Skip to content

Survey on in-game romances

LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
edited January 2017 in Off-Topic
Hey! Aside from my work as a modder I am quite interested in the topic of the in-game romances. I am a member of a group at the Uni which is interested in game studies. I was wondering if you could help a bit an answer some of our questions. We made this survey:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScXvq7tomx_yEdIDG4q-IKwpl2u0-tAJQfVZYKZazN5oMJeJQ/viewform

So if you would like to share your thoughts, well... it would help us quite a bit! :) Cheers!
Post edited by LavaDelVortel on
CrevsDaaklolienJuliusBorisovButtercheeseTeflon[Deleted User]Anna_Somniar

Comments

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Should probably modify the thread title a bit so people know what this is about - not a thread asking questions about romances in this game, but a general survey about game romances.
    LavaDelVortelTeflon
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
    Changed it a bit :)
    CrevsDaak
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Done :smile:
    Teflon
    I fixed a missing word issue and made one of the possible answers more clear, as some found it confusing :) Anyway, still waiting for more :) Thanks in advance to those who may find some time!
    CrevsDaak
  • DrakeICNDrakeICN Member Posts: 623
    I think that survey would be more fun if we could motivate our choices.
    I generally play as a girl, because I do not enjoy staring at man banana outline or man buttcheeks for 100+ hours. I always do heteresexual relationships, however, I get pissed off if the option to do gay relationship is not there. I would never chose it, but I want the option to be there, just like in real life, because I don't think game devs should shove their 'morality'* down the players throats. Of course, hetero characters should only do hetereo relationships etc (and since, for instance, the Wicther is hetero, it would be stupid to have gay relationships in that game, since you can only play as the Witcher) so basically, they just need to include more characters of alternative sexual orientiations (if possible that is, see the former parentesis disclaimer). And also, represent all opinions out there. Like, if you have an openly gay character in your party, maybe you get discriminated and stuff - just like real life!

*Which is something I have never understood; why is where, how often, and in whom you stick your waistline middle digit considered a moral issue? Morality is whether you would volunteer to bandage a profusely bleeding individual which you know have a blood disease, such as HIV, or if you found aa starving man loitering on your back yard would you send him away, give him a sandwich** or shoot him for trespassing, or if you would risk your life hiding jews from the Nazis? Sexuality is not in any way shape or form a moral issue!!!

**I wouldnt, who knows if he is armed or otherwise dangerous? I would call the police, and then give some money to the salvation army instead.
    LavaDelVortelCrevsDaakTeflon
    This survey is only for some "general information", there will be additional data gathered also in some other ways. Feel free to use this topic to discuss this matter :) I am happy that you decided to expand your opinion here.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Moved to off-topic area, as the survey is about romances in video games in general.
    lolienCrevsDaak
    @JuliusBorisov - sure, thanks! :)
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    edited January 2017
    I think there's a missing "bi/homosexual when playing opposite gender" option, because it's not at all the same as having such preference yourself.

Voted for indifference/diversity, but only because I randomly switch between playing myself and watching some yuri action.
    CrevsDaakTeflon
    Well, you can still choose that you play as an opposite gender and then pick which romance you usually choose (bi-/homosexual - just how you said), so ther is something simillar to what you suggested. I know it's not exacly the same, but I believe it's rather close enough :)
    Teflon
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I'd like to add that relationships (intense party interaction) are as important as romances. Lotr's original party (in the movie) has no romantic interaction, but their relationship is surely strong and dynamic and I believe that game developers should aim for that kind of interaction as much as for love interests.
    ThacoBellTeflonCrevsDaak
  • TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    Well as long as the game gives me option to choose what I want, I don't care its whether bi hetero or homm. ;)
    Hmm... Romance.
    @DJKajuru and @Teflon - thanks for sharing you thoughts! :)
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Did the survey. I hope this turns helpful somehow.
    Hey, people! I thought I would step by and ask for sharing the survey wherever you can :) As far as I know, even more entries are needed, so if you can post it somehwere, on other forums or facebook or twitter, it would be great :) And if you are new to this thread... well, the link is still the same ;)
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScXvq7tomx_yEdIDG4q-IKwpl2u0-tAJQfVZYKZazN5oMJeJQ/viewform

Cheers, everyone! As a "thank you" you may expect some mod updates in some time :)
    [Deleted User]
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @Lisaralin @Davide @Sharsek @Maroc @rede9 @Akerhon @Sharanee @Anna_Somniar
    Dear friends, would you be so kind to fill this survey for Lava? He will definitely appreciate it :)
    LavaDelVortelAnna_Somniar
  • SharsekSharsek Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 248
    Aedan said:

Dear friends, would you be so kind to fill this survey for Lava? He will definitely appreciate it :)

Done!

AedanLavaDelVortel
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    Done =D Gotta help my fellow countrymen! =P
    LavaDelVortel