Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    @Blind_Visionary dialog snippets is a great idea!

How do you link to the previous post specifically? Morrigan II managed to reach the point where her predecessor died, so will post again later.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    edited November 2016
    CrevsDaak said:

What is that purple/pink hand on the screen?
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,857
    @aldain Congrats on completing BG1. Are you doing Seige of Dragonspear?

I am thinking of getting Dynaheir to join and do a few quests to raise her experience. Spugnor whilst not being at the level cap is almost there.

I am wondering whether Dynaheir still remembers spells learnt in BG1 when she gets to SoD.

I could save the scrolls instead if she doesn't.
  • Blind_VisionaryBlind_Visionary Member Posts: 203
    Nice update, @Aldain! Congrats on a fine battle with Sarevok!
  • aldainaldain Member Posts: 307
    @Wise_Grimwald Thank you! No, I'm not planning on SoD with this character, he'll go straight to SoA. I've actually not played SoD yet... I imagine when I do, I'll go through with something more robust than a Conjurer the first time (my go-to character for an almost indestructible protagonist that still has tactical options is usually the Dwarven Fighter/Cleric).

@Blind_Visionary Thank you! Sarevok and Davaeorn are my achilles heel, it seems.. no matter what tactic I adopt or how well I prepare, I always end up running these two battles a little too fast and loose for my liking (with Davaeorn we were a single failed save against Sunfire from an ended run). I like to think I would've been able to deal with it had Aldain gotten Confused, but you can never be sure.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited November 2016
    @lroumen , I'm not sure what you mean by "purple pink hand", as I don't see one, but are you possibly referring to Semaj standing there with Mirror Images and Protection from Normal Missiles? It appears that @CrevsDaak chose to focus on killing Sarevok and ignored Semaj, since he also appears to have read a green scroll of Protection from Magic. Although I'm not sure how he handled Sarevok without any magical buffs or potions.

Edit: Wait, I see buffs on the character portrait. Does the green scroll not negate potion buffs? If so, I didn't know that.
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    @BelgarathMTH Pretty sure it only negate spells.
    edited November 2016

I am wondering whether Dynaheir still remembers spells learnt in BG1 when she gets to SoD.

Steinarr traveled with Dynie in BG1 and SoD. I'm almost totally certain that she will retain her spellbook. Don't worry when she says she has to go back to Rashemen after the first dungeon... It's not hard to track her down. Hamsters and rangers everywhere, rejoice!

@lroumen , I'm not sure what you mean by "purple pink hand", as I don't see one, but are you possibly referring to Semaj standing there with Mirror Images and Protection from Normal Missiles? It appears that @CrevsDaak chose to focus on killing Sarevok and ignored Semaj, since he also appears to have read a green scroll of Protection from Magic. Although I'm not sure how he handled Sarevok without any magical buffs or potions.

Edit: Wait, I see buffs on the character portrait. Does the green scroll not negate potion buffs? If so, I didn't know that.

I know what he means. One of the mages who has cast mirror image looks just like a purple /pink hand.

I know what he means. One of the mages who has cast mirror image looks just like a purple /pink hand.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    @BelgarathMTH @Wise_Grimwald yes I thought it looked quite funny on my cellphone :). New magic spell, the purple hands of doom.
    @MacHurto, that update is a win, for sure. Looking forward to more!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    So interesting, @Serg_BlackStrider, to see differencies between your version and the EEs, like unfriendly Entangle. Good progress! And yes, kobold commandos are nasty!