Skip to content

[Testers Wanted] Tweaks is dead. Long live Tweaks!

Comments

• ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    thanks
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I believe I have found a bug. I use the component to remove racial restrictions on classes, but when I tried to roll a gnome fighter/illusionist, the gnome specific illusionist multiclasses were no longer available.
    rorikon
  • rorikonrorikon Member Posts: 105
    Yeah, I can confirm that issue. I actually had to temporarily remove my override folder, generate my fighter/illusionist as normal, then save, quit, and put the override folder back before playing, which was a tad tedious :)
    ThacoBell
    I had to tweak it in with eekeeper
    jackjack
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    The component "Stores Purchase All Item Types" should exclude Officer Vai's store (STOVAI2.STO) in BG1 which is used to sell her all your collected bandit scalps.

It provides a buy markup value of 100% which is higher than every other store available in the game and means that you can sell her all your items at their original price.
    jackjack
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    Wouldn't that mean you could technically buy out entire stores elsewhere, and sell them with profit.

Also keep in mind that there's a mod that replaces Vai with another NPC once you enter chapter 4. If you exclude Vai, you should also exclude this NPC:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/56035/v1-1-convenient-dialogue-tweaks/p1
    Not necessarily, since sell markups of stores are usually 130% or higher. But it might work for charismatic characters with high reputation. It could be worse if you were able to buy the stuff back from Officer Vai. With high reputation and charisma you would be able to buy it back at a lower rate then for what you've sold it. :D

Btw, the mod appears to use the same store.
    Ah, I have no idea about the technical background of things, if it's linked to Vai directly, or to the "store" that she's linked to.

I generally play paladins/cavaliers, so it's quite easy to run around with high charisma and 20 reputation, and being able to buy items for roughly 20% more than what they sell for.

I haven't enabled that one tweak, though. There's really no need to sell anything in BG1. There's enough gold itself to buy anything you want without the need to sell a single item (though I admit to selling winter wolf pelts in Nashkel, and Ankheg plates in Beregost, but those are dialogue options, not actual sales.
    The dog meat from de'Arnise Keep should not be turned into stackable items. Using the meat with the stove will remove the whole stack at once which leaves this option to deal with the umberhulks unsolvable.
    jackjack
  • StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 346
    argent77 said:

The dog meat from de'Arnise Keep should not be turned into stackable items. Using the meat with the stove will remove the whole stack at once which leaves this option to deal with the umberhulks unsolvable.

The three demon hearts found in the planar sphere quest shouldn't stack too. At least one of the extra hearts can be used for an itemupgrade mod recipe.
    It really depends on how the item is taken from the party by script. There are script actions that can take the whole stack and actions that can explicitly take a single item from a stack.
    The stove script for the dog meat uses the former action. A workaround for this issue is by manually placing each piece of meat into a separate inventory slot (which is possible since patch 2.0).
  • LeapchildLeapchild Member Posts: 2
    Alter hostile spawn on rest doesn't work in my Icewind Dale EE savegame. Other tweaks work. I still have to wake up to monsters almost every time I rest!
  • CaelenCaelen Member Posts: 19
    edited September 2016
    I started a new IWDEE game and ran into an interesting problem. Many of the spell descriptions were replaced with snippets of the Avatar Morphing Script, such as a phrase saying monks aren't allowed to morph. Magic Missile and Chromatic Orb were both affected, amongst several others. One of the spells also had the description for one of the indigo containers. I tried reinstalling the tweak pack without the morphing script and with the fixes only version of unique containers, but the problems persisted. They aren't uninstalled correctly it seems. I'm currently trying again with a clean reinstall to see if the problem goes away.

Edit: Clean reinstall successfully removed the problem.
    Caelen: Your dialog.tlk got corrupted.
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    I'm testing the latest release of EET and the "Remove experience cap" component of cdtweaks seems to have a conflict with another mod of my install order, it installs fine on vanilla EET but doesn't with the previously loaded mods.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5dms8ch9qmis4f8/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.7z?dl=0

Did I miss something obvious? Install order is approved by BWS though so if there is an incompatibility i'll report it to BWS.
  • inethineth Member Posts: 707
    What's going on with this mod, has development stalled?

(Also, the github repo and Gibberlings download page have beta 5, while the top post of this thread still links to beta 4.)
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited December 2016
    I have the same question as @ineth, basically. Is the Tweaks Anthology still being worked on to make it compatible with Siege of Dragonspear? I had to download a copy of BG:EE without SoD so I could use the features I want, especially "BG1 weapon proficiencies..."

That feature currently corrupts weapon description strings in SoD. I've read that NPC Project corrupts the dialogue strings.

I wonder why Beamdog had to change all the string numbers for SoD? What has that done to mod compatibility? Are we talking thousands of string numbers that would have to be revised, and then two versions of all the mods that affect strings, for both SoD and non-SoD installations?

That seems kind of, well, bad, for a product that is supposed to be modder friendly, especially since Beamdog seems to really want users to use the SoD version of the game. (When I downloaded my non-SoD copy, I got a screen that basically said "Are you sure you want to do this? We strongly advise you to download the expansion version."
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @BelgarathMTH Are you using the Steam or GOG versions of SoD? Tweaks works fine for me. Addmiteddly I do not use the BG1 weapon proficiences part. NPC project causes no problems for me either.
    @ThacoBell , I own Steam and Beamdog versions. "BG1 Weapon Proficiencies" corrupts weapon description strings in both versions. The rest of it that doesn't have to alter hundreds or thousands of files to work may work just fine, but the weapon proficiencies change is the main component I want.
    Okay then, sorry I can't really help more.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited December 2016
    @subteldoctor, I mean the references are pointing to the wrong strings altogether. You might see a journal entry, or a piece of dialogue from somewhere, instead of the weapon description, completely randomly. It's really messed up bad.

Sorry, no screenshot. I'm not messing up my installs again just to get one.

I'm just not going to play SoD any more unless I see fixes. I've found other problems with SoD installs, even without mods, such as Werewolf Island having extra greater wolfweres besides Karoug, outside the ship.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    @BelgarathMTH for what it's worth, I believe the Greater Wolfwere bug has been fixed in the latest patch. I've experienced it as well, but not in my latest game.

It's very unfortunate that the BG1-style proficiencies are currently broken, indeed.
    BelgarathMTH
    edited December 2016
    @BelgarathMTH A quick test showed no corrupted or misindexed item description strings caused by the component "BG-Style Weapon Proficiencies". The new proficiency types for weapons were as expected (Spiked Weapons, Bow, Missile, ...).

It sounds more like you forgot to use modmerge before installing mods. It's required for SoD from GOG or Steam. Either that or you have accidently selected the wrong WeiDU language when you were installing your first mod. You can check weidu.conf to make sure (it should contain "lang_dir = en_us" for English language).
    BelgarathMTHJuliusBorisovThacoBellGrammarsalad
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    BelgarathMTHThacoBell
    argent77 said:

@BelgarathMTH A quick test showed no corrupted or misindexed item description strings caused by the component "BG-Style Weapon Proficiencies". The new proficiency types for weapons were as expected (Spiked Weapons, Bow, Missile, ...).

It sounds more like you forgot to use modmerge before installing mods. It's required for SoD from GOG or Steam. Either that or you have accidently selected the wrong WeiDU language when you were installing your first mod. You can check weidu.conf to make sure (it should contain "lang_dir = en_us" for English language).

That could be the problem, because I didn't know about a "modmerge". However, the problem occurs on a Beamdog client install as well.
    Try to use it on a modmerged install, after making a new game and see if it still shows up. If it still does, give your entire weidu.log (with spoiler tags) as it could very well be another component that messes up the weapons.
    JuliusBorisov
    @GrimLefourbe , I'm pretty sure not having modmerge is definitely the problem, because my same problem is mentioned in the last few posts in the modmerge thread.

I appreciate all the help from everyone in tracking down the problem for me. But I'm not up for installing modmerge at this time, because I have my installations where I want them for the runs I'm currently playing, and installing modmerge sounds complicated and risky to me.

I agree with what somebody said early in the modmerge thread about "having to install a mod to install a mod". That's just not something I want to fool with right now.

I won't be playing SoD for some time anyway, for reasons unrelated to these tech problems.

Again, thank you very much to all the posters here who have kindly offered their help.
    :| modmerge is very easy to install and you can backup your folder after the modmerge process. Beamdog even has a pretty good excuse for "having to install a mod to install a mod" as this is only due to the way DLCs work on Steam/GoG. You do you though.
This discussion has been closed.