Skip to content

List of BG2EE Compatible Mods

Comments

• agb1agb1 Member Posts: 249
    edited December 2016
    Direct link to BiG World Fixpack README (includes download link):

https://github.com/BiGWorldProject/BiG-World-Fixpack#readme

If you are using BWS, the latest BiG World Fixpack patches will be applied for you automatically before any mods are installed. The following info is aimed mostly at users doing manual mod installation.

The BiG World Fixpack, which was originally Windows-only, is now cross-platform (the patching is done by a WeiDU script and cross-platform patch utility instead of Windows-only batch files, although it still comes with a Windows batch file for convenience) and can be used for manual installs without BWS (although as one of the maintainers of BWS, I encourage everyone installing mods on Windows to use it, as you'll sidestep a lot of problems). We're still working out some kinks with the Fixpack on Linux, but there have been successful installs with it.

Please note: The BiG World Fixpack is not a mod. It does not change anything in the game itself; it does not touch the override folder or your saved games; it does not install anything; it has no effect on mods that have already been installed. All it does is patch files in the various mods' pre-installation directories, so when you install a mod after it has been patched by the Fixpack, you are actually installing a modified version of the mod (to signify this, the Fixpack changes the VERSION line in each patched mod, usually appending "BWP fix" after it -- this VERSION line is what appears at the end of each mod/component line recorded in the WeiDU.log).

Regardless of which mods you plan to install, it's a good practice to:

1) Download and unpack all of the mods you plan to install into your game folder (some patches will only be applied when certain mod folders are seen, e.g., SCS + Spell Revisions => the Fixpack will patch SCS v30 into Kreso's Revised SCS for SR, but if SR folder is not present => the Fixpack will patch SCS v30 into K4thos' EET compatible SCS + various community patches, but will NOT apply Kreso's revisions -- because those do not work correctly without SR)

2) Run the BiG World Fixpack patching script (you can re-run it again if you download and unpack more mods)

3) Check the _ApplyPatches_verbose.log file for any "failed" or "reject"ed patches. If this happens, you can restore the original mod files, review the rejects yourself (look at .rej files) or PM me or ask for help on the forums. A fail/reject indicates a mismatch between the target files and what the Fixpack expected to find. This might mean that the Fixpack patch is out of date, but it also might mean that you are not using the latest version of the mod. The Fixpack's patcher script (_ApplyPatches.tp2) will prompt you whenever it sees a difference between the VERSION it expects to find and actual VERSION in the mod, so you should rarely see any failed patches unless you tell it to try anyway when it prompts you.

4) Proceed with installing the mods as usual.

By doing this, you will be assured of always using the latest community patches. The Fixpack is updated very often (sometimes more than once a day) as we are continually discovering (and solving) new issues, both with mods in isolation and with conflicts between mods. We also remove patches as soon as we become aware that they are outdated (i.e., after the mod authors/maintainers release new versions).

N.B. Do not apply any other "hotfixes" to the mod files before applying the Fixpack patches. We try to include all known hotfixes in the Fixpack, making it unnecessary to make other changes. If you see that the Fixpack did not make any changes (a list of all mods that have been patched by the Fixpack will be recorded in the BWP_Fixpack.installed text file created in your game folder), you can proceed with applying other hotfixes manually. Please inform us of any such missing hotfixes so they can be added (you can open an "Issue" on the Fixpack page on GitHub or PM me).

Thanks!
    Post edited by agb1 on
  • PhælinPhælin Member Posts: 316

@Przemkas As far as I'm aware, both unfinished business mods work. 1 for BG 1 and 1 for BG 2. If there's another one out there, I don't know about it.

Well yes, that's what I had in mind. Thanks, mate.

• DarkersunDarkersun Member Posts: 398
    edited December 2016
    @agb1 added the fix pack. Added a direct link to your post to keep the word count in the post down (it is getting to big ;)
    Also added Wilson Chronicles.
    @Przemkas added Tower of Deception.

Thank you :)

• RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 711
    Przemkas said:

@Przemkas As far as I'm aware, both unfinished business mods work. 1 for BG 1 and 1 for BG 2. If there's another one out there, I don't know about it.

Well yes, that's what I had in mind. Thanks, mate.

You're welcome. And just a note, but BGEE 2+ has it's own list over here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/50340/bg-ee-2-0-and-siege-of-dragonspear-compatible-mods/p1

That's all I checked.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2016
    Hello. Could you possibly add "Quick Save Slots Tweaks 1.2" to whatever section you think is appropriate?

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/49757/quick-save-slots-tweaks-1-2#latest
    edited December 2016
    @Darkersun I've been testing a number of mods and I have a few more to add to the list (probably more later as I get farther along). I haven't run these mods all the way through the game, but it's a start.

1. Aran Whitehand (NPC) appears to work just fine. The only glitch I've noticed is that all the people in his new tavern were standing against the back wall when I returned and that's not a huge deal: http://www.gibberlings3.net/aranw/index.php

2. Gavin (NPC) also appears to work fine. However, you may need the hotfix (either direct download or from the BWS fixpack) and his portraits need to be resized. Gavin: http://www.gibberlings3.net/gavin_bg2/
    Hotfix: http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=23639

3. Alassa (NPC): http://www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php?option=content&task=blogcategory&id=113&Itemid=84. This one works with some caveats. First, you have to edit the tp2 file to remove the TOB requirement. Other than that, her portrait also needs to be resized and the "wait here" option when reorganizing your party didn't work for me.

4. Just FYI, while Nathaniel does work for the most part, his family sword is bugged so it does damage to him whenever you load.

Finally, do you have any more details about the fix for Shadows Over Soulbar? I'm afraid that those instructions don't make any sense to me.
  • shadow85shadow85 Member Posts: 128
    Guys, if I make a fresh install of BG2EE, what mod(s) do i need to make it more challenging from start to finish?
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,702
    Updated Will and now Varshoon is also available for EE:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/839320/#Comment_839320
    @elminster thanks added under GUI (not sure where to put it)
    @Ratatoskr589 thanks, added with you comments
    @shadow85 Sword Coast Stratagems (as listed, needs a hotfix to work with the latest version correctly)
    @LavaDelVortel thanks, added both.

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Darkersun said:

@elminster thanks added under GUI (not sure where to put it)

Convenience Tweaks might work as well.
  • BCaesarBCaesar Member Posts: 454
    @Darkersun

I finished my No Race Restrictions mod. It works for BG1EE 2.0, BG2EE 2.0, and I'm told Icewind Dale 2.0 as well.

It removes all race restrictions for classes, so you can play any class with any race. It also adds in the missing animations for non-human monks and halfling mages.
    edited January 2017
    BCaesar said:

@Darkersun

I finished my No Race Restrictions mod. It works for BG1EE 2.0, BG2EE 2.0, and I'm told Icewind Dale 2.0 as well.

It removes all race restrictions for classes, so you can play any class with any race. It also adds in the missing animations for non-human monks and halfling mages.

Isn't that a component of Tweaks Anthology?
    What about dwarven paladins? They are still restricted in TA because of Charisma penalty.

@Przemkas Tweaks Anthology actually doesn't allow non-human monks because of the missing animations, although I'm not sure about the others. I haven't tried to make a dwarven paladin.
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    edited January 2017
    Is there a D'Arnise stronghold mod around by any chance? That adds a bit more complicated choice and consequence? Although anything that enhances the stronghold would be preferable at this point.

Like many who have focused on playing fighter classes, I am now sick and tired of doing the same stuff over and over again:P
  • saber0saber0 Member Posts: 84
    edited January 2017
    Does region of Terror mod work for EE?
    @Ratatoskr589 Than maybe try creating one. Please do tell about the outcome? Also I had no idea about monks, but that's because I really couldn't care less for the Mr. Miyagi wannabes.
    Przemkas said:

@Ratatoskr589 Than maybe try creating one. Please do tell about the outcome? Also I had no idea about monks, but that's because I really couldn't care less for the Mr. Miyagi wannabes.

I don't currently have this mod installed, but when I get around to checking it, I can drop you a line. Otherwise it would be a pretty quick test since all you'd need to do is install it and then start a new character.
  • BCaesarBCaesar Member Posts: 454
    Przemkas said:

BCaesar said:

@Darkersun

Isn't that a component of Tweaks Anthology?
    What about dwarven paladins? They are still restricted in TA because of Charisma penalty.

As Ratatoskr said I am told Tweaks Anthology doesn't have new animations meaning you can't create non-human monks or halfling mages.

Selecting Dwarven paladins did crash the game, but I fixed that just by lowering the min CHR needed to make a Paladin to 16. So in 1.01 you can now make a Dwarven Paladin or a non-dwarven Dwarven Defender.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/62804/no-race-restrictions-mod-version-1-01-for-baldurs-gate-2-or-bg1-enhanced-edition-2-0-and-later/
  • ReddbaneReddbane Member Posts: 222
    Are we adding soundsets now?

I have a full High Quality Soundset (All audio files ripped directly from the original game) that is compatible with BG2EE that I posted in the Soundset thread, though I fear it is lost in the massive thread. Since I'm not that good at Weidu it has to be installed manually, that is dropped in Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition/lang/en_US/sounds folder. Should I make a separate thread to be linked to or do you just need the download link? (included below)

It is also technically compatible with BG and SOD though you have to rename all the files with the names of one of the default soundsets and overwrite it in the en_US
    Reddbane said:

Kratos Aurion, from Tales of Symphonia, Soundset

I present to you my very first soundset, using the performance of Cam Clarke (you may remember him as the first three player voices in BG1, Aran Linvail in BG2, and many, many more) as Kratos Aurion ( http://aselia.wikia.com/wiki/Kratos_Aurion ), the mysterious mercenary party member from Tales of Sympohnia. All the sound files are of the highest quality possible, ripped straight from the Steam version of the game. Clarke’s performance is great, very subdued, calm, calculating, but not cold, with moments of emotion in times of danger, very good for any kind of player character morality wise, though given his clinical responses to danger it probably makes less sense for a chaotic or low intelligence character.
    I wasn’t able to make subtitles for the soundset; I tried following the directions in the first post but I apparently messed up on a step, so I just provided the sound files to drop in your sound folder. If there is enough positive feedback I might make soundsets for the rest of the characters in Symphonia, as I have all the sound files.

Here is the download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rvva8pjn819crhw/Kratos BG Soundset.rar?dl=0

Here is a transcript of the quotes:
    Selection: f, g, h, 0
    Kratosf: Yes?
    Kratosg: What now?
    Kratosh: Well then.
    Kratos0: What do you want to do?
    Action: i, j, k, s, t, u, v, (_)
    Kratosi: Indeed.
    Kratosj: I'll handle this.
    Kratosk: As you wish.
    Kratoss: I have no objections.
    Kratost: I'll show how it's done.
    Kratosu: I concur.
    Kratosv: Then I shall go.
    Kratos_: I Suppose.
    Rare Action: x, y
    Kratosx: In order to change something, you must do it yourself.
    Kratosy: We've come this far already.
    Attack: a, 8, 9
    Kratosa: Give them no quarter!
    Kratos8: Take them down quickly!
    Kratos9: I’m not going to hold back this time.
    Become Leader: b
    Kratosb: You'd best stand behind me.
    Tired: c
    Kratosc: Time to set up camp then.
    Bored: d
    Kratosd: We should get moving.
    Near Death: e
    Kratose: I will not fall so easily.
    Take Damage: l
    Kratosl: Uwh!
    Dead: m
    Kratosm: Nooo...
    Critical: z
    Kratosz: Judgement!
    Miss: 1
    Kratos1: This is absurd.
    Weapon Ineffective: 2
    Kratos2: It’s not working!
    Full Inventory: 3
    Kratos3: Isn’t that enough?
    Pickpocket: 4
    Kratos4: You shall have it.
    Sneak: 5
    Kratos5: Exactly...
    Spell Failed: 6
    Kratos6: I’ve failed.
    Set Trap: 7
    Kratos7: Trap. . . ready.
    A Friend Dies: w
    Kratosw: I won’t let you die!
    In Dungeon: p
    Kratosp: This area is too confined; it would be wise not to linger.
    IDWEE Rare Select: #
    Kratos#: I still have something I must do.

• megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    has anyone found a way to get the darian mod to work. tempest claims it is ee compatible but when trying to install you get an error that says tob must be installed when it is.

the mod maker is most likly never gonna fix this issue as he does not own bg2 ee and has no plans to.
    @megamike15 If the tob requirement is the only issue, you should be able to edit that away with Notepad++. You need to open the tp2 file and then delete the requirement (usually right at the beginning) that says tob must be installed. It's the same as making Alassa work from on the main page.

That should at least let you install the mod, but depending on the other code, I can't guarantee how well it will work.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    edited February 2017
    i did that but it gives an install error.

this is what i got after deleting both tob requirement lines

ERROR locating resource for 'CHAIN3'
    Resource [BVICON.DLG] not found in KEY file:
    [./chitin.key]
    ERROR: preprocessing APPEND_EARLY [darian/dialogue/bt1dar.d]: Failure("resource [BVICON.DLG] not found for 'CHAIN3'")
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Darian NPC Mod for BGII: SoA & ToB], rolling back to previous state
    Unable to Unlink [darian/backup/0/OTHER.0]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "darian/backup/0/OTHER.0")
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,857
    edited February 2017

@Darkersun I just noticed the redesign of the 1st post. Very cool.

I don't see a category for fixes, but perhaps the little Simulacrum Fix mod I just made an go under tweaks or something.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/850917/#Comment_850917

(There is an engine bug that apparently makes simulacrums (simulacra?) disappear when struck in melee, or something. This fixes that bug.)

It is indeed simulacra. :) Plurals in Latin are so easy so long as you know which declension they are from. Simulacrum comes from the same one as the Latin for war which goes:

The order in that chart is not the same as I learnt. I learnt Bellum, Bellum, Bellum, Belli, Bello, Bello. Bella, Bella, Bella, Bellorum, Bellis, Bellis. I find it amazing that I can still remember that after 50 years. :)
    Thanks @subtledoctor added under Fixpack & Bugfixing.
    @megamike15
    I'm afraid you're beyond my knowledge at this point. It sounds like Darian is looking for a dialogue file or string that doesn't exist, but I don't know how to fix that. I didn't think TOB and BG2EE used different dialogue files.
    edited February 2017
    @Darkersun We should probably add EEUITweaks Collections under the UI section as it collects most of those changes, plus several more.

• IglosnofIglosnof Member Posts: 119
    If I have a 2.0 or newer version of Bg2ee, can I still install mods that were generally made for 1.3 without using modmerge or something like that? Because I tried installing a few on 2.1 version and it messed up several things in the game....