Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Blind_VisionaryBlind_Visionary Member Posts: 203
    @Wise_Grimwald Good luck with your barbarian. You probably know this already but Barbarians can only dual if you have a mod that enables that. I was investigating when to dual mine to mage and discovered that was illegal.... so its looking like its going to be all rage, all the time
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,857

@Wise_Grimwald Good luck with your barbarian. You probably know this already but Barbarians can only dual if you have a mod that enables that. I was investigating when to dual mine to mage and discovered that was illegal.... so its looking like its going to be all rage, all the time

I didn't know that. :( The points would probably have been re-arranged if I had. I thought that by arranging them as I have, I could do a number of totally different runs dualling to cleric, mage or thief. I don't know if that will work or not. If she has to stay as a barbarian throughout, that will not be a hardship, but will limit the different ways that I can develop the character.

The reason why I chose the staff proficiencies was that thay fitted all those options. (Also a +3 staff is available early on.
  • ussnorwayussnorway Member Posts: 341
    edited October 2016
    Puk the Bard- s1... read last post here,

one for the road,

Hear text as mp3,

I agreed to clear out the last dungeon of my half brothers lackies and talked the female boss into surrendering but she then walked into the hall and my traps finished it... o well, she wouldn't have liked prison anyway.

I collected a staff head from a chest with the bottom bit from a bug to get some gems.

Coran, Yeslick & Quayle wanted to leave the party so I had to rearrange the important loot before heading back to the palace... The Bad news we came under attack so I had to collect some of the gear that Imoen had stored before I stepped down stairs to defend the dukes.

Note: my Sod game is on insane level so I'm finding it easy to make progress.
    ussnorway said:

Puk the Bard- s1... read last post here,
    Note: my Sod game is on insane level so I'm finding it easy to make progress.

Insane level instead of??

How is it that you are finding it easy?
    edited October 2016
    Trusty died from a single blow from an ogre. :( Clearly the EE devs haven't attempted to implement the rule that says: "No deaths from a single blow whilst at level 1) My thinking is still back in Tutu where it was implemented.

I have now installed the part of tweaks that enables the dual-classing of barbarians. Trusty has started again at Candlekeep. She had a rougher time against Mendas (Improved by me) and had to use two healing potions to survive. As a reward she found a staff +1 on a corpse. She has got safely to Beregost and has a composite long bow so will not be taking on any ogres head-to-head this time. Now realising that for a barbarian, due to better walking speeds, hit and run is a good tactic, so a * in a ranged weapon would probably have been a good idea.

PS Quite a large number of people, probably those who don't have english as a first language, don't understand the difference between dual and duel, and so post "duel-wielding" and "duel-classing" when it should be "dual-wielding" and "dual-classing". The following explains it both briefly and very well.

See: http://www.gingersoftware.com/english-online/spelling-book/confusing-words/dual-duel
    edited October 2016

Trusty died from a single blow from an ogre. :( Clearly the EE devs haven't attempted to implement the rule that says: "No deaths from a single blow whilst at level 1) My thinking is still back in Tutu where it was implemented.

As I have stated already, it IS implemented (just like in vanilla), but your character should have 13 or less HPs. If your character has 14 or more HPs, he can be one-shotted.
    Hadn't realised that Trusty had more than 14 HPs. Will have to be more careful with Trusty Mark 2.
    She has already beaten the ogrillons near Beregost using the "He who fights and runs away..." maxim and therefore has gained a ring of protection +1. :) As a result she is level 2. I then realised that it was a mistake to take the easy experience in Beregost as she will need that when she dual-classes. :(
  • OtherguyOtherguy Member Posts: 157
    @Wise_Grimwald 7 charisma for Trusty Truestaff with that picture? You have really high standards mate.

I am still not cured from my restartitis. Will post a run once I get past a few chapter 2 quests without rerolling.

I have realized I need to have berserker rage or SI: abjuration since I am not experienced nor skilled enough to survive against high level casters without it. At least not with my house rules of limited resting, no exploits, limited meta, no cheese, no use of OP gear etc etc.

Berserker9/mage is the only character I've had that completed all quests up til Imoen but he lost to restartitis since he felt too cheesy..

Any ideas for a charname that fits the above?
  • alceryesalceryes Member Posts: 380
    edited October 2016

The background of my large portrait is where I was raised. I thought that the scenery had always been like that, but due to an archaeological dig that I took part in, we discovered that it was covered in birch trees, admittedly small ones due to the climate, but trees nontheless. Perhaps those druids are right about the environment. Those illegal immigrants from Europe, the romans, the anglo-saxons, the jutes, the vikings and suchlike have a lot to answer for, but it was those Normans from Normandy who have the most to answer for as they introduced sheep farming. Sheep and trees don't mix well. :( P.S. My ancestors were Normans. :(

Cool story and awesome pic. I'm trying to figure out how someone who looks like THAT can have a charisma of seven, though. Since BG doesn't use 'comeliness', you've got some 'splaining to do ;).
    Of course, I haven't heard her talk so that could be part of it. Hehehe.

Edit - NM, sorry, didn't see the follow-ups regarding the 7 charisma.
  • OtherguyOtherguy Member Posts: 157
    @Wise_Grimwald didn't want to start an argument of what charisma is (pretty paladins, stunning 3ed sorcererors/bards etc etc), just found it funny since she had 18 in everything else, she would have to be REALLY unpleasant. Tongue in cheek and all that.
  • MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    edited October 2016

Charisma does not just depend on looks. What comes out of the mouth is even more important. My wife being 68 may not equal Trusty in the visual department, however how she behaves has kept us together for 36 years. :) It says a lot that Hull wasn't interested in her. :D:

Also, being a barbarian, maybe she just has social/higiene standards that are inadequate for everyone else. And if she hasnt had a shower (for example) in months, being pretty is not gonna be enough (you might not even realise she is under all that dirt).

edited October 2016
    alceryes said:

Of course, I haven't heard her talk so that could be part of it. Hehehe.

I was once walking into town when some schoolgirls were walking in front of me. The only adjective they seemed to know began with an f. How a road and a house performed the act they were talking about I have no idea. Though their outward appearance was attractive, their speech put me right off. As a Street Angel I also hear some nasty abusive language from girls dressed up to pull. (Fortunately not addressed to me) I wouldn't date one of those girls if I was paid £100 to do so even though they have got it all physically. :(
    Similarly, I once kissed a girl when I was a student, (a long time ago) What I didn't realise was that she was a heavy smoker. Similarly, I was put right off. As has been said by @MacHurto , lack of personal hygene can also be off-putting to say the least. You don't have to look dirty to smell. :( having said all that, If I have another character with a low charisma, perhaps I will choose a different portrait. EDIT I tried looking for an image of a barbarian woman with plain features and simply could not find one. :( That says something about our society.
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    @Grond0 Hard Luck. :(
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    A run with the totemic druid!!! @Enuhal , I think it will bring you memories :) And @CrevsDaak is here. The thread is getting better and better. Good luck!