Skip to content

[Testers Wanted] Tweaks is dead. Long live Tweaks!

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    "You do you, and I'll do me, and we won't do each other. Probably."
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    JuliusBorisov
  • MercilecMercilec Member Posts: 55
    Why the title says Tweaks is dead?

Also i noticed that many things this mod does also does another Tweak mod. I guess thats related?
    @Mercilec Its related in that this tweaks mod is a compilation of several older tweak packs.
    JuliusBorisov
  • MercilecMercilec Member Posts: 55
    So as an "ultimate" Tweaks pack i should go with this one? :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Mercilec
    Mercilec said:

So as an "ultimate" Tweaks pack i should go with this one? :)

It probably has the most compiled tweaks to choose from, but there are a couple other tweaks mods out there that do some different things. atweaks also comes to mind, tweaks anthology just happens to be my personal favorite.
    Mercilec
  • MadrictMadrict Member Posts: 141
    edited April 2017
    Just a question, does this mod let me romance Anomen as a male pc? I tried the old version and that didnt seem to work when I installed that component :(
    Post edited by Madrict on
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Hey, did I miss anything?
    JuliusBorisovRodrian
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    CamDawg said:

Hey, did I miss anything?

Lol, probably!
    JuliusBorisov
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Flashburn said:

Spell progression tables for Shamans beyond level 40 need to be added. At the moment, leveling up to 41+ causes the shaman to lose the ability to cast all of their known spells, setting all of their spells per day to 0.

Please make sure you fix this.
  • MadrictMadrict Member Posts: 141
    CamDawg said:

Seriously though, I'm looking to have v1--or at least an RC--done this week, so this is your last call for new ideas/bug reports. Besides what's already been posted, of course.

Hello, I just have a question about the component to remove gender gating for the original BG2 romances.

I want to romance Anomen as a male but when I install this component it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Is it confirmed to be working? Maybe I have stuffed up my mods somehow :(
    rorikon said:

Yeah, I can confirm that issue. I actually had to temporarily remove my override folder, generate my fighter/illusionist as normal, then save, quit, and put the override folder back before playing, which was a tad tedious :)

I'll look into it, but the most likely outcome is that I'll need to update the component description. Everything to do with gnomes and their special illusionist stuff is hardcoded, I'm afraid.
    argent77 said:

The component "Stores Purchase All Item Types" should exclude Officer Vai's store (STOVAI2.STO) in BG1 which is used to sell her all your collected bandit scalps.

It provides a buy markup value of 100% which is higher than every other store available in the game and means that you can sell her all your items at their original price.

What I've done is altered the component to ignore stores where the buy/sell markup opens this kind of exploitable loophole.
    argent77 said:

The dog meat from de'Arnise Keep should not be turned into stackable items. Using the meat with the stove will remove the whole stack at once which leaves this option to deal with the umberhulks unsolvable.

Both the gem and scroll stacking can extend stacking to previously unstackable items; I've added an extra step that will search scripts and dialogues and replace these 'grab stack' actions with 'grab 1 item' actions for these newly stackable items, such as the stove and the dog meat. There had previously been an exception along these lines for the Nashkel store and winter wolf pelts, and now this will be handled in a broader, more robust, and extensible fashion. Potions and ammo only had stack sizes increase so it's not applicable there.

I'm testing the latest release of EET and the "Remove experience cap" component of cdtweaks seems to have a conflict with another mod of my install order, it installs fine on vanilla EET but doesn't with the previously loaded mods.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5dms8ch9qmis4f8/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.7z?dl=0

Did I miss something obvious? Install order is approved by BWS though so if there is an incompatibility i'll report it to BWS.

Something has broken your backstab table, which is where Tweaks is choking.

On to page 6.
    JuliusBorisovRodrian
    @CamDawg I can second the Shar-Teel bug. The exact same thing happens to me every game. She seems to be completely unaffected by the happy patch.
    @argent77 may have just solved the ninja-to problem for me, too.

@sarevok57 is letting me nab his Exceptional Strength Weight Limit Changes idea, so this is in as well.
    ThacoBell said:

@CamDawg I can second the Shar-Teel bug. The exact same thing happens to me every game. She seems to be completely unaffected by the happy patch.

Any more details on the circumstances, other mods, etc.? AFAICT, she uses the same mechanisms to leave when unhappy as everyone else, so I'm a little baffled as to the source.

sarevok57JuliusBorisovGrammarsaladRodrian
  • badungubadungu Member Posts: 53
    edited June 2017
    @CamDawg,

I think the Shar-Teel "bug" is part of BG1NPCProject Phase 1....
    Started in bg1npc\phase1\baf\x#shar1.baf around line 122:
    ///* female pc high rep male in the party */ IF %BGT_VAR% RealGlobalTimerExpired("X#SharPCTalks","GLOBAL") ReputationGT(Player1,12) Gender(Player1,FEMALE) !Global("X#ShLowReputation","GLOBAL",2) !Global("X#ShMedReputation","GLOBAL",2) Global("X#ShHighReputation","GLOBAL",0) InParty(Myself) CombatCounter(0) !See([ENEMY]) !StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID) !StateCheck(Player1,CD_STATE_NOTVALID) OR(5) Gender(Player2,MALE) Gender(Player3,MALE) Gender(Player4,MALE) Gender(Player5,MALE) Gender(Player6,MALE) THEN RESPONSE #100 IncrementGlobal("X#ShHighReputation","GLOBAL",1) END IF %BGT_VAR% Global("X#ShHighReputation","GLOBAL",1) InParty(Myself) CombatCounter(0) !See([ENEMY]) !StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID) !StateCheck(Player1,CD_STATE_NOTVALID) THEN RESPONSE #100 PlaySong(0) PlaySound("shart99") StartDialogueNoSet(Player1) END ///* Male with high rep */ IF %BGT_VAR% RealGlobalTimerExpired("X#SharPCTalks","GLOBAL") Gender(Player1,MALE) ReputationGT(Player1,12) !Global("X#ShMale","GLOBAL",2) Global("X#ShHighMale","GLOBAL",0) InParty(Myself) CombatCounter(0) !See([ENEMY]) !StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID) !StateCheck(Player1,CD_STATE_NOTVALID) THEN RESPONSE #100 IncrementGlobal("X#ShHighMale","GLOBAL",1) END IF %BGT_VAR% Global("X#ShHighMale","GLOBAL",1) InParty(Myself) CombatCounter(0) !See([ENEMY]) !StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID) !StateCheck(Player1,CD_STATE_NOTVALID) THEN RESPONSE #100 PlaySong(0) PlaySound("shart99") StartDialogueNoSet(Player1) END

But I think that's not only a problem with Shar-Teel, because most NPCs in BG1NPCProject are using reputation triggers instead of happiness... ;)
    Post edited by badungu on
    ThacoBellCamDawgJuliusBorisov
    CamDawg said:

@argent77 may have just solved the ninja-to problem for me, too.

@sarevok57 is letting me nab his Exceptional Strength Weight Limit Changes idea, so this is in as well.

ThacoBell said:

Any more details on the circumstances, other mods, etc.? AFAICT, she uses the same mechanisms to leave when unhappy as everyone else, so I'm a little baffled as to the source.

I don't use many mods for BG1, but I do use NPCproject. If @Kaitek also uses it, that may very be the issue.
    badungu said:

@CamDawg,

I think the Shar-Teel "bug" is part of BG1NPCProject Phase 1....
    Started in bg1npc\phase1\baf\x#shar1.baf around line 122:

Yep, that'll be it. Cheers.
    ThacoBellRodrian
    Alright, so a couple of other updates here from the same thread on G3--I think I found the issue with locks/traps, and the backstab issue with the XP cap was actually an issue with an older version of subtledoctor's mod. For the XP Cap Remover, also fixed an additional issue that high-level characters in BGEE/SoD can get trapped at level-up since the game still has an HLA table but no HLAs.
    GrammarsaladAndreaColombo
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    edited June 2017
    Edit: wrong place, sorry. :*
    Post edited by Zaghoul on
  • LuisTsuranamiLuisTsuranami Member Posts: 10
    Hey guys, newb here

I apologize for my crude english. I want to report a bug, i guess. In Jovial Juggler inn the drink tab when u want to order drink from bartender seems bugged. Instead of drink that was usually offered by bartender, the drink tab seem filled with dialogue option and the sound a little distorted, you can still order those "dialogue" for 0 gold and the drink sound can be heard but nothing happen, no rumor, no drink effect. Other feature seem working perfectly, just this drink order in jovial, other bartender in beregost, candlekeep, and friendly arm work normally.

Other mod that i used is scs, and i still dont know which one caused the bug.
    @LuisTsuranami In what order did you install your mods?
    scs first, then tweak anthology.
    Tweaks should definitely go first. Have the launcher verify your game files to get a clean install and try again. The order that mods are installed is SUPER important.
    LuisTsuranami
    So thats where i mess up, seems no other bug other than that, kinda reluctant to restart but with instalation order wrong i should expect more bug than this so i will definitely do what u say. I cant play the game until sunday, though. Thanks for the help ThacoBell.
    ThacoBell
    No, problem. If you ever need help with the order to install certain mods, there are always people here willing to help.
    GrammarsaladLuisTsuranami
    i am back play the game again longer than i expected, and try to uninstall everything and reinstall again tweaks first and then scs, the bartender bug still occur and contrary to my previous post it seems the bartender at friendly arm-mirrorshade somethin- also affected by the bug. Try it without scs and it still occur so i guess i mess up with this mod installation somehow.

Well it actually not a gamebreaking bug for me since i rarely use drinking tab, and if i do it only for rp purpose so i kinda ok with it, just thought to reported this hopefully find solution.
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,015

i am back play the game again longer than i expected, and try to uninstall everything and reinstall again tweaks first and then scs, the bartender bug still occur and contrary to my previous post it seems the bartender at friendly arm-mirrorshade somethin- also affected by the bug. Try it without scs and it still occur so i guess i mess up with this mod installation somehow.

Well it actually not a gamebreaking bug for me since i rarely use drinking tab, and if i do it only for rp purpose so i kinda ok with it, just thought to reported this hopefully find solution.

@CamDawg I just found this same Jovial Juggler bartender bug in a new game. Instead of drinks, he offers text and gibberish for sale. I have not found this in other bars.

I have also noticed that heavy and light crossbows, as well as halberds cannot be sold to merchants (at least early game merchants, like FAI and Beregost merchants.

I did not have either issue in my prior Tweaks install, so seems to be new to the latest version. I updated to the latest version in October.
This discussion has been closed.