Skip to content

Ascension v1.5 BETA - Enhanced Edition Release UPDATED 6/8/2016 - SCS Fix located on Page 2!

Comments

• SyrophirSyrophir Member Posts: 12
    edited July 2016
    Just noticed the take damage issue after reverting back from the Ravager form today.

Are these fixes you mentioned a few posts earlier already uploaded somewhere?

(For now I have replaced SPIN718.spl override with the one from https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/41418/ascension-in-bg2ee-guide-and-fixes/p1 )

Edit: Holy poop it works..

Opened SPIN718.SPL in Nearinfinity -> added 3 more rows after "remove effects by resource" for SPIN823.SPL but those with resource SLAYER2.SPL, SLAYER3.SPL and SLAYER4.SPL.

No more issues!

Post edited by Syrophir on
    HP.PNG 65.8K
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    I am deeply sorry to hear about your friend. :(
    jackjackJuliusBorisovwubble
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Deepest condolences for your loss.
    JuliusBorisovwubble
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    @JediMindTrix
    Well, it's really unpleasant...
    Thank you for all your work.

I was waiting for the final version, so do not know in what condition is Ascension right now.
    If we skip all new optional components, which are not crucially important, what is missing to finish?
    I'm only amateur moder, but I'll do what I can to keep this mod alive.
    wubble
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Wow, I'm so sorry :( That is just horrible and I hope you are okay!
    JuliusBorisovwubble
  • DyaraDyara Member Posts: 25
    edited July 2016
    @JediMindTrix
    I'm very sorry about your loss :( .

At whoever continues your great work
    Bug report: pool1 at the Throne of Bhaal is supposed to make you immune to death effects but it doesn't because there's something wrong with the pool1a.spl file.

1. it contains only immunity to effect 'slay' (55)
    2. the target is set to 'self' (1) but should be 'preset target' (2)
    3. display portrait icon (Death Ward) and modify script state also have their target wrongly set to 'self'

Actually I'm playing the BP version of Ascension as I didn't knew that there was another EE compatible version but pool1a.spl looks very much the same in the BP version and in ascensionBETAv1506082016.7z (I take it that this is the newest?).

[edit]The bug exists in Wesley Weimar's Ascension 1.4.24 as well so my guess is that David Gaider's original Ascension had the bug too (might have the original files somewhere, have to check them too). Just wondering why no-one ever found out...[/edit]
    Post edited by Dyara on
    wubble
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    edited July 2016
    condolences.
    JuliusBorisov
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,269
    edited August 2016
    @JediMindTrix @WhiteAgnus
    I've forked this repository to cleanup file system case sensitive/releases/tags mess for BWS, no code changes was made

include files from fixpack
    include fixes from fixpack
    update WeiDU 239.01
    normalize all the line endings
    fix file system case sensitive
    fix LF>CRLF for files inside repository
    rename tags to something meaningful
    removed 'backup' branch because it's the same code
    removed ascensionBETA5232016.7z

https://github.com/BiGWorldProject/Ascension

You can use this link to always download latest release:
    Download: http://lynxlynx.info/ie/modhub.php?BiGWorldProject/Ascension&pre
    BWS will use new download link until someone will continue this project: https://bitbucket.org/BigWorldSetup/bigworldsetup/commits/35b291dc4fa1f224fc567da3e8ef9be5a7a0a01e

Someone with access to the main repo, please accept my Pull Request https://github.com/whiteagnus/Ascension/pull/2

Post edited by ALIEN on
    QuitchJuliusBorisov
  • YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486
    Is @Cuv still working on his Ascension version?

The other thread was locked down a while ago
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/23076/state-of-ascension/p1
  • BaldurspawnBaldurspawn Member Posts: 66
    I downloaded the github version and followed the instructions but when I start the renamed setup-ascension.exe it says this:
    ** ERROR ** [SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2] not found.
    Make sure that you have unpacked the archive correctly and
    that you are not trying to run this file from inside an archive.
    Press ENTER to exit.

Using GoG version
  • DyaraDyara Member Posts: 25
    edited August 2016
    @Baldurspawn Most likely you haven't unpacked the archive correctly because weidu cannot find the tp2 file. My guess is that you've copied the wrong ascension folder. Check the 'Ascension-master.zip'. There's a Ascension folder inside but that's not the folder you have to copy because inside there's another Ascension folder and that's the folder you have to copy.

@Cuv Hi :)
    Cuv
  • BaldurspawnBaldurspawn Member Posts: 66
    @Dyara Thanks, will try after work ^^ Most likely that is the case :)
  • JediMindTrixJediMindTrix Member Posts: 305
    Cuv said:

@Yamcha This is the version I was working on for the most part. I passed everything I had over to @JediMindTrix and he fixed my fixes, LOL.

I only used your "The Ascension" component. WhiteAgnus is responsible for fixing the majority of the bugs contained in that version, such as the one's preventing finishing the game.
    All other components are the work of WA and I. The bugs with Yaga-Shura and Demogorgon and various install bugs in earlier versions were caused by me and fixed by me/WhiteAgnus.
    mf2112
  • QuitchQuitch Member Posts: 17
    edited September 2016
    @ALIEN's fork remains the latest version of this? Given that the OP is now out-of-date I wonder if this shouldn't be unpinned and a new topic started.
    CuvCrevsDaak
    JediMindTrix highlighted to me in May that Bodhi is missing a bit of dialogue that Balthazar has about the pools following the end of the Irenicus fight. I'm putting together a fix for this and will send it as a pull request to @ALIEN
    YamchaCuvCrevsDaak
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Quitch said:

@ALIEN's fork remains the latest version of this? Given that the OP is now out-of-date I wonder if this shouldn't be unpinned and a new topic started.

As soon as someone is ready to create a new thread with all the links and descriptions, PM me.
    YamchaCrevsDaak
    Quitch fixes have been implemented, thanks for you support!
    Quitch said:

Yes plz.
    @ALIEN do you want to setup a new OP with the text from this one, but with the new links and updated changelog? I'd do it, but it seems best that whoever is maintaining the repo take it on.
  • 01Hydrogen01Hydrogen Member Posts: 6
    I've got some trouble in Chinese Translation. I fail to install this mod into BGIIEE in Chinese Translation because of charset error, and almost all the mods have this problem. I have a charset patch and using it I've made Saerileth and Yasraena installed in Chinese successfully. However, this patch doesn't work in your mod and I can't find the reason. I'd appreciate it if you can take a look at the patch and fix the annoying error. Here is the patch and my email http://pan.baidu.com/s/1hsHiv6s wangsongqi5@icloud.com
    @Quitch I was thinking about it but consider that I'm already maintain too many things and I lack necessary weidu skills for modifying code of such very important mod, I decide to not do separate thread. My fork was only for fixing small but important gotchas with files etc. Every decent weidu modder is welcome to take look at the code, play with it, test it, provide contribution and finally step in as maintainer. For such case, I would definitely remove my fork and use new one. I hope that it's clear for you.
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    I would like to remove the limitations to Slayer and ravager form (referring to loss of control and death if you stay too much time in these forms). How do I do it?
    edited October 2016
    EDIT
    Post edited by JediMindTrix on
  • islandkingislandking Member Posts: 426
    edited October 2016
    Hi all, should I use
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/732385/#Comment_732385
    or do I need to follow WhiteAgnus's instructions on Page 2 without using the hotfix, or do I need to do both?

Edit: I just used the hotfix from the above link with no further edit, installed fine.
    Post edited by islandking on
  • spikeguy86spikeguy86 Member Posts: 14
    I'm in the final battle, just took out JI and Bhodi but nothing else is happening. The bridges to the pools look like they are there but I can't do anything else. Anyone know a fix for this?
  • spikeguy86spikeguy86 Member Posts: 14
    So I figured out how to teleport using ctrl+J but even after I depleted all the pools, nothing happened. I seem to be stuck. Here's my save if anyone wants to take a look.
  • islandkingislandking Member Posts: 426
    I tried to narrow down the Slay form problem that kills the player, tested all the Slayer forms in EEKeeper, the only one that causes death is a level 1 innate slayer change whose Resource is IMOSLAY3, hope this info can help our programmers.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    edited October 2016
    There are three fixes that made the rounds a while ago, and may or may not have been incorporated into the latest build: one for the Slayer form, one for the pools, and one general one for the last area in the game. I've tested the Slayer fix and it works; @spikeguy86, please try applying the area fix and seeing if that solves the problem with the final battle. (You'll want to reload a save from before you travel to the Throne of Bhaal.)

EDIT: It's worth noting that, using the latest version from ALIEN here and with only the Slayer fix installed, I managed to clear the final battle, pools and all, without getting stuck.

A note to @ALIEN, though: this is a relatively minor glitch, but the abilities you get from the pool (like Focus) have blank descriptions...
    Post edited by shawne on
    GirewanJuliusBorisovALIENspikeguy86