Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    Aasim said:

RelSundan said:

I don't recognize those last quests, with the Beregost lady. Is that a mod or do you have to be a priest of Lathander?

I think it's Gavin.
    It is Gavin. It is through the Gavin mod that the party received the potions of mirrored eyes too.
  • Blind_VisionaryBlind_Visionary Member Posts: 203
    @Grondo - nice work, looking strong! Does shaman casting trigger a visit from the Cowled Wizards?
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • AasimAasim Member Posts: 591
    @Blind_Visionary

I think you can tweak Randomizer to your preferences; check the mod info.
    CrevsDaak
    Aasim said:

@Blind_Visionary

I think you can tweak Randomizer to your preferences;.

Yup, it's a great addition. Right now I have it set to destroy items 5% of the time, and leave them in their original locations 5% of the time. If only it randomized the pro petrification green scroll... that would really shake up the early game. Do you think it would be possible to add that to the list of things that get randomized?
    CrevsDaak
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918

@Grondo - nice work, looking strong! Does shaman casting trigger a visit from the Cowled Wizards?

No. Only Arcane magic alerts them. Clerics and druids can cast without being harassed by them.
    Blind_Visionary
    Wow, Grond0. Hard lesson!
    Grond0CrevsDaak
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    edited October 2016
    @Grond0 well, back to Baldur's Gate 1
    Grond0CrevsDaak[Deleted User]
    Auch..
    @Blind Visionary

Probably yes. I haven't played much with Randomizer but it should be easy to do.
    Blind_VisionaryCrevsDaak
    @Grond0 Just because I did a Grond0 that doesn't mean that you have to outdo me! :D Hard Luck! At least you now know.
    Grond0JuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
    Ahahaha....
    CrevsDaakRelSundan
    @Grond0 Well done
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305

@Grond0 Well done

Or perhaps not. As they say: "there's the quick ... and there's the dead."
    CrevsDaak
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 996

@Enuhal I never bother with fists - anytime I want the HoD, I just turn off AI, attack in melee, with a weak fighter like Khalid alone and sure enough soon she has had enough. This has worked EVERY time (and I get the HoD quite often with my parties).

That is fine if you have a party. If you are soloing then there isn't a weak fighter available. It is therefore wise to use fists as the danger of killing with one blow is quite high.

Ætheling the Erudite Continued.

She died. Pure carelessness. Everything was being scythed down with ease but she failed to go beserk when facing Davaeorn. That was stupid of me. I could have used skellies as well. :( It was dire charm that killed her.
    Probably shouldn't have been playing at 5 in the morning. :( A rather Gron0esque ending.
    @Wise_Grimwald This whole discussion happened because Blackraven didn't get the Helm of Defense - you CAN'T get the Helm of Defense solo (well, guess you could sacrifice your familiar maybe...)- you just have to kill her if you provoke her, or she kisses you dead. You only get the HoD if you let her kill someone first, then beat her into submission without killing her.
    YgramulCrevsDaak
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 996
    Thanks Aasim! I didn't know about that mechanic, that must have been what Wise was referring to but I didn't realize.
    Wise_GrimwaldCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov