Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,853
    @Grond0 It looks like you were the only one playing this morning. I'll be reading your posts after eating lunch. :)
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 998
    Blackraven said...

@Corey_Russell, belated congrats with your F/M/T trilogy success!

Thanks, but it was NOT a trilogy success - I wanted to play BG 2 that moment, and it was also the first no reload ever on my new computer. So was a BG 2/ToB no reload success. Currently working Wren, Jaheira and Imoen through Johnny's dungeon.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    edited October 2016
    @Pteran : Raising Charname

Which reminds me, I really should update my run on there.
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    Thank you for the positive comments @JuliusBorisov and @Corey_Russell!

• alceryesalceryes Member Posts: 380
    For those who are just dying, without any apparent reason...
    Do you know when the 'mysterious poisoning' of CHARNAME triggers? The one where you have 10 days to cure it through that quest in BG city? I'm wondering if that's getting triggered and you all aren't getting cured in time.
    @alceeryes - While in general that is a possibility, keep in mind we have seen mysterious EE deaths in BG 2/ToB, and the poison quest would obviously not apply to those deaths. In any case, the poster said he was cured so that isn't it.
  • alceryesalceryes Member Posts: 380

@alceeryes - While in general that is a possibility, keep in mind we have seen mysterious EE deaths in BG 2/ToB, and the poison quest would obviously not apply to those deaths. In any case, the poster said he was cured so that isn't it.

Ahhh, missed that part. Haven't read much about the different mysterious deaths. Is it reproducible from an autosave, maybe? Has anyone experienced it with vanilla EE's or is it usually with a bunch of mods installed?
  • AasimAasim Member Posts: 591
    There were such occurances on EE games already; I don't think mods have anything to do with it.
    Aasim is correct, the deaths can and do occur on vanilla EE. And in general, as far as I've heard, they haven't been reproducible (e.g., do a battle die mysteriously, but replay battle dozen times and nothing odd happens). I would call such deaths bugs - and on the BioWare forums we allowed reloads on bugs, though you were never required to.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,318
    edited October 2016
    RelSundan said:

If I would die from that bat blocking me someone would die.

I think that would have been less painful than the actual end of that run ...
    alceryes said:

For those who are just dying, without any apparent reason...
    Do you know when the 'mysterious poisoning' of CHARNAME triggers? The one where you have 10 days to cure it through that quest in BG city? I'm wondering if that's getting triggered and you all aren't getting cured in time.

Just to answer the question the timer starts when you talk to Lothander in the central city area.
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    edited October 2016
    Grond0 said:

RelSundan said:

Oh, be sure to post that. I can't imagine something beating that kind of ending.

EDIT: Just saw it now, better luck next time. I hope you will make it to Baldur's gate 2, would like to see how you wold manage there on your own!
  • AasimAasim Member Posts: 591
    RelSundan said:

Grond0 said:

RelSundan said:

Oh, be sure to post that. I can't imagine something beating that kind of ending.

EDIT: Just saw it now, better luck next time. I hope you will make it to Baldur's gate 2, would like to see how you wold manage there on your own!
    I can not only imagine. Grond0 is very creative about ways to end his runs.
    Hope @Grond0 won't mind my link.

It does miss my fav (iirc temple sewers in BG2, charname R-C, charmed by his own nymph turned hostile?).
    To be fair, those were his MP runs, and not all were caused by him, Gate70 founds some ways for them to die (like being in inventory when battling those undead in spellhold and dying).
    Congrats Blind_Visionary - I'm looking forward to the next issue of Barbarian News.

Right. It's a new dawn of a new day (or at least it will be in a few hours ...). I'll give it one more try to get this pesky shaman at least through BG1. My impression is that the class should be pretty powerful, so deserves the chance to have a go at BG2 :smile: