Skip to content

Attack rolls missing

andresandres Member Posts: 15
Hey guys,

The new version of the combat log seems to show only an abbreviated version of attack rolls where some of them are missing. I remember being able to see every attack. Is there a way to get all the attack rolls back?

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Did you enable attack rolls and additional info from game options? Menu:Options-gameplay-feedback. Enable to hit rolls and additional info like stat changes, and miscallenous.
    lolienJuliusBorisov
  • andresandres Member Posts: 15
    lunar said:

Did you enable attack rolls and additional info from game options? Menu:Options-gameplay-feedback. Enable to hit rolls and additional info like stat changes, and miscallenous.

I have everything enabled under feedback. But it still only shows me some of the hit rolls. Here I'll show an example. See how the skeleton dies without letting me know what attack killed it?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Bump. Anyone know what's wrong? Or is this the only way the Enhanced Edition plays? I distinctly remember the old Baldurs Gate showing you every attack roll, including the one that kills the enemy.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited February 2017
    It's definitely a bug! As a matter of fact, if you play IWD:EE, this issue doesn't occur.....

It seems that if there is the weapon icon on the portrait of the character who is attacking the enemy, then the combat log will show his/her attack rolls; otherwise, nothing (you will always see something like this, depending on the enemy of course: Skeleton: Death)
    Post edited by _Luke_ on
    Wow, that's a huge bug. Why is no one making a big deal about this? You'd figure how much damage you're doing would be a critical aspect of the game for most people.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    If you can reproduce this behavior, if your override folder is empty, if you don't use mods, then report it as a bug following the instructions here - https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/49845/how-to-report-bugs.
    edited February 2017

If you can reproduce this behavior, if your override folder is empty, if you don't use mods, then report it as a bug following the instructions here - https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/49845/how-to-report-bugs.

Do you get this bug? I just want to clarify that this is happening for everyone. Should be a huge issue but I don't see anyone bringing it up.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    I've never seen it, and I often scroll back through a fight to determine who killed what.
    _Luke_ThacoBell
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited February 2017
    Tested it last night and couldn't replicate it. Running any mods?
    _Luke_
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    I can only reproduce that specific case by turning OFF feedback and getting Turn Undead to kill it.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    All my attack rolls show.
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    I can confirm the issue.

This attack was made with an arrow of biting : no saving throw appears. Everything is checked in the feedback. This install is with SCS, Sentrizeal Avatar pack and EEUITweaks. Normally, saving throws appear, but rarely, some informations are missing. Hope that helps.
    I installed BG on my laptop to test if it was something weird about my desktop, but nope, having the same issue there as well. I'm reporting this as a bug.
    _Luke_
    Today I noticed another detail about this bug. I have the party set to auto attack. When I direct the party to attack a creature, attack rolls show up. When that creature dies, my party automatically selects the next creature to attack. I stop receiving feedback at that point.
  • KaitekKaitek Member Posts: 43
    edited October 2017
    I am still getting this bug on my EET during BG1, it's close to gamebreaking for me. When I target a creature all of the combat info shows like it should but once that first target is dead and my party automatically switches focus to other targets everything falls apart, the game randomly doesn't show most of the info, including attack rolls, damage taken and basically everything else. This happens consistently 100% of the time for me, exactly how the OP of the thread described. Does anyone know of a fix?

https://i.imgur.com/Um9E0ka.jpg
    Post edited by Kaitek on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    The issue is known, https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/31805, and submitted to the inner tracker.

The 2.5 patch will try to fix this bug.
    Aerakar