Skip to content

SCS with hotfixes - (EDIT: forget hotfixes, use the BWFixPack)

Comments

• RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    Skip that component, rest will install fine anyways IIRC
  • PalanthisPalanthis Member Posts: 283
    edited November 2016
    Well it's the first, core component so i guess i can't bypass it. I did try to install it one more time after the first error though, and it could install more files than before.

The error i got wasn't the same :

SFO: Cloning SPL file(s) %CLERIC_STORM_OF_VENGEANCE% => dw#vstor
    %WIZARD_INCENDIARY_CLOUD% => dw#trpin
    %WIZARD_METEOR_SWARM% => dw#trpms and applying patch(es)...
    Copying and patching 1 file ...

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
    Resource [%CLERIC_STORM_OF_VENGEANCE%.SPL] not found in KEY file:
    [./chitin.key]
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Initialise mod (all other components require this)], rolling back to previous state
    Unable to Unlink [stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/1000/OTHER.1000]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/1000/OTHER.1000")
    [stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/1000/UNSETSTR.1000] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
    Will uninstall 32 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 1000.
    Uninstalled 32 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 1000.
    Unable to Unlink [stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/1000/READLN.1000]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/1000/READLN.1000")
    Unable to Unlink [stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/1000/READLN.1000.TEXT]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/1000/READLN.1000.TEXT")
    ERROR: Failure("resource [%CLERIC_STORM_OF_VENGEANCE%.SPL] not found for 'COPY'")
    Detailed error information can be found in the file SETUP-STRATAGEMS.DEBUG . For help troubleshooting installation problems, go to the Sword Coast Stratagems forum at forums.gibberlings3.net.
    Using Language [English]
    [English] has 1 top-level TRA files
    [stratagems/tra/english/english.tra] has 949 translation strings

I tried to install this one more time, and couldn't get more files installed. Seems this last error is really fatal...

Versions 2.0 + of these games are really not ready for SCS.
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    edited November 2016
    I did bypass it before. I got a new computer where it worked. However installing that compent, and the after failing skipping it, it did work. My guess is that not all the files would install. It worked for me, try it.

Re-install the game? Do you have any other mods or anything to lose if you do a clean install? Note that saves are unaffected.
    edited November 2016
    well if i try to install, then skip it on the second time, it says all other components need this core component (which make sense).

I'll guess i'll try to reinstall everything, as you say. Even though i don't have any other thing installed, so i'm not sure it will change anything.

Thx for the help anyway.
    edited November 2016
    I reinstalled everything, tried again, same error log. Bypassing it didn't work.

Seems i can't use SCS on 2.3 EE for now. From what i could see on forums i'm not the only one. It's really a pity Beamdog broke so much one of the best mods.

I hope Davidw will come back someday...
    edited November 2016
    I decided to give another try by installing, besides my SOD version, BGEE without SOD expansion ( although not recommended on the Beamdog launcher, because BGEE is supposed to be included in SOD, you can install the "BGEE alone" version if you want.)

Oddly enough, i CAN install SCS with the hotfix on this BGEE version. No error or bug at the moment.

Since BGEE and BGEE + SOD share the same saves folder location, i guess i could possibly run the entire saga by playing BGEE with SCS, importing the save in the BGEE + SOD component to play SOD without SCS, and then importing this save in BG2EE (i didn't try installing scs on BG2EE for now, but i guess it would work just like it does on BGEE).
    I just hope there won't be any any bugs while transfering the saves.

I'm not sure what's going on here.
    SOD is supposed to be identical to the "BGEE alone", as far as i know, concerning IA and other stuff that SCS modifies.
    I really don't know why SCS would be working with the BGEE alone version, if it's not working with the SOD version. But it does.
    If someone can find why, it would be nice to have another hotfix for SCS, which could allow us to install it on SOD. Installing the BGEE alone version like i did, is normally NOT necessary (if i didn't need scs) and is just a waste of hard disk space.

NOTE : this concerns only people who, like me, own the games on the Beamdog launcher (or just purchased them through Beamdog's store).
    brunardo
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    I'll be doing the same set up soon @Palanthis so this is good info and didnt think about BGEE with scs then adding SOD after and using saved game to SOD after like your saying...hope it works
    Note that some people who have bought the games on Beamdog seem to not have any problem installing SCS on SOD. Again, not sure about what's going on !

• agb1agb1 Member Posts: 249
    edited December 2016
    Duplicate post.
    Post edited by agb1 on
    inethDeltharis
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    agb1 said:

The Big World Fixpack (click here to download) is now all you need for SCS, with or without EET, with or without Spell Revisions:

@agb1 I tried installing this preparatory to adding SCS to a fresh BGEE installation. However, when clicking on the BiG World Fixpack batch file I just see a command window open for a fraction of a second before closing again without doing anything. I've disabled UAC and virus protection - are you aware of anything else that might cause this problem?
    @Grond0 - Did you put the contents of the "master" folder directly in your game folder? The _ApplyPatches.tp2, weidu.exe and BiG World Fixpack folder must all be in the game directory, not inside a containing folder.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    There should be an _ApplyPatches.debug file with more info as well.
    agb1 said:

@Grond0 - Did you put the contents of the "master" folder directly in your game folder? The _ApplyPatches.tp2, weidu.exe and BiG World Fixpack folder must all be in the game directory, not inside a containing folder.

I did put the contents of the master folder into the Beamdog sub-folder 00766, yes. The debug file shows the following:
    WeiDU v 23700 Log

weidu --nogame --no-exit-pause --logapp --log _ApplyPatches.debug _ApplyPatches.tp2
    WARNING: parsing log [WeiDU.log]: Sys_error("WeiDU.log: No such file or directory")

[_ApplyPatches.tp2] PARSE ERROR at line 99 column 24-99
    Near Text: "BiG World Installpack\Big World Smoothpack"
    GLR parse error

[_ApplyPatches.tp2] ERROR at line 99 column 24-99
    Near Text: "BiG World Installpack\Big World Smoothpack"
    Parsing.Parse_error
    ERROR: parsing [_ApplyPatches.tp2]: Parsing.Parse_error
    ERROR: problem parsing TP file [_ApplyPatches.tp2]: Parsing.Parse_error

FATAL ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error

WeiDU Timings
    stuff not covered elsewhere 0.000
    Parsing TP2 files 0.016
    TOTAL 0.016
    chimaera said:

@Grond0
    I had that happen when the weidu.exe got overwritten by an older version from another mod.

I had a fresh installation with no mods, so that shouldn't have been an issue. I did though try downloading Weidu v236 again just in case - that made no difference though.

Thanks both for the help.
    edited December 2016
    Looks like an error in my script -- not accounting for the lack of a weidu.log file. Will fix.

Oh - that parse error is actually due to using an older version of WeiDU, as chimaera said. DIRECTORY_EXISTS is a newer feature in WeiDU.
    edited December 2016
    Hmm. I tried it last night with both the version of Weidu that came bundled with the Fixpack and with a freshly downloaded version from Weidu.org. Interestingly the download links from that site for Weidu are not working this morning, so perhaps something was wrong with the version downloaded yesterday - I'll look for an alternative source.

Edit: that looks more promising - the Fixpack appears to run properly now and recognises that Strategems is present in the folder.

Edit 2: and given that I don't normally expect Carbos to poison his weapon and then disappear into the shadows it would appear that SCS has successfully installed as well :D. Thanks again for the help.
    Post edited by Grond0 on
    www.weidu.org/~thebigg/weidu.exe is the latest.
    Grond0brunardo
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited December 2016
    @agb1 -

I saw this thread in the Troubleshooting section, and I thought it would be useful for FixPack: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/62725/mirror-in-glints-inventory#latest

It looks like the new SoD joinable NPCs are getting "marker items" from SCS. It's failing to ID them as joinable NPCs. SCS identifies joinable NPCs using the entries in PDIALOG.2DA (the code is in always.tph). For the original NPCs, the entries in PDIALOG.2DA matched the NPCs script names (i.e., death variables). This isn't true for the SoD joinable NPCs.

Glint's entry in PDIALOG.2DA is "BDGLINT", but his script name is just "GLINT". So, SCS doesn't realize he's a joinable NPC and gives him the marker for some purpose (EDIT: it was the "has potions" marker).

The file always.tph in SCS needs to have entries for the new SoD joinable NPCs to manually add them to the "/// Array to identify PCs" section (except Corwin).

After the line,

SPRINT $script_name_pdialog(~osprey~) ~~

Insert the following:
    // SoD Joinable NPCs
    SPRINT $script_name_pdialog(~glint~) ~~
    SPRINT $script_name_pdialog(~mkhiin~) ~~
    SPRINT $script_name_pdialog(~voghiln~) ~~
    Post edited by AstroBryGuy on
    JuliusBorisov
    Thanks @AstroBryGuy. This has been added to the BWFixpack.
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    edited December 2016
    It still doesn't work for me when I'm trying it on SoD, I guess these errors:

Error one:

ERROR Installing [Initialise mod (all other components require this)], rolling back to previous state
    Unable to Unlink [stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/1000/OTHER.1000]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/1000/OTHER.1000")
    [stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/1000/UNSETSTR.1000] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
    Will uninstall 0 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 1000.
    Uninstalled 0 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 1000.
    Unable to Unlink [stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/1000/READLN.1000]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/1000/READLN.1000")
    Unable to Unlink [stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/1000/READLN.1000.TEXT]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/1000/READLN.1000.TEXT")
    ERROR: Failure("Unknown function: check_ini")
    Detailed error information can be found in the file SETUP-STRATAGEMS.DEBUG . For help troubleshooting installation problems, go to the Sword Coast Stratagems forum at forums.gibberlings3.net.
    Using Language [English]
    [English] has 1 top-level TRA files
    [stratagems/tra/english/english.tra] has 949 translation strings

Error two:

Will uninstall 3 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 1000.
    Restoring backed-up [stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/1000/CHITIN.KEY]
    stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/1000/CHITIN.KEY copied to CHITIN.KEY, 776244 bytes
    [.\CHITIN.KEY] loaded, 776244 bytes
    [.\CHITIN.KEY] 95 BIFFs, 55250 resources
    Uninstalled 3 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 1000.
    ERROR: Sys_error("stratagems/sfo/general/LIB_ITERATE.TPA.tpa: No such file or directory")
    Using Language [English]

Anyone can help me with that?
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    Hey @Arunsun & @subtledoctor Im having a similar issue above as used BWS and SCS skipped alot of components from Bg1/SOD and saw it was set up under BG2 folder so I downloaded SCS V.30 to that folder 806 but get the initialise error as well...Really just trying to get the improved battles for BG1 but dont want to mess up my BWS modded game which took forever to set up...any help

[I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit? i

Installing [Improved Cloakwood Druids] [v30]
    Copying 1 file ...
    Appending to files ...

Install Component [Improved Bassilus]?

Installing [Improved Bassilus] [v30]
    Copying 1 file ...
    Appending to files ...

Install Component [Improved Drasus party]?

Installing [Improved Drasus party] [v30]
    Copying 1 file ...
    Appending to files ...

Install Component [Improved Red Wizards]?

Installing [Improved Red Wizards] [v30]
    Copying 1 file ...
    Appending to files ...

Install Component [Improved Undercity party]?

Installing [Improved Undercity party] [v30]
    Copying 1 file ...
    Appending to files ...

Install Component [Tougher chapter-two end battle]?

Installing [Tougher chapter-two end battle] [v30]
    Copying 1 file ...
    Appending to files ...

Install Component [Tougher chapter-three end battle]?

Installing [Tougher chapter-three end battle] [v30]
    Copying 1 file ...
    Appending to files ...

Install Component [Tougher chapter-four end battle]?

Installing [Tougher chapter-four end battle] [v30]
    Copying 1 file ...
    Appending to files ...

Install Component [Tougher chapter-five end battle]?

Installing [Tougher chapter-five end battle] [v30]
    Copying 1 file ...
    Appending to files ...

Install Component [Improved final battle]?

Installing [Improved final battle] [v30]
    Copying 1 file ...
    Appending to files ...

Install Component [Improved minor encounters]?

Installing [Improved minor encounters] [v30]
    Copying 1 file ...
    Appending to files ...

Installing [Main installer] [v30]

Press ENTER to install your chosen Sword Coast Stratagems components

(This may take a while)

Copying and patching 1 file ...

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Initialise mod (all other components require this)

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED More consistent Breach spell (always affects liches and rakshasas; doesn't penetrate Spell Turning)

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components)

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Smarter general AI

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Better calls for help

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Smarter Mages -> Mages only cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat if they are created in sight of the PC

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Smarter Priests -> Priests only cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat if they are created in sight of the PC

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Improved Spiders

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Smarter sirines and dryads

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Slightly harder carrion crawlers

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Smarter basilisks

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Improved doppelgangers

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Tougher Black Talons and Iron Throne guards

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Improved deployment for parties of assassins

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Dark Side-based kobold upgrade

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Relocated bounty hunters

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Improved Ulcaster

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Improved Balduran's Isle

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Improved Durlag's Tower

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Improved Demon Cultists

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Improved Cloakwood Druids

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Improved Bassilus

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Improved Drasus party

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Improved Red Wizards

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Improved Undercity party

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Tougher chapter-two end battle

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Tougher chapter-three end battle

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Tougher chapter-four end battle

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Tougher chapter-five end battle

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Improved final battle

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Improved minor encounters

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Main installer
    [setup-stratagems] WeiDU version 24000
    ERROR: Cannot perform auto-update, going ahead anyway!
    Sys_error("setup-stratagems: No such file or directory")
    Using Language [English]

Using .\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk

Installing [Initialise mod (all other components require this)] [v30]
    loading 1 tra file
    loading 1 tra file
    Creating 1 directory

Reading in data: spellcodes

Will uninstall 4 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 1000.
    Uninstalled 4 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 1000.
    ERROR: Not_found
    Automatically Skipping [Initialise mod (all other components require this)] because of error.
    Using Language [English]

SKIPPING: [More consistent Breach spell (always affects liches and rakshasas; doesn't penetrate Spell Turning)]
    This component requires the core "initialise" component to be installed

SKIPPING: [Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components)]

SKIPPING: [Smarter general AI]

SKIPPING: [Better calls for help]
    Skipping [Smarter Mages -> Mages only cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat if they are created in sight of the PC] because it fails its requirements.
    Skipping [Smarter Priests -> Priests only cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat if they are created in sight of the PC] because it fails its requirements.

SKIPPING: [Improved Spiders]

SKIPPING: [Smarter sirines and dryads]

SKIPPING: [Slightly harder carrion crawlers]

SKIPPING: [Smarter basilisks]

SKIPPING: [Improved doppelgangers]

SKIPPING: [Tougher Black Talons and Iron Throne guards]

SKIPPING: [Improved deployment for parties of assassins]

SKIPPING: [Dark Side-based kobold upgrade]

SKIPPING: [Relocated bounty hunters]

SKIPPING: [Improved Ulcaster]

SKIPPING: [Improved Balduran's Isle]

SKIPPING: [Improved Durlag's Tower]

SKIPPING: [Improved Demon Cultists]

SKIPPING: [Improved Cloakwood Druids]

SKIPPING: [Improved Bassilus]

SKIPPING: [Improved Drasus party]

SKIPPING: [Improved Red Wizards]

SKIPPING: [Improved Undercity party]

SKIPPING: [Tougher chapter-two end battle]

SKIPPING: [Tougher chapter-three end battle]

SKIPPING: [Tougher chapter-four end battle]

SKIPPING: [Tougher chapter-five end battle]

SKIPPING: [Improved final battle]

SKIPPING: [Improved minor encounters]

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Initialise mod (all other components require this)

Press ENTER to exit.
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,015
    @brunardo did you ever figure this out? I just did a clean install of SCS with the hotfixes in BG2EE and am able to install everything but the first component (core component initialize).

All the other components installed fine, even without the first core component.
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,015
    Aerakar said:

@brunardo did you ever figure this out? I just did a clean install of SCS with the hotfixes in BG2EE and am able to install everything but the first component (core component initialize).

All the other components installed fine, even without the first core component.

In the end installation worked by breaking it into pieces, i.e. first initialize mod and AI enhancements, later all of the other components except spell tweaks, and finally spell tweaks by itself. @subtledoctor suggested this approach earlier in this thread also.

Not sure why installing by sections worked. It would be great to see SCS31 come out after 2.5!
    Aerakar
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    edited May 2018
    For anyone having trouble with "out of memory" errors while installing SCS, the recently released WeiDU 245 comes with native 64-bit binaries for both Windows and macOS, which should prevent these errors from triggering.
    _Luke_Aerakar
  • MacilrilleMacilrille Member Posts: 6
    I get this message

This component requires the core "initialise AI" component to be installed

Any advice?
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,270
    @Macilrille Forget about this topic, cet the last release from here https://github.com/Gibberlings3/SwordCoastStratagems/releases and reinstall mod.
    [Deleted User]
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,270
    @subtledoctor SCS doesn't really need BWFixpack anymore, can you edit this post?