Skip to content

You know you're playing too much Baldur's Gate when...

Comments

• DrakeICNDrakeICN Member Posts: 623
    1199. When you still have not finished Pillars of Eternity. Or the Watcher 3 (I have made a decent effort, but the game is REALLY long. I say as if that is a bad thing.).

(Sorry if someone already mentioned this, I didnt feel like reading 1198 other comments to see if someone beat me to it).
    wubblemlneveseCrevsDaakSkatan
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150

mlnevese said:

mlnevese said:

filcat88 said:

1197. When it is monday morning and you wish that your coffee is a potion of mind focusing...

It isn't?!
    Only if that coffee is blue.
    What if you use blue sugar? I know it's for decorating cakes but...
    It may work if you try on a Blue Monday, or if you're a wild mage.
    1200. When you're pondering the various pros and cons of dualclassing to wild mage irl.

And some further sub-points for BG2 & PS:T veterans:
    1200α. When you remember you used to be a wild mage and look for Dak'kon's sword to help you respecialize.
    1200β. When Dak'kon's sword says nothing.
    1200ω. When it updates your journal.
    JuliusBorisovArctodusmlneveseCrevsDaak
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    1203. (related to 1202)

When you worry about whether your Charname/party are getting enough to eat as there are no handy takeaways/fastfood places when they turn up in town really late at night after saving the world.
    (Inns/pubs, fat chance past 9pm)
    JuliusBorisovlolienThacoBellCrevsDaak
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156

1203. (related to 1202)

When you worry about whether your Charname/party are getting enough to eat as there are no handy takeaways/fastfood places when they turn up in town really late at night after saving the world.

That's why you should always buy rations when playing D&D
    SjerrieCrevsDaak
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited January 2017

1203. (related to 1202)

Inns along trade route towns and those in major cities would have had something available (not sure about takeout though heh). Nothing fresh of course, but it wouldn't be an uncommon occurrence to get people through their doors at all hours after all.
    SjerrieJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    There'd probably be a pot of soup/stew on the go and maybe some stale bread and cheese.
    Sjerrie
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    BillyYank said:

1209. You wait six seconds before taking another sip of coffee.

Improved haste and Protection from fire is an awesome combo in this situation.
    CrevsDaakMontresor_SPJuliusBorisovmlnevese
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    JoenSo said:

BillyYank said:

1209. You wait six seconds before taking another sip of coffee.

Improved haste and Protection from fire is an awesome combo in this situation.
    1212. When this comment reminds you of some of the best F/M high level strategies (Incendiary Cloud spam+127% Fire Resistance+Improved Haste).
    JoenSoMontresor_SPJuliusBorisovmlnevese
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    Now just add coffee!
    CrevsDaakMontresor_SPJuliusBorisovmlnevese