Skip to content

Classes and alignments for presidential candidates

2»

Comments

• SkaroseSkarose Member Posts: 247
    @semiticgod They're actually 2nd edition "Kits". Since we do the 2nd Ed. thing in these dorums, I figure I'd take it back to Olde-School :wink:
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I thought the Charlatan was a Bard kit?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    It's very hard to find something that *isn't* a D&D class... All those supplements, magazines and online articles out there make sure of it :)
  • SkaroseSkarose Member Posts: 247
    Dee said:

I thought the Charlatan was a Bard kit?

You are correct sir! 10 extra nerd points to you. Congratulations, you are well on your way to being recognized as a "Master Dweeb"! :smiley: (Post has been edited from thief kit to bard kit.)
  • CloneTHX2012CloneTHX2012 Member Posts: 1
    As the debates go on, i must conclude that Hillary is chaotic evil (breaking laws, lying under oath, etc.) And Bernie WAS lawful good (he might still be, but something or someone pressured him imho)..... Jill Stein is chaotic good (vandalism during pipeline protest) .... Trump has done a lot of good in his life. .. and then said some terrible things. ... but he also says he's changed. .. trump is the one wildcard that is almost impossible to place... lawful means following a code. . I don't think Hillary has a code, but Trump might. .. he also might be lawful evil however. ....
  • jobbyjobby Member Posts: 181
    Both neutral evil in the same sense that kagain is neutral evil, money.
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    So, uh...no offense, @semiticgod but Richard Nixon was caught in the watergate scandal, but during the investigation of watergate and the reason behind it, it was discovered that he was only one of four presidents that was performing illegal activities in Korea and Vietnam. The things done in Korea and Vietnam was the whole reason for watergate...

I don't mean to be contrary, but my point is that political figures in our country have done some incredibly screwed up and illegal things and got away with it. The only reason Nixon was caught was because they made too many mistakes after a private reporter who freely put his neck on the line to expose the scandal despite the pawns, as you put it, who were doing illegal stuff and covering for Nixon in Operation Re-Elect the President and afterwards in an attempt to cover it all up. They just made way too many mistakes in a row for them to not be caught. Strangely enough, Nixon escaped jail time because his Vice President pardoned him after he stepped down. So he did evade the law due to his power and that of his friend with power.

So do I believe that Clinton's power allows her to evade the law? You bet I do, along with many other politicians. Money is the only language. Who's to say she didn't learn from Nixon's mistakes and from other politicians and that accusations against her don't hold not because she is clean, but because she is slippery.

Personally, despite his many flaws and his big mouth and the fact that he will probably flush our government down the toilet, I think it's about time a non-politician was in power in our present day.

It probably won't happen though.

Maybe he will be worse.

Clinton: lawful evil fighter disguised as a lawful good paladin. Int18, Wis18, Cha18

Trump: chaotic neutral berserker who looks like a chaotic evil jester. Int18, Wis6, Cha7

(BTW, I don't mean any offense. I just thought it was important to correct some facts about Nixon and the implications drawn)
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    This video here isn't about Clinton herself, but it's a good example of the sort of thing I normally don't see coming from her detractors: concrete evidence of concrete action.
    http://www.npr.org/2016/10/19/498587397/sting-video-purports-to-show-democrats-describing-how-to-commit-voter-fraud
    NPR reported on a video by James O'Keefe from Project Veritas. It seems that some affiliates of the DNC have been intentionally provoking folks at Trump rallies and trying to catch Trump supporters attacking people on tape. Scott Foval was recorded explaining his methods via a hidden camera. Seems like the Neutral Evil type. He's been fired since.

James O'Keefe, the maker of the video, has been accused of misleading editing in his videos in the past, and we don't have the raw unedited footage yet, but this particular example seems solid so far.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Although... now that I think about it, the footage isn't quite as scandalous as O'Keefe made it seem. Even Scott Foval wasn't actually inciting violence; he never suggested that his people throw punches at Trump supporters, or even push Trump supporters or make physical contact. What he did advocate was sending people out to Trump rallies wearing Planned Parenthood shirts or saying "Trump is a Nazi," neither of which is advocating violence.

In fact, it wouldn't even constitute "fighting words," which means they could legally fight back if they got attacked. Foval's people could legitimately claim self-defense, even if they were clearly hoping for a fight, simply because a normal person wouldn't react to those things with violence.

The video is shady, but I can't find any criminal activity in it. They weren't actually inciting violence; they were capitalizing on the fact that some Trump supporters were themselves itching for a fight.