Skip to content

[NPC MOD] Sheena - The Half Dragon Tale

EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
edited January 2018 in BGII:EE Mods
Sheena - The Half Dragon Tale

Sheena's story begins in Firkraag's lair at level 8-10 in a prison cell next to Garren's child. Sheena is a neutral good half red dragon multiclass Fighter / Wizard. Her half dragon form is hidden most of the time (cities, forests...) to balance the game. Sheena is limited to two handed swords, quarterstaffs, halberds and darts (an animation limitation). Sheena's strength and constitution can not be raised by any item (potions and spells do work). Sheena has extensive banters with all Bioware NPCs, numerous interjections and a friendship path available to both male and female PCs. Sheena's flirts are available to male PCs of good and neutral alignment. She has also a small romance path (TOB like), which triggers if other romances are not active, you are through with the friendship talks and your character is of neutral or good alignment. Sheena leaves for good if is kicked out from your party.

Race: Human/Dragon

STR: 16
DEX:12
CON: 16
INT: 15
WIS: 10
CHA: 15

- Infravision
- 50% fire resistance
- Half dragon form
- Half dragon breath ability useable once per day
- Slightly faster movement speed to speed up the half dragon animation

Half dragon form: + 4 STR, +2 CON, +4 AC (lizard scale bonus), 100% fire resistance, immune to paralysis as any large creature would and immune to mind spells (charm, confusion and stun). This is the standard half dragon template.

Languages: English, French, Spanish

What needs to be done:

- New better HD portrait
- Extended romance (Right now is romance only in SoA)
- Few more special items
- Czech translation
- Personal Q ?

Additional informations:

- The current version does not work well with vanilla BG or old versions of EE, you must use a game that has a current patches. I will try to fix this problem in the future releases of my mod.

Actual version - V2.5
Link - https://www.dropbox.com/s/psvxbupszf39i4s/Sheena_v2.5.zip?dl=0

P.S.
I really tried to contact Red Knight the original author, but all websites are dead and all profiles and emails are canceled.
I hope he will not mind that I took over his mod.
Post edited by Edvin on
mf2112CaszidyKokocudaciGraoumfMateoFrozenmashedtaterselminsterZaghoulFina92junyangchejoshua15502

Comments

• ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    great to hear this was released. Two questions:

1) Are you going to complete the ToB portion of the mod?

2) What do you mean that the romance is going to start only if Mazzy is on the party? Is she going to romance mazzy?
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    @Arthas

1) Yes
    2) Sheena is very indecisive in terms of building relationships. After a certain time (It emerges from a conversation) is necessary take Mazzy on the party. These two will have a little chat, and that allow continuation of romance. (Truth be told, I dont like it. This is one of the first things I want to change.)
  • MateoFrozenMateoFrozen Member Posts: 82
    Thanks for picking that one, you want completely change portrait of human form? Since i have this one but better version i share anyway, its 256x398.
    s10.ifotos.pl/img/woman-53p_apwnqqs.png
    Edvin
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,678
    I believe she should have a portrait that would blend in with other BG2 portraits. Plus, I think there amy be some artists who would help you and prepare something brand new just for the project. I think people actually liked the mod quite much.
    Caszidy
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    I'm glad to see it's working with BG2:EE. Maybe my next playthrough will include her :)

Thanks for picking that one, you want completely change portrait of human form? Since i have this one but better version i share anyway, its 256x398.
    s10.ifotos.pl/img/woman-53p_apwnqqs.png

Thank you very much !
    I already contacted the best-known BG portraits artist, but if she refuses, this is the second best option.
    New portrait :)
    (It is not yet completely finished, her cleavage still need some adjustments.)

Today should have been released date, but I spent too much time creating a new portrait.
    I'm afraid I need one more day.
    First official release, playable from beginning to the end !

My first goal will be minor changes and improvements.
    Next step will be content for ToB.

P.S.
    Although is romance only in SoA it does not mean that is not finished.
    You can enjoy full romance including "special" reward. ;)
    MateoFrozen
    Edvin said:

First official release, playable from beginning to the end !

:s Not fast enought, but "my" fantasy portrait collection is to vast, and serching anything is hell.

http://s10.ifotos.pl/img/dqjpg_apwqeen.jpg

Edvin
    edited August 2016
    @MateoFrozen
    How were you able to find the originals of those pictures? I searched for them for hours...
    Anyway, I owe you again.

Version V2.1 specially because of you. ;)
    Post edited by Edvin on
    MateoFrozen
    @Edvin
    Same here but i was looking them on my hard disc, since i have some aberration about pictrues that would make a good portrait for BG. For me it's interesing mod and i'm happy that you picked it. One hour less on portrait is one hour more on writing story >:)
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    @Edvin Is the mod compatible with the not EE game?
  • switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
    @gorgonzola
    It's not compatible with BG2:EE:
    - it doesn't use HANDLE_CHARSETS but have French and Spanish language files encode it ANSI - this means it will crush the game if you install those languages
    - it doesn't use ADD_JOURNAL (although not even weidu supports patch 2.x journal yet but still)
    - it overwrites mno1 animation instead of using EE new animation system and simply add new one (if it doesn't exist already) which means some creatures may use wrong animation (probably not on vanilla game but with mods for sure)

There may be more problems since this is a report based only on brief look.
    Edvin
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    @swit Tank you for the answer, so I will try it when I'll finally move to EE.
    swit said:

@gorgonzola
    It's not compatible with BG2:EE:
    - it doesn't use HANDLE_CHARSETS but have French and Spanish language files encode it ANSI - this means it will crush the game if you install those languages
    - it doesn't use ADD_JOURNAL (although not even weidu supports patch 2.x journal yet but still)
    - it overwrites mno1 animation instead of using EE new animation system and simply add new one (if it doesn't exist already) which means some creatures may use wrong animation (probably not on vanilla game but with mods for sure)

There may be more problems since this is a report based only on brief look.

He is right.

I did not do a proper test for French and Spanish language. My bad. :(
    Regarding the problem with animation, it was a problem even in vanila game.
    And I admit that it could cause a conflict with some other mods.
    I am already working to correct both problems.

Problem with journal is not a problem, because mod (at least not yet) does not contain any journal entries. ;)
    gorgonzola
    Uhm... not sure if you know, but SoD has the half-dragon animations. Just copy those bams from SoD to BG2 and use their animations (the list of animation is extended for all EE games and they use the same resource names, sooo... yeah, it's a matter of copy./paste)
    Edvin

Uhm... not sure if you know, but SoD has the half-dragon animations. Just copy those bams from SoD to BG2 and use their animations (the list of animation is extended for all EE games and they use the same resource names, sooo... yeah, it's a matter of copy./paste)

I did not know that, but it definitely makes my job easier.
    Thank you very much for the information!
    No problem :) Found out myself when I was working on my project. You just need to check which bams "build" the specific animation :)
    Version 2.2 is complete!

All the mentioned problems have been fixed.
    Mod is now 100% compatible with BG2EE.
    Additionally, Sheena now has her own special armor.

Great thanks @swit and @LavaDelVortel
    gorgonzolaCaszidyelminsterlolien
  • switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
    edited August 2016
    There are still bugs there (English tra file encoded in ANSI and overwriting EE ids files with vanilla BG2 ones - this will completely break the game if you leave it like that). Check out PM for more details.
  • GraoumfGraoumf Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 312
    I didn't see the iconv directory, so I guess that foreign languages won't work.
    Version 2.3

I fixed new bugs and a couple of old.
    The greatest credit goes to @swit
    Caszidylolien
  • GraoumfGraoumf Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 312
    I didn't look well: converted all .tra files in UTF-8.
    That is to say that your version of the mod won't work with the vanilla game (for foreign languages at least).

If you want that your version is fully compatible with both BG2 and BG2EE, I guess you should use HANDLE_CHARSETS function and iconv directory.
    Graoumf said:

If you want that your version is fully compatible with both BG2 and BG2EE, I guess you should use HANDLE_CHARSETS function and iconv directory.

Full compatibility with vanilla BG2 never been my goal.
    With changes which I plan it will soon won't be possible.
    (Perhaps it might be possible, but the technical side would be too complicated.)
    Graoumf
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    is she a punk rocker no-o-o-o-oow?
    BillyYankCrevsDaak
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    simples said:

is she a punk rocker no-o-o-o-oow?

Every time I read this thread, I hear:
    Sheena is - a half dragon
    Sheeeena is - a half dragon
    Sheena is - a half dragon no-o-o-oow!
    CrevsDaak
    @simples , @BillyYank
    Maybe it's language barrier, but I have no idea what you guys are talking about :D
    gorgonzola
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    It's not the language barrier, it's an obscure pop culture reference

Ramones - Sheena is a Punk Rocker

EdvinGrammarsaladCrevsDaak
  • 01Hydrogen01Hydrogen Member Posts: 6
    I found a visual bug. When Sheena shifts into a half dragon, she will shift into something else, which looks like a big mushroom. My BGII:EE version is 1.3 ( iOS version ).
    lolien

I found a visual bug. When Sheena shifts into a half dragon, she will shift into something else, which looks like a big mushroom. My BGII:EE version is 1.3 ( iOS version ).

This may be a collision with other mods or insufficient content in version 1.3
    (I'm not sure when was added half dragon model)