kit extensions for kit C0ILM
    Appending to files ...
    Appending to files ...
    Appending to files ...
    Appending to files ...
    Appending to files ...
    Extending game scripts ...
    Appending to files ...
    Compiling 5 dialogue files and 4 scripts ...

[Sirene/Scripts/C0Sirene.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 23 column 1-35
    Near Text: )
    [ChangeStat] not found in ACTION.IDS

[Sirene/Scripts/C0Sirene.baf] ERROR at line 23 column 1-35
    Near Text: )
    Parsing.Parse_error
    ERROR: parsing [Sirene/Scripts/C0Sirene.baf]: Parsing.Parse_error
    ERROR: error compiling [Sirene/Scripts/C0Sirene.baf]: Parsing.Parse_error
    ERROR: compiling [Sirene/Scripts/C0Sirene.baf]!
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Sirene NPC for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition], rolling back
    to previous state
    Will uninstall 63 files for [SIRENE/SETUP-SIRENE.TP2] component 0.
    Uninstalled 63 files for [SIRENE/SETUP-SIRENE.TP2] component 0.
    ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error
    PLEASE email the file SETUP-SIRENE.DEBUG to Artemius_I
    Using Language [English]

Install Component [Sirene NPC for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition]?
    [I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?
    @grox321 Hmm... can I ask what version of the game you're playing, and whether you have SoD? Because I believe the issue originates from a new action which was added by a newer version of the game, and may not be recognized on pre-2.0 games. If this is the case you'll need to use version 1.5 of the mod instead.
  • grox321grox321 Member Posts: 2
    due to a problem with the hard drive I had to reinstall the game back to version 1.3, after updating with SOD I could install without problems
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    I'm very much enjoying Sirene at the moment. However, I've had 2 issues recently, one of her banters fired with Dynaheir (something about Rashemites) but it stopped after the first piece of dialogue.

Second, she's now stuttering, i'm in the coalition camp.
    @GrimLefourbe Ick. I think I know what's causing the issue with Dynaheir - I'll add it to the next update but it's pretty harmless.

I can't say what's causing the stutter since there's so many things that could be causing it. I've gone though the coalition camp without trouble - can you specify when exactly it started? Also I might have a better idea if you show me global variables via EEKeeper - the SoD component uses the 'C02' prefix so giving me all the variables under that prefix might help.
    GrimLefourbe
    edited September 2016
    I'd give a save but i'm using EET, so here's a screenshot of the variables. Thank you for the quick answer !

By the way, it's awesome how Sirene has mini quests in the Camp, I can't remember of another npc mods doing mini quests like this and it's super cool!
    @GrimLefourbe

I have a suspicion on what's causing the problem, but I'm not certain... try setting "C02SireneLT" to 12 (possibly force-talking her if that does nothing) and see what happens.
    I changed the variable to 12, loaded, she was still stuttering. I then force talked her which led to a lovetalk about hephernaan's true identity(I haven't gone to the underwater river yet) and she's still stuttering afterwards. Looks like it's something else.

By the way :p I think there's a typo in the 3rd answer to the 12th lovetalk.

I'm guessing it should probably be "stay" instead of "say".
    @GrimLefourbe

Okay, that's not right. That's supposed to be right before diving into the Avernus portal. Nothing seems to be sticking out with your variables either... can you find an old save before the stuttering occurred to try and figure out when it starts?

Noted typo.
    edited September 2016
    I actually don't have a save that goes back to just before it, I messed up and didn't realize I was using an autosave. I'll go back and try to reproduce it again after writing this.

Arriving in chapter 10, I talked to almost everyone in the camp, did a few quests in the area, went to Dead Man's pass.
    I had the encounter with the demon and killed him then I left the map and went to Bloodbark's grove, cleared the area. No stutter to that point, from there I go to the coalition camp and stutter starts.

This is all from memory so I might have forgot a few things, i'm on trying to reproduce right now.