Skip to content

Greetings, fellow adventurers!

Hi, I just joined up and I wanted to introduce myself.
My name is Peter, and I have been playing DnD since 1982.
Once I started playing Baldur's Gate, I was hooked. I played BG1, BG2, and Icewind Dale 1 and 2.
DnD has had a major influence in my life.

Greetings!
RavenslightJuliusBorisov10Bazza11mf2112sparkleavDJKajuruGenderNihilismGirdleAerakar

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I believe "stay a while and listen" comes from another game :)
    Ravenslightmf2112JuliusBorisovGenderNihilismGirdle
  • 10Bazza1110Bazza11 Member Posts: 169
    My first adventure was Insearch of the Unknown and I played a Half Orc Fighter called Ufftack. He got swallowed by a bag of devouring. I nearly cried until the DM said I could roll another character. Good times.....
    JuliusBorisovGenderNihilismGirdleRavenslight
  • sparkleavsparkleav Member Posts: 871
    Hi, welcome to the community Peter :)
    JuliusBorisovGenderNihilismGirdleRavenslightAerakar
  • GenderNihilismGirdleGenderNihilismGirdle Member Posts: 1,353
    Glad to have you on board here at the...uh...boards! Enjoy your stay, we're all nerds here.
    RavenslightAerakarJuliusBorisov
  • BrittanyD2BrittanyD2 Member Posts: 1
    Anyone know how I can get into contact with David Gaider? I have been trying to track down his media, but since he moved from bioware to this franchise, I cant seem to find contact info for him! I need to have some of my questions answered so I can make a great fandom of my dragon age 2 character!
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919

Anyone know how I can get into contact with David Gaider? I have been trying to track down his media, but since he moved from bioware to this franchise, I cant seem to find contact info for him! I need to have some of my questions answered so I can make a great fandom of my dragon age 2 character!

He has been posting here in these forums, David_Gaider . You could try sending him a message but he has been more than a little busy lately. :)
    JuliusBorisov
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,015
    @SirBundlesofJoy_1912 welcome! I also started playing D&D around 1982. Keep on the Borderlands was also one of the first modules we ran through. IIRC, I played a simple fighter named Gawaine who later became a sea captain. Fun times.

1982 must have been a portentous year in the realms!
    JuliusBorisovGenderNihilismGirdle
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Welcome! I too really love the name you've chosen.
    JuliusBorisovGenderNihilismGirdleAerakar
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768

He's been pretty active in this thread lately:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/60003/david-gaider-needs-a-list#latest
  • SchmaehgolSchmaehgol Member Posts: 9
    Hi SirBundlesOfJoy_1912,
    I started playing D&D just a little before you in 1981, working a high school job at a hobby store in the mall when we got our first delivery of merchandise from a little known (at the time) company named TSR. Me and my coworker buddy pored through the 1st ed. AD&D books and rolled up dwarven fighter brothers, with the very creative names of Sméagol and Utol. His older brother in college then ran us through a self-created world, which was awesome. Our group grew to include our best high school friends and we kept the role playing going through college with modules and even after we went our separate ways via email in the 90s. I played all the SSI games back in the 90s and quite a bit of FRUA, too. Then came family and kids just when original BG and IWD came out, so I had to catch up only recently the past couple of years. I just finished the full original Bhaalspawn saga last week, finally, and now am turning to IWD:EE on the iPad, and playing multiplayer with my son, too. Like you, D&D has been a major influence in my life and some of my fondest memories come from those Friday evening sessions dropping the dragon dice on the hardwood dining room table and waiting with bated breath for the DM to knock over the lead figurine of whatever monster we were fighting with his pencil before wailing out "cleeeerrriiiiccc!".
    Sorry for the length - somebody please throw a silence 15' radius on me, and I promise I won't save.
    AerakarSkatan
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    Welcome!