"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,858
    @aldain An epic quest. :)
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,321
    edited November 2016
    Borco said:

there isn't a single reason not to be a halfling

I agree halflings are nice, but the inability to get natural strength above 18 in BGEE is a bit of a downside for a fighter ...

Anyhow, I'm still dying to get a wildmage with the robe of vecna in a no-reload run (see you at the bottom of watchers keep!), so I'll have to try again eventually. Low hp and high AC is tough though.

If you're in a party then why not travel invisibly? Casting your own spells is dangerous in BG1, but there's a huge choice of wands and other items that would still allow you to make a good contribution to the party.
  • AasimAasim Member Posts: 591
    Grond0 said:

where Robin showed off by killing all 3 greater basilisks using a single mirroring potion.

Heh, that had to be close...
    edited November 2016
    I had several other archers standing by in stealth in case things got a bit too close, but in fact he had over 2 rounds spare - archers are pretty vicious anyway and with Hakt's bow and wearing bracers of weapon expertise Robin was super-powered even by archer standards B).
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,858
    edited November 2016
    Grond0 said:

They cleared the upper levels and the roof - where Robin showed off by killing all 3 greater basilisks using a single mirroring potion.

I haven't come across a mirroring potion. Is it from a mod?