Who's really a bro
    "You give up yet? ...no?"
    (Something's wrong with this ...)
  • SeraphSeraph Member Posts: 38
    Arkanis Gath?
  • alceryesalceryes Member Posts: 380
    edited October 2016
    Nope
    Hint: Figuring out the last word in the last line will help you find the answer.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    alceryes said:

With an ambush in mind
    I strike from behind
    So that you may find
    A lesson in kind

I lash at my foe
    Who's really a bro

alceryes said:

Nope
    Hint: Figuring out the last word in the last line will help you find the answer.

it's gotta be:

"Something's wrong with this ... Doh!"

The answer is therefore of course Homer Simpson.

On a more serious note, could it be Dorn?
    edited October 2016
    Skatan said:

alceryes said:

With an ambush in mind
    I strike from behind
    So that you may find
    A lesson in kind

I lash at my foe
    Who's really a bro

alceryes said:

Nope

it's gotta be:

"Something's wrong with this ... Doh!"

The answer is therefore of course Homer Simpson.

On a more serious note, could it be Dorn?
    Hahaha! Good guess but not Homer or Dorn.

Hint #2: The completed last line is -
    Something's wrong with this bow
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Got it!

Got it!

Yup, it don't have any ears!!! Bwahahahaha!

Hint #3: The answer is a named NPC in BG1.
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    Coran?
    edited October 2016
    Nope, not Coran.

Hint #4: The reason why the NPC says "Something's wrong with this bow" is because it's not doing any damage.
    Kivan?
    Not Kivan.

Hint #5: Those with BG1 'restartis' will see this NPC regularly.
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Imoen?
    Not Imoen.

Hint #6: This is an NPC - not someone who can join your party as a companion. He has a VERY small role and is in the game for less than 10 seconds. Think of some of the stuff that happens during the candlekeep tutorial.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Yeah, that one was kinda easy actually :) Even I understood it immediately, and I'm not very good at this game.
    I may be insane,
    Smell inhumane
    And am quite inane
    Failure to listen will make you the same
    Skatan said:

Yeah, that one was kinda easy actually :) Even I understood it immediately, and I'm not very good at this game.

Going to start planing my next riddle now. Though I believe I will forget about it.
    edited October 2016
    Well done @lolien

That was much quicker than I was expecting

Edit: I know you didn't say his name but you obviously know it is Mad Arcand the stinking.
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Actually, i didn't know about the stinking part, i was always too amazed by the power of his magnificent bard skills, to notice his odour. (There should be a mod to make him joinable.)

I won't hurt a wingless butterfly... probably.
    You can try red wizard... to shut your mouth!
    Golems with milk fetish? Just no!
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    Neera?

Neera?

No
    Viconia!
    Montresor got it right, as usual.
    Here are the related banters:
    Aerie: I...I have been looking at the scars...on my back. The stumps that were...that were once my wings. They do not...they do not make me truly homely, do they? Am I...am I ugly to you?
    Viconia: Must you act so pathetically within the earshot of others? What is it that you expect to say? That thinks your scars add character? Are you truly so witless?
    Aerie: I...I was talking to him, not to you! You've made your feelings on everything apparent enough!
    Viconia: Oh, did I hurt your feelings? Have I scarred our precious butterfly even worse, now?
    Aerie: Go away, Viconia. M-maybe it is silly of me to ask you about my scars, . I...I just respect your opinion.
    Protagonist: I don't think they make you ugly, Aerie. Far from it.
    Aerie: R-really? You are...very kind to say so, . I...I suppose I am too proud, that I miss my white wings so.
    Aerie: When I was first enslaved, I was kept in a small cage and put on display. I had no room to stand, buch less stretch my wings. I...I tried to warn my captor, I pleaded to him...
    Aerie: ...but my wings withered and became bloody and diseased. Until, finally, he was forced to...to...saw them off. It was...it was so painful and horrid!
    Aerie: I've felt like a great part of me has been missing ever since. I am incomplete. I...do not feel beautiful, . Not anymore.
    Protagonist: You placed too much of yourself in your wings, Aerie. You have to look at the rest of yourself and find beauty in that, too.
    Aerie: It is...very hard for me. But I shall try to think as you say...and I thank you for your kinds words.
    Edwin: I've been spying you from afar, Viconia, and your frankness, bearing and grace have beguiled me quite profoundly.
    Viconia: I'm certain there is a condition to your appraisal, Edwin. A Thayvian only has one person in their world: themselves.
    Edwin: Hush, dear, nonsense. The reputation of my kindred is from untrustworty sources. Like the dark elves, a victim of cruel machinations and falsehoods.
    Viconia: Perhaps, wizard. Perhaps. Unlike yourself, however, I am an outcast from my people.
    Edwin: Your brethren's loss is our gain...and a beautiful gain at that.
    Viconia: Flattery will serve you no purpose, male. I will tell *you* when you may speak to me thus.

Edwin: I believe, Viconia, that I have gained a greater respect for your... ah... intensity through the course of our journeys.
    Viconia: And I, Edwin, have grown no more appreciative of the sound of your voice since the day I first encountered its nasal whine.
    Edwin: eh...
    Viconia: Walk away, Edwin, I am in no mood for you.
    Jan: So Viconia, I suppose you must be a drow, eh?
    Viconia: Speak not to your betters, surface slave.
    Jan: My brother, Elgar Buttercup, had skin the shade of charcoal, too. Well, technically it WAS charcoal. He died in a nasty fire, you see.
    Viconia: You do love the sound of your own voice, don't you gnome?
    Jan: My own voice? Heartless wench! Do you not know? I am deaf. I have never heard the sound of my own voice. I read lips... (sob)... only lips...
    Viconia: Deaf? Truly? In the Underdark the deaf are killed or used in pain threshold experiments.
    Jan: I heard that! In fact, it reminds me of the time I was eaten by an avatar of Lolth. I was stuck inside her stomach with a miserable drow called Biffle Chump for days. Of course, I was forced to eat him. A matter of survival, you understand. Nothing personal. He tasted a bit like chicken.
    Viconia: [to Protagonist] How is it that you travel with such a wee buffoon?
    Protagonist: Truthfully, it all goes back to the time that Jan's cousin, Plooty Paladin-piper, got caught in a nasty flesh golem eating contest...
    Jan: Aye, Plooty had a way of attracting golems. Brilliant, really. You start with a saucer of milk - golems are suckers for milk...
    Viconia: I refuse to listen to this.
    Help me with a job or two?
    'Tis most dishonest to be true...
    Serve me well, and I'll help you, too -
    I'll cross my boss when he double-crosses you!
    edited October 2016
    Edwin? Though I'm pretty unsure about the last hint...