Skip to content

[MOD] BGII:EE - Unofficial Item Pack

Comments

• comebackhomecomebackhome Member Posts: 254
    Could I request Voidhammer +3? This weapon is a FANTASTIC War-hammer to say the least!
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    edited July 2016
    Voidhammer +3 is allready in game :smile:
    In Bodhi's Lair.
    Post edited by Edvin on
    Hmm, maybe I should add also couple of items from the IWD...
    rorikonCaszidy
  • rorikonrorikon Member Posts: 105
    If you're taking requests for Icewind Dale items I'd nominate the Messenger of Sseth, which is basically the longbow equivalent of the Tuigan Bow from BG2 (3 attacks per round).

I always thought longbows seemed unnecessarily weak in that game compared to shortbows, and this would at least help balance that out.
    ameliaboggins
  • ameliabogginsameliaboggins Member Posts: 287
    `I think the ideal would be to have an option for full playthrough and an option for adding the items on top of an ongoing playthrough. The magic lamp would exist in both options but would have all the new items in the second one, compared to a select few in the first option. `

this...
  • stewelementstewelement Member Posts: 51
    Hello Edvin,

Thank you for making this mod. I wanted to let you know that the Stalker's gauntlets do not appear to be adding the backstab multiplier appropriately. When I have Valygar equip them, the hide in shadows and dexterity boost are applied, but his multiplier remains at 3 (level 11 Stalker). When I initiate a backstab, it's a 3x modifier. I'm not versed enough at Near Infinity to really dig into the problem, but it appears to be referencing an effect that may not actually be there.

Also, if possible, please consider the Headband of Focus from SoD in upcoming versions of the mod. Neo requested this a few weeks ago and I'd like to second it.

Thank you!
    @stewelement
    Thanks for support.

Yes, Stalker's gauntlets are really problematic. Soon there will be new versions mode.
    And yes, you can expect Headband of Focus (and few more items).
  • cbarchukcbarchuk Member Posts: 322
    Hey Edvin, just wondering if the Stalker Gauntlets have been fixed yet?
  • Leclaire1Leclaire1 Member Posts: 1
    This seems really great! Thanks for all of the hard work. Out of curiosity, is there any chance that the Cloak of Balduran might make it's way to Athkatla?
    Edvin
    edited August 2016
    Newest version will be ready in few days.
    You can expect things like:

- Key ring
    - Cloak of Balduran
    - Headband of Focus
    - The Hourglass of Time
    - Bracers of the blinding strike (for Drizzt)
    - Ring of superior arcane clumsiness

And maybe a few more things. ;)
    Post edited by Edvin on
    MateoFrozen
  • MateoFrozenMateoFrozen Member Posts: 82
    @Edvin
    Hey could you make Helm of Opposite Alignment to appear in Amn.

@Edvin
    Hey could you make Helm of Opposite Alignment to appear in Amn.

Yes, and I also add Girdle of Femininity/Masculinity as a bonus :smile:
    MateoFrozen
    Edvin,

I have been watching this thread like a hawk and I've seen your sneaky edits!
    Can you give some more info on the next version, such as, are you including the genie vendor you discussed? And more importantly(in my case anyway), will the new version require starting a new game for?

Thank you!
    edited September 2016
    @stewelement
    Unfortunately I'm not at home as often as I would have liked, so there was a little delay.
    Script for cromwell is incredibly complex and I'm still working on problem with Stalker Gauntlets.
    (I'm beginning to think it may be a problem in the game, because gauntlets are 100% replica from SoD.)

But most things for the next version is ready.

Will the new version require starting a new game for?

Answer to this question is somewhere between yes and no.
    Game has a very long memory and will not allow any changes to things you already discovered.

Can you give some more info on the next version, such as, are you including the genie vendor you discussed?

Next version will include seven new items and one "new" hidden boss fight.
    Reward can be a little bit OP, but if you are able to kill her, you deserve it.
    And she will be really tough. B)

I know that I'll regret, but I promise that the next version will be finished by the end of this month.

Edited: Kids, don’t promise what you can’t deliver.
    Post edited by Edvin on
    Thanks for the reply. I will summon a new copy of Ribald if necessary, so no worries there. Looking forward to the update.
  • evildevil97evildevil97 Member Posts: 93

Thanks for the reply. I will summon a new copy of Ribald if necessary, so no worries there. Looking forward to the update.

Don't think summoning a second Ribald will help. I believe it would load the same store.
    rorikonEdvin
    Yes, you're right, I should have reread the earlier posts in this thread. Well, looks like I'll start a new game after all.
    Sorry for the delay, I went on an unplanned vacation.

I returned just a few hours ago, but I've already completed 95% work for the new update.
    I need to have done just a little test and adjust new boss fight.

So new version will be released tomorrow.

- Key ring
    - Cloak of Balduran
    - Hourglass of Gond
    - Headband of Focus
    - Helm of Opposite Alignment
    - Girdle of Femininity/Masculinity
    + New boss fight
    MateoFrozenmf2112ALIEN
    Thanks Edvin. Really enjoyed the new items, I'll be trying this out in a new game for sure.
    edited September 2016
    Muhehehehe. >:)

New boss fight is finally completed to my satisfaction.
    I wonder if anyone will be able to actually kill him.

Your reward will be Hourglass of Gond VERY powerful magical item.

BUT

This boss is a bit hidden and very easily missable.
    And I will not tell you where is he/she/it. :)

P.S.
    That was really fun.
    Perhaps in the future, I can create couple of completely new monsters which will drop some my new items.
    mf2112ineth
    edited September 2016
    Version 2.6:

Problems with Stalker Gauntlets and Nimblefinger Gloves are fixed :)

- Key ring
    - Cloak of Balduran
    - Hourglass of Gond
    - Headband of Focus
    - Helm of Opposite Alignment
    - Girdle of Femininity/Masculinity
    + New boss fight

Previews on the first page

P.S.
    Let me give you a hint about location Hourglass of Gond:
    Read item description very carefully. ;)
    (I want to hear people who will complain how difficult this boss is. >:) )
    Post edited by Edvin on
    mf2112
    Thanks for this Edvin. Can't wait to try it out!
    Is there any native speaker who can check new English texts in my items?
    I dare say that my English is pretty decent, but there may be a mistake or two.
    (You just need to read the descriptions on the first page of this topic.)
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    edited September 2016
    Here are a few I got in before my wife makes us go out for our Sunday hike. :) I started from the bottom in case someone else was working from the top down. I just added the bits indicated, everything else you had typed in for these items was just fine. If I didn't include an item in this list, then I didn't see any problem with it from your list, again from bottom to top. Your english is excellent, much better than my [any other language here]. :D

Edit: I think I got through them all. :) So it ended up in the right order.

Mask of King Strohm III
    The mask allows the wearer to see things as they really are.

Symbol of Amaunator
    It still contains remnants of the lost power of the god of the sun, which can be used to generate Sunray once per day.

Keepsake Locket
    If Jaheira wears the locket around her neck, then she looks much more relaxed.

Shadow Dragon Wardstone
    If it is used as an ioun stone, shadow entirely covers the wearer and protects from attacks from even the most ferocious shadow creatures.

Kurtulmak's Crystal Shard
    Kurtulmak's should be Kurtulmak

Deirex' Gems
    A truly evil person could try to suck out the vitality of the imprisoned drow warriors.

Talisman of the Hearthfire
    Gripping this talisman tightly will cause the user to be immediately whisked away via magical means to a predefined location. This particular Talisman of the Hearthfire has been constructed to bring the user to a hidden forest refuge within Amn.
    Wild Magic provides much more power than is needed, so the talisman can be used even for fast transfers over short distances.

Kuo-Toa's Blood
    If it is consumed, the user will receive part of the dexterity of a kuo-toa.

Elder Brain Blood
    If it is consumed, the user will receive part of the intelligence of an elder brain.

Eyestalk of an Elder Orb
    If it is consumed, the user will receive part of the wisdom of an elder orb.

Guenhwyvar's Figurine
    cause should be causes

Hourglass of Gond
    These magical hourglasses are considered as some of Gond's most powerful artifacts. Once per day, it is possible to use their hidden powers and temporarily stop time. This hourglass has long been in the possession of the Cowled Wizards who studied its power.
    Post edited by mf2112 on
    Edvin
    @mf2112
    Thank you very much!

It is not that I did not know where use A, AN or THE.
    But I usually forget about it, or I'm too lazy. o:)
    mf2112
  • osmosysosmosys Member Posts: 3
    First of all... Edvin, thaks a lot for the mod. That is what I was waiting for years. It's Great!
    I am not using the first component of the mod as I prefer Item Upgrade for some items like Symbol of Amaunator etc. But anyway rest of the components are super.

Regarding the Hourglass of Gond.
    Ok, I killed her. That was a very tough battle. There were 10-15 attempts. I am in Chapter 3 - ready to leave for Brynlaw.
    I assume in Chapter 3 it is almost impossible to beat her without using either traps or(and) scroll of Protection from Magic.
    I took her down using two characters. Char (sorcerer) + Minsc.
    Minsс was under the Protection from Magic scroll. Sorc was using True Sight and Breach all the time. I also casted Protection from Elements and Protection from Magical Energy on Char before the battle.
    And activated the battle with the Spell Immunity spell on Char (to be protected from Imprisonment).

Anyway she is tough so as I told it took many attempts.

Thanks!
    Edvingorgonzola
    edited September 2016
    osmosys said:

I am not using the first component of the mod as I prefer Item Upgrade for some items like Symbol of Amaunator etc. But anyway rest of the components are super.

My mod is fully compatible with Item Upgrade mod.
    If you want, you can absolutely safely use both.
    osmosys
    Edvin said:

My mod is fully compatible with Item Upgrade mod.
    If you want, you can absolutely safely use both.

Ok. Thanks for the info.
    I also usually use Unfinished Business. There is one quest Kidnapping of Boo. So Boo disappear from the slot and then returned after the quest is finished. Will it be the same Boo? :smile:
    I mean whether Boo will have a possibility to smell Evil or not...
    I have a proposal. As soon as You are changing some items abilities maybe there could be another installation optional part.
    For instance, Firecam Plate, Ring of Free Action and Flail of Ages+5 free action ability prevents from being hasted. And I remember there was a mod long time ago that was fixing that. However it is not supported anymore as I understand since the release of the EE.
    There was also a pack of the items that were changed a bit (like Greenstone amulet was changed from charge ability to equip ability etc.)

Don't know whether it could be interesting for anybody. But I would like to have that :)

P.S.: In the starting post in Your description of the Cloak of Balduran there is a Guenhwyvar's Figurine description screen shot.
    Caszidy
    edited September 2016
    osmosys said:

For instance, Firecam Plate, Ring of Free Action and Flail of Ages+5 free action ability prevents from being hasted. And I remember there was a mod long time ago that was fixing that. However it is not supported anymore as I understand since the release of the EE.
    There was also a pack of the items that were changed a bit (like Greenstone amulet was changed from charge ability to equip ability etc.)

Yes, something like that is primitively simple.
    Give me day or two.
    osmosys said:

I also usually use Unfinished Business. There is one quest Kidnapping of Boo. So Boo disappear from the slot and then returned after the quest is finished. Will it be the same Boo? :smile:
    I mean whether Boo will have a possibility to smell Evil or not...

My mod has problem only with mods which changes the same things as my mod.
    So you can not have two mods, which alter properties of the same item.
    Moving with items, or using them as the construction material is without problems.
    So yes, UB is without problems.
    osmosysCaszidy