Skip to content

[Testers Wanted] Tweaks is dead. Long live Tweaks!

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KaitekKaitek Member Posts: 43
    I installed the happy patch component "NPCs get angry but never leave" but it doesn't seem to be working, Shar-Teel just left my party, my reputation is at 16. At first I got her "I'll give you a day to prove yourself" dialog and then she just left the party after her "I've had it, I'm never joining a male party again" monologue.
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    I install the ToB-Style NPCs (between other thing from this mod that are working so far) and it didn't work for the mod npc I have, I am level 4 and I just pick up Finch NPC and she just don't level after joining just stay level 1. I'm using BG -sod installer.
    Gozeta
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    edited May 2016
    kaguana said:

I install the ToB-Style NPCs (between other thing from this mod that are working so far) and it didn't work for the mod npc I have, I am level 4 and I just pick up Finch NPC and she just don't level after joining just stay level 1. I'm using BG -sod installer.

@kaguana, it does work for Finch. I've just tested it (I don't have SOD, but that shouldn't be a problem at the moment). However

1) you must install Finch before Tweaks
    2) Finch's level is based on the XP the player has the first time he/she enters Beregost, instead of when entering the area where Finch is.
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    @Erg Of course I instal Finch first before tweaks, and if her level is base on the first time one enter Beregost that mean she will be a really low level, isn't that mod suppose to level up the NPC once he/she take the NPC for the first time?
  • TheMetaphysicianTheMetaphysician Member Posts: 76
    There is a minor issue with the "scrolls cast at character level" component: thieves with UAI count as having a caster level of either 0 or 1, so this nerfs scrolls they cast and wands they use significantly. I tried raising the guy's caster level in eekeeper, with the effect that raises caster level, but it only worked for characters who already have caster levels (so not my thief).
  • KorendilKorendil Member Posts: 11
    Does anyone know if Remove Traps/Locks works as of yet for 2.0 BgG1/Siege?
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited May 2016
    It should work fine for thieves with UAI, since it sets the caster level of the scroll to a fixed value (based on the spell level of the scroll). You can get it at the link below or as part of EET Tweaks.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/46720/scroll-caster-level-mod-now-part-of-eet-tweaks

EDIT: Although if what you're after is your thief being able to use scrolls at a caster level of 20+, my mod won't help. It uses a formula (from the 2nd Edition DMG) of "Caster Level = Minimum level to cast the spell + 1" (with a hard minimum of 6). So, Fireball scrolls always cast at 6th level (i.e. 6d6 damage).
    Post edited by AstroBryGuy on
    jackjackGrammarsaladJuliusBorisov
    jackjackAstroBryGuyGrammarsaladJuliusBorisov
    Yeah, I was actually aware of astrobryguy's mod; I think that's what you'd have to use if you wanted your thief to function as a Mage with UAI. Subtledoctor's point about it being a feature rather than a bug crossed my mind too.

Item revisions has a change that lets thieves use wands even without UAI; this point is relevant there too.

I didn't think this warrants a change. I just thought it was worth pointing out, and maybe specifying in the readme. The "character level" phrasing is possibly misleading.
    I love the reference to Scotus in your name, by the way, Subtledoctor. Thoroughly enjoyable.
    jackjack
  • KorendilKorendil Member Posts: 11
    My main issue is that I've played through the BG series multiple times and have never found traps a rewarding mechanic. It never adds tension to a dungeon, all it does is bloat the time/annoy me with awkward mechanics - they also take away the 'adventuring' feel for me, because I'm always faffing around trying to disable traps instead of taking in my surroundings and enjoying the atmosphere.

So with the 'NO TRAPS' mod I felt I had a more fun experience with the game, and created my party with no thieves in either.

If this mod no longer works, what's an alternative work around for me?

Thanks guys!
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    @CamDawg There is a small bug in the component "Rebalanced Weapon Proficiencies" which doesn't correctly replace the proficiency type string for "scimitar/wakizashi/ninja-to". It seems to choke on the character 'ō' from "ninja-tō" which results in an unprintable character left behind in the item description.
  • KilionvicKilionvic Member Posts: 1
    Ysil69 said:

Having trouble with tweaks. Just installed it today, and my characters start off dead... shows the death screen and everything, but it's all just a black screen with creaking. Even after I skip the death movie it's a black screen with creaking... Only other mod I have is Eldritch Magic.

I also have this same exact weird bug. By pressing the map button I can see that I am on a forested map, surrounded by enemies but the screen is black outside the map screen. Sounds play normally and soon enough I die, watch the video, then cannot load a game as the screen stays black and I have to kill the process. I also have the Eldritch Magic mod.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    edited June 2016
    Spell progression tables for Shamans beyond level 40 need to be added. At the moment, leveling up to 41+ causes the shaman to lose the ability to cast all of their known spells, setting all of their spells per day to 0.
    JuliusBorisovjackjack
  • sirnephilimsirnephilim Member Posts: 2
    BG1EE Steam Edition (/w Siege of Dragonspear)

There seems to be an issue with the "X" Style Weapon Proficiencies tweak, as proficiency names and descriptions as well as item descriptions are being replaced with strings from elsewhere in the game. For example the BG1 Style Weapon Proficiencies With Weapon Styles version replaces the description for a quarterstaff with "Imoen will be all right?"

I haven't tested every option yet but there are issues at least with IWD and BG1 style proficiencies (both with styles) and most if not all of the strings seem to be pulling from Dragonspear, but my memory isn't good enough to say that with 100% confidence.

Since proficiencies are a big peeve of mine (20 different sword types but apparently axes are generic?) this tweak is much missed.
    mf2112
    mf2112
  • sirnephilimsirnephilim Member Posts: 2
    Gah, my bad. Too used to the old tweak packs and didn't even think there might be a new step now. Thanks much!
    jackjack
  • RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426
    I know this is *probably* written in the OP/readme, but I would just like to have the confirmation, if I need these mods anymore, with Anthology: Thanks in advance! :kissing_smiling_eyes:
  • RamshineRamshine Member Posts: 36
    Is there a tweak that provides non human duel classing? thats the only thing i really am looking for. (want to make a Kenzai Mage). Have know idea what im doing and could use a hand T_T
  • RamshineRamshine Member Posts: 36
    Ramshine said:

Is there a tweak that provides non human duel classing? thats the only thing i really am looking for. (want to make a Kenzai Mage). Have know idea what im doing and could use a hand T_T

Also I dont really understand how to set it up. when I download the anthology i get this message.

"Please run this pogram into your Infinity Game Engine.

FATAL ERROR: Failure "Not a Game Directory"'
  • AnaxieAnaxie Member Posts: 79
    edited July 2016
    ~REQUEST~
    Can PnP free action be added into Tweaks anthology? it's really annoying to have to tweak these manually.
    make haste and boots of speed work with.

Potion of Freedom, Ring of Free Action, Flail of Ages +5, Ixiths Spike, Keldorn Armor, Spiders bane, and anything else I'm missing.

~REQUEST~
    Make a Tweak to remove the blur from Cloak of Displacement and Claw of kazgorath I doubt the vast majority enjoy having the ugly as hell blur with these great items.

Override files can be found for the above. But they shouldn't have to be because these are Tweaks. Something Tweaks Anthology and It's Legacy versions should of had from the start.

~QUERY~
    Is there a mod or a way to change the color of the Human Flesh +5 to black / desired color. The default color is distasteful even if it is skin.

Is this doable with EEkeeper? Any info would be appreciated fully.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    edited July 2016
    @Ramshine said:

Ramshine said:

Also I dont really understand how to set it up. when I download the anthology i get this message.

"Please run this pogram into your Infinity Game Engine.

FATAL ERROR: Failure "Not a Game Directory"'
    Install it into the same folder as the chitin.key file. Example my install folder is;

C:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate Siege of Dragonspear\Data\00806

And yes there is a tweak to allow non human dual classing (and also a variety of other options). I'd suggest giving the readme a good read as the info is there.
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    There's a problem with the BG Style Weapon Proficiencies option of the Alter Weapon Proficiency System tweak.

It seems that if a character has pips in different weapons that are combined in the same category, only the pips from one of these weapons is taken, and the pips in the other weapons are ignored completely. For example, Ajantis has 2 pips in Bastard Swords, and 1 pip in Two-handed Swords, and ends up with 1 pip in Large Swords.

At the least, the weapon with the most pips should determine the amount of pips in the category.

Preferably, any other 'wasted' pips should be moved into other categories (perhaps whichever other category has a pip, or perhaps just assigning them at random).

Ajantis goes from 4 to 2 pips:
    Before: **Bastard Swords, *Two-handed Swords, *Longbows.
    After: *Large Swords, *Bows.
    Vanilla: **Large Swords, *Blunt Weapons, *Bows.
    Instead of a pip in Blunt Weapons, he could be given a 2nd pip in Bows, a pip in Twohanded Weapon Style, or perhaps a pip in Sword and Shield style.

Jaheira goes from 4 to 2 pips:
    Before: **Club, *Quarterstaff, *Sling.
    After: *Blunt Weapons, *Missile Weapons.
    Vanilla: **Blunt Weapons, **Missile Weapons.
    Instead of a second pip in Missile Weapons, she could be given a pip in Large Swords.

Rasaad goes from 2 to 1 pip:
    Before: *Scimitar, *Katana.
    After: *Large Swords.
    No vanilla data, of course. He could be given a pip in Missile Weapons or Single Weapon Style.
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    what's the difference between this mod and EET (enhanced edition trilogy) Tweaks?
    jackjack
This discussion has been closed.