Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    lroumen said:

If you have Edwin in your final save of Bg1, I am guessing he will be in the starting dungeon of SoD with the spellbook he had the end of bg1... Then you did not make a mistake with the scrolls. If he is not with you starting SoD, well then that is different than most other npcs

(definite exception there is imoen)
    If you are correct, I will be very happy.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    I sure hope so. I took xzar into SoD and he had all his spells. I expect it works the same for the other npcs... minus the obvious exception of course.
    Grond0CrevsDaak

Update on Corwild the Fighter/Thief and his group of 4 wild mages and berserker:

Not a lot of time to play yesterday. Wife had a bad day and needed me to listen (a lot). Managed to pick up Joia's ring for her. Turned in Landarin's things for her.

Sorry to hear that. Glad that she has someone to listen. Not everyone does. :(
    Corey_RussellCrevsDaak
    @DOGDANCING Hope that you improve soon.
    Corey_RussellAasimCrevsDaak
    Just wondering if killing Ulraunt on returning to Candlekeep is like watching paint dry with no significant reward, as in earlier versions of the game.
    CrevsDaaklolien
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 996

Just wondering if killing Ulraunt on returning to Candlekeep is like watching paint dry with no significant reward, as in earlier versions of the game.

Isn't there an Ulraunt Doppleganger in the crypts? He might have a gem. But as for the real one, as far as I can determine, don't think they intended for him to be killed. They often put no rewards in characters like that.
    CrevsDaaklolien
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 996
    Corewild the gnomish fighter/thief update

SETUP:
    Easytutu
    Tales of the Sword Coast
    official patch
    no mods
    Core rules at all times

Party:
    Joshua - dwarven berserker
    Hanna, Forrest, Misty, Paja - human wild mages

Surges of Note:
    1) party slowed when casting armor when entering sirines area (not in combat)
    2) Forrest polymorphed into wolf when trying to skull trap the kobold commandos guarding the entrance to level 4 of the Nashkel Mines

Now that the party has access to level 3 mage spells, we are definitely feeling stronger. We don't know fireball yet, and two skull trap scrolls were flubbed, so only Forrest knows skull trap but its a start.

After a lot of work, we finally got our reputation to 20. Nashkel mines was pretty safe, with Joshua being the target while the rest of the party ranged. As for Mulahey and his minions, a single skull trap by Forrest was pretty devastating.

When we got back to Nashkel and reported our success, we slew Nimbul and Tranzig in short order. This in turn allowed us buy the robe of Good Arch Magi for Misty. Paja is #2 position, but she'll have to wait for Davaeorn's robe. Forrest is neutral so if we ever get a lot of cash, will buy him the robe of the neutral arch magi.

We are aware of the surge that destroys gold, so any high value item we are holding onto until we are ready to sell and make a purchase.

After getting the robe, we though might be nice to get Feldeposte's bracers, but we needed more gold. So we engaged Bassilus. What's funny is the mages thought they were going to be the MVPs of the fight, but no - a Joshua critical and an arrow from Corsen slew Bassilus before a single mage spell could hit Bassilus.

Xvart village was cleared - with our many sleeps, the xvarts weren't too much trouble. Single target damage spells were used for the bears of the area. We just used direct attack on Borda (the guy that sells cursed potions/scrolls). Borda was frustrated by Joshua being protected by his enrage and the shield amulet.

We need experience, and now that we have have 3 magic missile orbs, might memorize a bunch of those and go for the doomsayer. Probably can do the battle horrors of Durlag's too with all those. Will try that next session.
    Serg_BlackStriderJuliusBorisovGotural
  • aldainaldain Member Posts: 303
    Nice with so much activity here :) Just popped in to say that Adamant's run is on hiatus for.. probably a few months due to RL concerns. I don't want to play while tired/distracted, but I will get back to him eventually.
    lolienWise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisov