Skip to content

"Random Treasures of Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition" [Complete List by @CamDawg / #workinprogress]

RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426

PROLOGUE

Easthaven & Kuldahar Pass:

1. Easthaven [AR 1000] - Goblin Elite [2870 , 2425]:

[ 1 / 4 ]

2. Cave of Orcs [AR 1201] - Northern Chest [390 , 600]:

[ 1 / 5 ]

3. Kuldahar Pass: Ruined Mill [AR 2004] - Uligar [130 , 160]:

[ 1 / 5 ]

CHAPTER I

The Vale of Shadows:

4. The Vale of Shadows: 2nd Crypt [AR 3101] - Sarcophagus [695 , 135]:

[ 1 / 4 ]

5. The Vale of Shadows [AR 3000] - Yeti Chieftain [1965 , 1380]:

[ 1 / 5 ]

6. The Vale of Shadows: Temple of Myrkul [AR 3301] - Therik [570 , 700]:

[ 1 / 5 ]

7. Kresselack's Tomb: 1st lvl [AR 3501] - Mummy's Sarcophagus [1845 , 950]:

[ 1 / 4 ]

8. Kresselack's Tomb: 2nd lvl [AR 3502] - Pedestal Tomb [600 , 785]:

[ 1 / 6 ]

9. Kresselack's Tomb: 3rd lvl [AR 3503] - Kresselack's Resting Place [280 , 450]:

[ 1 / 6 ]

Temple of the Forgotten God:

10. Temple of the Forgotten God: 1st lvl [AR 3601] - Lower Chest [445 , 1655]:

[ 1 / 10 ]

11. Temple of the Forgotten God: 1st lvl [AR 3601] - Middle Chest [475 , 1385]:

[ 1 / 7 ]

12. Temple of the Forgotten God: 2nd lvl [AR 3602] - Chest II *SW* [1400 , 1650]:

[ 1 / 4 ]

13. Temple of the Forgotten God: 2nd lvl [AR 3602] - Chest III *NE* [1350 , 670]:

[ 1 / 4 ]

14. Temple of the Forgotten God: 2nd lvl [AR 3602] - Chest IV *SE* [1840 , 1530]:

[ 1 / 4 ]

CHAPTER II

Dragon's Eye:

15. Dragon's Eye: 1st lvl [AR 4001] - Right Chest [505 , 815]:

[ 1 / 5 ]

16. Dragon's Eye: 1st lvl [AR 4001] - Snake Statue [2980 , 420]:

[ 1 / 6 ]

17. Dragon's Eye: 3rd lvl [AR 4003] - Presio's Package [3110 , 1900]:

[ 1 / 7 ]

18. Dragon's Eye: 4th lvl [AR 4004] - Cabinet [2580 , 760]:

[ 1 / 4 ]

19. Dragon's Eye: 5th lvl [AR 4005] - 2nd Treasure Chest [375 , 180]:

[ 1 / 7 ]

20. Dragon's Eye: 5th lvl [AR 4005] - Yuan-ti Champion [3270 , 2480]:

[ 1 / 4 ]

21. Dragon's Eye: 5th lvl [AR 4005] - "Bleeding Room": Right Chest [1280 , 340]:

[ 1 / 2 ]

22. Dragon's Eye: 5th lvl [AR 4005] - Yxunomei's Chest V [2970 , 270]:

[ 2 / 10 ~ may double! ~ ]

CHAPTER III

Severed Hand - Main Tower:

23. Main Tower: 1st floor *W* [AR 5001] - Hole [600 , 1730]:

[ 1 / 3 ]

24. Main Tower: 2nd floor *W* [AR 5002] - Pile of Chairs [1520 , 390]:

[ 1 / 2 ]

25. Main Tower: 3rd floor *W* [AR 5003] - Orc Chieftain [970 , 850]:

[ 1 / 3 ]

26. Main Tower: 3rd floor *W* [AR 5003] - Pile of Chairs *2 [620 , 1250]:

[ 1 / 3 ]

27. Main Tower: 3rd floor *E* [AR 5003] - Serrated Skeleton [2300 , 760]:

[ 1 / 4 ]

28. Main Tower: b/a 2nd floor *E* [AR 5002] - Pile of Chairs *3 [2640 , 1860]:

[ 1 / 2 ]

29. Main Tower: b/a 1st floor *E* [AR 5001] - Severed Soul [2420 , 1800]:

[ 1 / 4 ]

30. Main Tower: b/a 1st floor *E* [AR 5001] - Pile of Chairs *4 [2640 , 1140]:

[ 1 / 3 ]

Severed Hand - Seldarine Towers:

31. Solonor Tower: 2nd floor [AR 5202] - Cleric's Chest [790 , 540]:

[ 1 / 3 ]

32. Solonor Tower: 3rd floor [AR 5203] - Shadowed Elven Priest [620 , 390]:

[ 1 / 4 ]

33. Solonor Tower: 3rd floor [AR 5203] - Podium Chest [680 , 420]:

[ 1 / 3 ]

34. Corellon Tower: 1st floor [AR 5301] - Pile of Chairs [940 , 350]:

[ 1 / 3 ]

35. Corellon Tower: 3rd floor [AR 5303] - Officer's Chest [850 , 500]:

[ 1 / 3 ]

36. Shevarash Tower: 1st floor [AR 5401] - Kaylessa [550 , 550]:

[ 1 / 4 ]

37. Labelas Tower: 3rd floor [AR 5104] - 2nd Table [320 , 320]:

[ 1 / 3 ]

38. Orrick the Gray - Reward for the "Mythal Theory" [AR 2102] [360 , 180]:

[ 1 / 3 ]

Special Thanks goes to @CamDawg for providing a complete list of treasures . .
Thank You! :smile:

Post edited by Rodrian on
Kilivitzsarevok57JuliusBorisovlolienNoonEnialusMeliamneMathsorcererelminsterAbelSkatanAutocratAriusCHAwWowomf2112SirBatinceSanctiferartificial_sunlightCrevsDaakEnilwynMoribunnyinethFandraxxrede9alithegreatdockaboomskiQuartz_Luke_KenjiCandleBesideStummvonBordwehrenqenqJitterBugBlackLinxElrandir

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    edited February 2016
    @Rodrian
    in chapter 1 under vale of shadows in "crypt IV" your potion of transference is labeled incorrectly, you have it giving:
    +1 dexterity
    +1 charisma

when I believe it is:
    +1 charisma
    -1 dexterity

:)
    RodrianDaevelonJuliusBorisovlolien
  • RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426
    edited February 2016
    @sarevok57 heh, you're right.. Even though I knew about it, I must have missed clicked it.. :expressionless:
    I will fix it as soon as I get back to my PC (mobile at work RN :wink:)

[EDIT:] @sarevok57 Done..
    sarevok57JuliusBorisovlolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Thanks a lot for what you're doing, @Rodrian. Respect!
    lolienRodrianAbel
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    Nice work! Keep it up!
    JuliusBorisovRodrian
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Amazing work @rodrian, mucho kudos! One comment, but perhaps this is already known to everyone, but maybe it could be helpful if you stated from which point you have to save scum to reload and potentially change the randomized item?
    Rodrian
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @Skatan

Just not to "have to save scum to reload and potentially change the randomized item" install the https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/48165/testers-wanted-tweaks-is-dead-long-live-tweaks#latest: the Friendly Random Drops component. Choose one from 3 options:

- Re-Randomize on Reload - This option simply re-picks the random item whenever you reload or revisit an area, so you can stand beside a chest and mash quickload.
    - Choose Your Drop - The random items are replaced with tokens, which can be immediately exchanged for your choice of an item from the original table.
    - Exchange with Merchants - This component will have the normal random drops when you travel through the world, but adds a merchant in Kuldahar and one in Lonelywood (if HoW is installed). These merchants will allow you to exchange your items for another item in the table--for a commission, of course.
    SkatanRodrianAbel
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    And if you don't want to install Tweaks Anthology (shock! horror!) you need to reload before you enter an area with an item. Once you enter an area, the random item is fixed in your save game.
    JuliusBorisovRodrianAbel
    Sure, I'll generate a list. But after I get some sleep tonight. :)
    RodrianJuliusBorisov
    edited March 2016
    @CamDawg Thank You! for that you've taken your time to prepare this list. At first, I was so glad and relieved, because it seemed that you have actually freed me from that *never-ending duty*. .
    B'BUT now, after a second glance, I'm afraid I have to point out a few mistakes to you (..and I fear that I'm only at the beginning :frowning:):

• Vale of Shadows - yeti cave (ar3001) - Lysan (474,402), that equipment is really placed at Dragon's Eye's first Level, "second" chest - (there are also some random missiles: arrows/bolts/bullets/darts etc.)

• Vale of Shadows - minor tomb (ar3201) - Sarcophagus1 (1083,282), should actually be on the Second Level of the TotFG (12. Chest II (SW) - Second Level)

• It seems, that this *bows/scrolls chest* from the TotFG is lacking on your list (10. Lower Chest - First Level)

• The Yeti's Chieftain gear is also missing (5. Yeti Chieftain - The Vale of Shadows)

Again, I'm thankful for what you've done! :smile:
    . . however,
    "For the love of Dugmaren!"
    Is there really no *official version* of this AOdamn list?

@TrentOster, @Amber_Scott, @Dee, @PhillipDaigle, @AlexT, @Troodon80, @elminster . . @Devs ?
    Halp'? :sweat:
    AbelJuliusBorisovlolien
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    edited March 2016
    I think CamDawg generated this list with WeiDU. If the code is well written and the game unmodded, there shouldn't be any mistakes (WeiDU just scans the game files in that instance).
    So if you found some that means there's either been some misstep in the list generation or that the relevant files were modified (yours' or CamDawg's).
    It's no trivial task to code and format such a list!
    Nah, Rodrian's right--I based my list off of what Tweaks adjusts and where. It looks like I haven't properly accounted for the handful of random locations we moved around in IWDEE (something for beta 3). It's also not inclusive as it only focuses on the random drops featuring interesting uniques, e.g. that yeti drop was excluded because all options are generic +1 magic items.
    Alright, so I went through and reviewed this again so that I could get it correct for Tweaks Anthology. The discrepancies between my list and @Rodrian 's come from two sources. The big difference is that mine is a partial list as noted above (Tweaks doesn't care about a random selection of generic magic +1 items). Thankfully there were only two other discrepancies, which Rodrian has already caught, specifically:
    Rodrian said:

• Vale of Shadows - yeti cave (ar3001) - Lysan (474,402), that equipment is really placed at Dragon's Eye's first Level, "second" chest
    • Vale of Shadows - minor tomb (ar3201) - Sarcophagus1 (1083,282), should actually be on the Second Level of the TotFG (12. Chest II (SW) - Second Level)
    These are both restorations from IWD Unfinished Business; we simply decided to alter their placement a bit when we integrated the mod into IWDEE. The locations I've listed (Lysan, VoS) are where these get placed in a regular IWD/IWD-in-BG2 game whereas Rodrian has the correct location for IWDEE.
    AbelJuliusBorisovlolien
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    This deserves all the insightfuls.
    RodrianlolienStummvonBordwehr
    edited July 2016

● ● ● Repost from the General questions. IWD for newbies and semiprofs thread ● ● ●
    Rodrian said:

(...) in Dorn's Deep's cave where Saablic Tan is, there's suppose to be the 'Symbol of Clan Battlehammer'. . but it's not there in my *game*.

Is it included to a random drop  from Kalabac's corpse? Or is it always there and I have a bug of some sort?

EDIT:
    Or maybe I need to roll  the Stoutward first, before the symbol appears there?

EDIT 2:
    Huh, who'd have known, it's ^ exactly ^  what needs to be done. .
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    When is the chance generated exactly? when the area first loads?

saving / reloading never seemed to do a new roll sadly
    Rodrian
    edited October 2016
    @SirBatince yes exactly, the rule is to save  before entering the specific new location, because that is the moment when items get randomized. .

[EDIT]: Also, as Julius mentioned before:

Just not to "have to save scum to reload and potentially change the randomized item" install the https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/48165/testers-wanted-tweaks-is-dead-long-live-tweaks/p1: the Friendly Random Drops component. Choose one from 3 options:

- Re-Randomize on Reload - This option simply re-picks the random item whenever you reload or revisit an area, so you can stand beside a chest and mash quickload.

- Choose Your Drop - The random items are replaced with tokens, which can be immediately exchanged for your choice of an item from the original table.

- Exchange with Merchants - This component will have the normal random drops when you travel through the world, but adds a merchant in Kuldahar and one in Lonelywood (if HoW is installed). These merchants will allow you to exchange your items for another item in the table--for a commission, of course.

DexterJuliusBorisov
  • AriusArius Member Posts: 92
    Haven't seen this asked. Does IWDEE add NEW items that weren't there before in the original version?
    @Arius, YES in both "ways", so traditionally - throughout the game there are some new, mostly exotic  items that were nowhere to be seen in the original (katanas, Ioun Stones etc.), AND there are some new items as well added to the Random Treasures' tables (^^^), which include some that were suppose to be in the original, but were never added for some reason, if I'm not mistaken. .

+ IWD:EE has Items' Upgrades component! ^^

If you like spoilers, you might want to check out A guide to new magic items in IWD:EE :smile:
    lolienJuliusBorisov
    Are you planning to finish the list?
    Rodrian
    Yea most definitely, but Vanilla already turned back on me like 3 times in a row! :rage:
    Every time I find some new, fancy way to achieve what I want, Vanilla suddenly decides to turn that format off. . SO, yes - I will finish it. .  s o m e d a y  :sweat_smile:
    JuliusBorisovineth
    edited October 2016
    Thanks

the pictures are really well done and sets itself miles apart from other guides.

while we're at it, I would like to report that the Massive Warhammer in kresselack 2 also gives a 2 AC penalty (outrageously)
    RodrianJuliusBorisov
    edited October 2016
    Thank you! It takes some time to make these. . :relaxed:

[EDIT]: huh, an actual funny thing about the hammer:
    It says nothing about the AC penalty in the description:

. . but it gives me a -1 AC when I actually wield it:

Thoughts?
    JuliusBorisov
    edited October 2016
    yeah typo I meant 1 AC penalty

it's a real downer for warhammer fans
    Rodrian
  • MoribunnyMoribunny Member Posts: 21
    This was extremely useful.
    Dying to know the loot tables for further on!
    JuliusBorisovSanctiferRodrianStummvonBordwehr
  • alithegreatalithegreat Member Posts: 24
    Is there any way we can help this? Just sending what we get from drops won't count i guess...
    Rodrian
    Honestly if there is a way, I would gladly "pass" this thread to someone else :)
    Any volunteers?
    @JuliusBorisov - could it be arranged? I'm not very active lately on the forums, and I'm sure I won't be, so it seems like the best way to keep it goin. .
    JuliusBorisov