Skip to content

Faiths and Powers: Gods of the Realms (Kitpack and divine caster/spell tweaks)

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • bhill17bhill17 Member Posts: 10
    so is there a current download link?
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited February 2017
    bhill17 said:

so is there a current download link?

Lol, not quite yet. It's a big deal that I'm passing it on to subtledoctor, as I've taken quite a while to get something done with paladins.

He has a few things to do to get it release ready (e.g. what he's discussing above). I don't want to speak for subtle, but I'm confident it won't be too long.

That said, if you really want it, @bhill17 , I can send you the beta link.
  • bhill17bhill17 Member Posts: 10
    you are fine I was just wondering as I am planning on start a new playthrough very soon
  • ArizaelArizael Member Posts: 263
    Hi. I know that asking about ETAs suck, but I am putting together a BG1:EE multiplayer build and the original idea was to start playing sometime next week. Which means that if I wanted to try including F&P, i am genuinely running out of time :p .

How stable and mod friendly is the to be released build? I am planning to use Spell and Item revisions, some components from BG2 tweaks, Tome and Blood, M&G, SoB and SCS. Plus I will probably tinker with some 2da files. Preventing the most visible multiplayer out of synch issues is priority.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    edited February 2017
    edited February 2017
    The compatibility attachment has been uploaded to the OP so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle.

Also, I'm slowly finding time to revise and update the readme...
  • gokkegokke Member Posts: 46
    Is it possible to have the mod added to Bigworld setup thingy. im such an idiot with mods and this thing really saves me
  • DymeDefDymeDef Member Posts: 66
    @gokke BWS has it already but it requires an external download. A few other mods do as well, but it's already included in its installer.
    ok, welll ill wait for the proper realease of this mod, cant wait, love playing paladins, and i hope they will feel more unique than just another figther :)
    gokke said:

ok, welll ill wait for the proper realease of this mod, cant wait, love playing paladins, and i hope they will feel more unique than just another figther :)

Please let us know what you think ( good and bad)!
    edited February 2017
    i will of course Thank you for using your free time making mods for a game i haven't been able to put away since i got it when i was 13. :)
  • psycrospsycros Member Posts: 34
    Errors from latest BWS version install:
    edited February 2017
  • helo138helo138 Member Posts: 53
    I´m getting an error installing the new version. I tried to install it without IWdification on BGEE.
  • wyakpawyakpa Member Posts: 62
    edited February 2017
    So just to clarify: if I already have a beta link, it now downloads the new beta?

Also:

edited February 2017
  • DymeDefDymeDef Member Posts: 66
    AHHHHH!!!! Yes!

Is it updated on BWS @ALIEN ?

wyakpa said:

So just to clarify: if I already have a beta link, it now downloads the new beta?

Yup. Just re-download it from the same link.

But, I would not attempt to re-install this in the middle of a playthrough. This is a relatively huge mod, I would do a fresh game+mods install from the ground up.

- For BGEE/SoD/BGEE v2.0+ games, I recommend install option #2.
    - For IWDEE v1.4, I recommend install option #1.
    - For EE v1.3 or lower, this won't work well, if at all. Upgrade!
    - For pre-EE TOB or BGT: this definitely won't work, use Divine Remix v7 instead.
    I'm kinda partial to option 1, as it really makes deity selection a separate entity from kit selection, but i can see how it would be jarring to select ones deity through dialog.
    edited February 2017
  • Bboy2073Bboy2073 Member Posts: 38
    So were is this download Link?
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    @DymeDef BWS should be updated with F&P 0.58
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    @Grammarsalad @subtledoctor Amazing work!
    May I propose one small change for the next version? Could you please split setup.tra into multuple files:
    - setup.tra only for components/instealations dialogs
    - separate files for each kit descriptions
    - and maybe for each spell translation if f it would help you with auto-mod-translate idea

@ALIEN I'm not seeing the benefit... we have like 60 kits in here, are we supposed to have 60 different .tra files? I would expect that to make it hard for a translator, not easier. Or am I not understanding the point of the suggestion?

Also, I'm not sure whether the mod is even close to being able to be translated. It's been extremely complicated to make, and translations have not been a priority. There is text-patching code that uses REPLACE_TEXTUALLY, there are dialogs that use a mixture of strings and tra references, there are spells added from at least three different sources with wildly different tra ref ranges... it's a bit of a mess.

Perhaps we could have a single tra for kits, one for spells, etc. I do like that auto- translate idea, for added iwdee spells, at least.

In any case, breaking it down into more bite sized pieces could make translation less daunting. Our tra file is insanely huge