Skip to content

I was wondering if for a no-reload run it would be classified as cheating + questions

> Using rolls I was able to achieve when I was a kid (108 for paladins; 104 for fighters on BG2).

> What if I rolled those with an autoreroller? Would that still be considered cheating?

> Are weird dual classes not allowed by normal BG (e.g barbarian\druid) cheating?

> What about roleplaying? Would a barbarian casting spells while under rage be realistic? What if it was a berserker?

> what if these weird dual classes have really hard stats to be asked? Would you mind cheating stats anyway?

> Is there any rule you use\you would plan to offset the cheating part on the stats? For example, play no reload AND hard difficulty AND finish the game under 100 days?

Comments

• GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Aye I did a no reload RP run. It went well in BG1 and led to my character's horrible death really early in BG2. Level drain vs a brave and stubborn dwarf equals heroic death, unfortunately. Making yourself RP is, as semiticgod says, hard. No reload runs go best with pure metagaming.

He also raises a great point about stats. Mechanically speaking, the difference between cha3 and 18 means almost nothing. Just a ring swap in BG2. And yes, most no reload runs end in death. So don't go out of your way to make life harder.
    ArthaslolienJuliusBorisovsemiticgoddess
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Yup he is not totally wrong if relating to a vanilla Baldur's gate.

There is a component inside the mod 'scales of balance' that makes each stat worth it. Take a look at it. I think that given this mod, using 108 as start would be a huge cheating deal. :)
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    You can cheat however you want, and in fact I encourage you to cheat in ways that would make a no-reload playthrough more interesting. The only thing to remember is that if you cheat in a way that will make the playthrough extremely easy (like making your character immune to all status effects), then it will be less interesting for us to read about. I don't think that giving a character 18 in all stats would make the playthrough too easy. In BG1, even a character with 25 in all stats can be killed easily if they get hit by Hold Person.
  • BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
    Play the no reload in the way you will enjoy most. Trust me, untimely death can drive you mad with no reloads so don't be too hard on yourself on the point of "cheating" as the computer cheats too ^^.
    How the computer cheats? Some of the bosses will be far harder to kill if you do it at a higher level than lower levels, especially those oversized "Lizards". They will even match your movement rate if you do those quests at level 40 for example and compromise your kiting tactis
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    My favorite way to cheat in no-reload runs is to reload.
    BubblessemiticgoddessArthas
  • BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
    @joluv
    My favorite is to put a 10apr projectile with my Charname ^^