Skip to content

[MOD] -NPC_EE- ... Non-Player Characters Enhanced, for Everyone!

Comments

• GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    I just saw the post you made on the EET G3 forum and I can confirm that it seems to work much better on my current game, thanks!
  • DarkersunDarkersun Member Posts: 398
    edited December 2016
    Hi subtledoctor, when I change the class or kit of an NPC, will it also change the unique armor & weapons for NPCs? So that they can be used? (If I remember correctly these items are not restricted by the NPC, there are restricted by the specific combination of class/kit and attributes).

For example can Valygar still use his Corthala Family Armor & Corthala Family Blade, when I change him to a Fighter/Wizard Slayer?
    When I remembered correctly, I changed his class with EEkeeper and he was no longer able to use them.
  • RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 711
    @subtledoctor Just wanted to let you know that while this mod still works on the newest version of BG2EE (and I love it), it does seem to have a slight compatibility issue with the dialogue box. Once I select a kit to see the details, the scrollbar gets offset so I can't actually scroll down far enough to pick the go back option - only "adopt this kit." Interestingly, installing Lefreut's 1.3ish dialogue box fixed the issue.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 711
    Good to know. To be honest, I so rarely use the default UI that it's not a big issue for me, but hopefully Beamdog will fix it.
  • This is cool. My Dynaheir is now a Sorcerer (a Favoured Soul, in fact) and Minsc, poor Minsc, is now a Berserker. Alas, the call of Nature he heard was but a figment of his brain-damaged imagination.
    Contemplative_Hamster
    RatatoskrRaduzielMantis37
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848

Actually this option is no longer there. The basic workings of the mod have changed, now kit changes happen in-game, not during the Weidu installation. It's a much more flexible system in general, but it loses the "drop to level 1" option.

Ah, I see. Do you think there's a possibility that you'll add it back in somewhere down the line? If not, I guess I'll have to keep waiting for an update to Lv1 NPCs. The "drop to level 1" option is too valuable for me to pass up, unfortunately :/
    You could just increase the amount of experience in Shadowkeeper.
  • MasterChefMasterChef Member Posts: 43
    Quick question - can we use this mod to apply multiclass kits to CHARNAMEs as well? I tried assigning the "choose kit" ability to my multiclassed main character but no dialogue boxes appeared to let me select a kit.
    edited March 2017

Quick question - can we use this mod to apply multiclass kits to CHARNAMEs as well? I tried assigning the "choose kit" ability to my multiclassed main character but no dialogue boxes appeared to let me select a kit.

You can, but it will be for only one of the classes and you can only use one kit. You can't choose which class it will be for. :( However if you want to choose which class you want to be kitted, there is always EE-keeper.
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    Hmm, so I made sure to install the multiclass kits component of the mod (so Jaheira can choose a multikit) but when I assign and use the proper innate on my mage/thief multi the kit choice dialogue window does not appear. If it matters, I use the BWS mod to install all my mods.

Am I not doing this correctly? And if this is not the right mod to assign multiclass kits to a main, is there a mod out there that does?

Thanks!
    edited March 2017

Hmm, so I made sure to install the multiclass kits component of the mod (so Jaheira can choose a multikit) but when I assign and use the proper innate on my mage/thief multi the kit choice dialogue window does not appear. If it matters, I use the BWS mod to install all my mods.

Am I not doing this correctly? And if this is not the right mod to assign multiclass kits to a main, is there a mod out there that does?

Thanks!

This is the correct mod and it used to work fine on my installation, however, since GOG did an update, it doesn't any more. The game crashes when I click on the icon. Have you got a GOG installation by any chance?
    No I bought my game from Beamdog directly. The icon also shows up for NPC multiclasses (and allows me to choose a kit without crashing) but not for the main character.

No I bought my game from Beamdog directly. The icon also shows up for NPC multiclasses (and allows me to choose a kit without crashing) but not for the main character.

Not the same problem then.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,270
    @MasterChef @Wise_Grimwald I have the same problem without using BWS
    Hmm just uninstalled and reinstalled my game with the mod and now it looks like it works.
    @subtledoctor
    Clean BG1EE+SoD from Beamdog, weidu log:
    // Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version] ~NPC_EE/NPC_EE.TP2~ #0 #102 // Choose a class for Imoen -> Make Imoen a multiclass mage/thief: v2.6.5 ~NPC_EE/NPC_EE.TP2~ #0 #121 // Choose a class for Jaheira -> Make Jaheira a druid: v2.6.5 ~NPC_EE/NPC_EE.TP2~ #0 #141 // Choose a class for Khalid -> Make Khalid a ranger/cleric: v2.6.5 ~NPC_EE/NPC_EE.TP2~ #0 #161 // Choose a class for Minsc -> Make Minsc a fighter: v2.6.5 ~NPC_EE/NPC_EE.TP2~ #0 #181 // Choose a class for Dynaheir -> Make Dynaheir a sorcerer: v2.6.5 ~NPC_EE/NPC_EE.TP2~ #0 #221 // Choose a class for Coran -> Make Coran a thief: v2.6.5 ~NPC_EE/NPC_EE.TP2~ #0 #242 // Choose a class for Branwen -> Make Branwen a multiclass fighter/cleric: v2.6.5 ~NPC_EE/NPC_EE.TP2~ #0 #302 // Choose a class for Xzar -> Make Xzar a necromancer/cleric: v2.6.5 ~NPC_EE/NPC_EE.TP2~ #0 #321 // Choose a class for Montaron -> Make Montaron a thief: v2.6.5 ~NPC_EE/NPC_EE.TP2~ #0 #464 // Choose a class for Alora -> Make Alora a cleric/thief: v2.6.5 ~NPC_EE/NPC_EE.TP2~ #0 #483 // Choose a class for Xan -> Make Xan a fighter/mage: v2.6.5 ~NPC_EE/NPC_EE.TP2~ #0 #583 // Choose a class for Viconia -> Make Viconia a cleric/thief: v2.6.5 ~NPC_EE/NPC_EE.TP2~ #0 #621 // Choose a class for Neera -> Make Neera a sorcerer: v2.6.5 ~NPC_EE/NPC_EE.TP2~ #0 #2000 // NPC kit choices: v2.6.5 ~NPC_EE/NPC_EE.TP2~ #0 #3000 // multiclass kit choice: v2.6.5
    Is there any difference between Thief/Mage and Mage/Thief ? Imoen is the second one and still, her "choose kit" ability doesn't tiger kit selection dialogue.
    edited March 2017
    @ALIEN No there is no difference between Thief/Mage and Mage/Thief. Also there is a difference between a tiger and a trigger. :D
    @subtledoctor Thanks. Working fine now. :) (Only tested in Candlekeep so far.)
    @subtledoctor Fixed, thanks :)
    edited March 2017
    @subtledoctor I have the same problem as ALIEN. I will therefore try 2.6.6 and let you know. Will I need a fresh installation or should uninstalling your mod and re-installing it do the trick?

EDIT

I didn't need a fresh installation. :) Imoen is now a thief/illusionist. :) and my character is a fighter/assassin.

There is a minor problem which I can work around. When the kit is applied, there is only the option to accept the kit selected in the first place. Since you put option one in there to accept the kit, I assume that there should also be an option 2 to reject it and try another. Is that so, or is that something on your to-do list?

By the way, it's a great mod! :)
    Wise_Grimwald
  • SomeSortSomeSort Member Posts: 859
    Hey @subtledoctor, the current sale finally motivated me to grab the BGs on my laptop so I could mod them, and this one was the first one I grabbed. (And the last one I installed.) Like you said, it's a really slick way to add a lot of replayability, and was a major motivation for me to get a second copy of the games.

I'm running a clean install on OSX, and the only mods I have going are Sirene, Continuous Viconia, Portraits Portraits Everywhere, IWDification (just the bard song component), aTweaks, and NPC_EE, in that order.

One thing I've noticed is that the multiclass characters in my party wind up getting two instances of their kit-change innate, and when I use one it gets replaced. So for instance I just rekitted Montaron six times in a row. I generally regard this as a complete non-issue, since the kit-change mechanic is already a minor fourth-wall break, and I can just ignore it.

The other thing I've noticed is that the order of preference on the classes seems to be backward. My Mage/Thieves and Fighter/Mages are both getting Mage kits, my Fighter/Thieves are all getting Thief kits, and my Fighter/Druid is getting a Druid kit.

I haven't tested any Triple-classes, Fighter/Clerics, or Ranger/Clerics, but I'd bet dollars to donuts they're getting a mage, fighter, and cleric kit, respectively.

Not that this makes a big difference either way. In some ways, it's optimal, (I prefer Jahiera as a Fighter/Avenger, and Fighter/Swashbuckler is pure cheese). In other ways, it's not, (I'd love to make a Fighter/Priest of Lathander, and I generally consider mage kits the least interesting kits in vanilla).

Just figured I'd shoot you a note letting you know that observed behavior wasn't expected behavior, even if the difference between the two is a virtual non-issue for me.

Thanks again for the mod!
    I can appreciate that, just wanted to shoot you a heads up that observed behavior was diverging from expected behavior based on the readme.
    edited May 2017
    I grabbed Alora, who I'd swapped over to a Cleric/Thief, but without the Brandobaris kit installed. It turns out my previous guess that the list was going in the opposite order was wrong; using the innate granted her a cleric kit, as expected. (Testing confirms that F/Cs also get Cleric kits, as expected.)

But vanilla C/T Alora actually starts out without any usable proficiencies. She has dagger and shortbow, which she can't equip. (Technically she also has a "usable" pip in Two-weapon style, too.)

Edit: It's worse than I thought. For some reason she can't use any cleric weapons like flails, maces, or morning stars. She can put proficiency points there, she just can't equip them. For some reason it looks like all she can wield are Quarterstaffs, Clubs, and Slings-- the stuff at the intersection of Cleric and Thief restrictions, in other words.
    Post edited by SomeSort on