Skip to content

Collector's Edition Box

Comments

• pb299299pb299299 Member Posts: 3
    So they weren't shipped on the 16th but it looks like we are close!

Thanks for the update!
  • PaladinPaladin Member Posts: 335
    edited January 2017
    Wow, Beamdog. Wow.

You can see my messages to Beamdog here:

http://i.imgur.com/zRfn3tW.png

One message on the 10th. A follow-up message on the 18th. This is what I just received from Beamdog:

http://i.imgur.com/CO08skR.png

The "tickets from early last year" that the customer support agent refers to were my refund requests from back in April. When those tickets were sent, we were only about 30 days out from initial purchase.

I agree. I sent my message on 9th January.

Appreciate Trent said it would take some time to arrange refunds and they're in the middle of sorting U.S. shipping, but an acknowledgment of the request with confirmation of their commitment to issue a refund would be quite welcome.

@AndreaColombo: Did you receive your refund?
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    I haven't. No feedback. I'd be very annoyed if I got a similar reply after writing my message on 9th January. I'll send a chaser tonight.
    edited January 2017
    At least we have a very solid paper trail, with our personal email history and on these forums. So, it'll be hard to justify not providing us with refunds, IMO.
  • Xerxes1811Xerxes1811 Member Posts: 65
    edited January 2017
    Paladin said:

At least we have a very solid paper trail, with our personal email history and on these forums. So, it'll be hard to justify not providing us with refunds, IMO.

The automated response from your initial email should be adequate proof that support received your first request, it would be hard to challenge that.
  • 626_EXP626_EXP Member Posts: 33
    myusps.com shows that there is a delivery pending for me but has not left the origin yet. This was on the 19th. So I guess a 16th delivery start wasn't correct.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    edited January 2017
    Hey, so, is it possible to have two seperate threads?
    One for actual updates on the CE and one for people complaining about customer service?
    626_EXP said:

myusps.com shows that there is a delivery pending for me but has not left the origin yet. This was on the 19th. So I guess a 16th delivery start wasn't correct.

Yeah, there's no way the 16th was correct for a ship date. The packages were supposed to have accompanying tracking numbers. It would make no sense to ship a package on Monday and not send the tracking numbers out for another week.
    edited January 2017
    I am now being told by customer support that because of issues with their mailbox at the time I sent my second refund request (on the 10th), my ticket was not received. And, as such, I am not entitled to a refund. This is real life.
    I now have a tracking number but it only shows through myusps. Beamdog has not sent me a single email about the CE including newsletters despite me signing up for them...
    Paladin said:

I am now being told by customer support that because of issues with their mailbox at the time I sent my second refund request (on the 10th), my ticket was not received. And, as such, I am not entitled to a refund. This is real life.

So because of THEIR issue that you didn't cause, you must pay? This is beyond ridiculous.

@TrentOster could you please chime in on this? I don't think it makes any sense to deny a claim that was issued within the terms and according to the instructions given, just because support's mailbox had an issue. Customers are not responsible for their inbox or any issues it may or may not have at any given time.
    Yes, I even posted about it on these forums on the 11th:
    Paladin said:

I sent a refund request to the support box and received this automatic response:

We're writing to let you know that the group you tried to contact (support) may not exist, or you may not have permission to post messages to the group. A few more details on why you weren't able to post:

* You might have spelled or formatted the group name incorrectly.
    * The owner of the group may have removed this group.
    * You may need to join the group before receiving permission to post.
    * This group may not be open to posting.

Trent replied, stating that the Beamdog Mailbox was working as intended. So, I assumed I was fine. My message was sent to support@beamdog.com. I've checked the address ten times now, to be sure I wasn't going crazy.
  • TrentOsterTrentOster Administrator, Developer Posts: 433
    Thanks Julius.
  • R3fr4ct0rR3fr4ct0r Member Posts: 4
    Looks like I have an ETA of Monday!
    Mine still shows that usps is still waiting for the package...
    After sending a chaser yesterday evening, today I received a message from Support confirming I will be getting a refund for the SoD CE.

Hopefully this piece of good news will reassure other users seeking the same, whether affected by @Paladin 's issue or simply awaiting feedback.

After sending a chaser yesterday evening, today I received a message from Support confirming I will be getting a refund for the SoD CE.

Hopefully this piece of good news will reassure other users seeking the same, whether affected by @Paladin 's issue or simply awaiting feedback.

Yes, the support staff emailed me a few hours ago, letting me know that my shipment had not yet shipped and as such they were able to cancel my order.

Now, I have no idea why my order wouldn't have been shipped, since they were supposed to be shipped out on the 16th - but it's for the best. Thanks.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    More pictures for those that did not order it (I missed it at the time :(). In guessing the cancelled ones will make a nice gift package or raffle.
  • ShadowdemonShadowdemon Member Posts: 80
    So can someone from Beamdog confirm if we are supposed to get a shipping confirmation or not? I have not received an email and nothing is showing up on My USPS yet. I'm assuming they ship in order they were purchased on the web site and I bought mine a few hours after it was available...
  • galbymangalbyman Member Posts: 3
    I would like confirmation as well. I also ordered within a couple of hours but have no notification of shipping or tracking. Thank you.
  • Sam_Sam_ Member Posts: 172
    Yeah, yesterday I saw the mail carrier stuffing something into my mailbox. I quick threw on some shoes and ran out there to check it. I've never been so disappointed to get a paycheck and package from Amazon.com in my life! :p
  • ThunderThunder Member Posts: 157
    How are things looking for Europe?
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    @theacefes Yes, please can we have some more pictures, including the DVD.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    How's the feel of the cover for the Field Report, with the coin setting? That was something I remember putting a lot of thought into how it should feel in a player's hands.