Skip to content

Faiths and Powers: Gods of the Realms (Kitpack and divine caster/spell tweaks)

Comments

• psycrospsycros Member Posts: 34
    edited October 2016

Halfling Slinger is an exact clone of the Haliing Slinger from Might & Guile, so you can try it out from that mod if you like. M&G is available on BWS. I'm transitioning the kit to F&P, where its implementation is a bit more slick. The only difference is the M&G version gets no spellcasting at all, while the F&P version gets some very limited spellcasting via the sphere system (I think it only has access to the sphere of Protection).

Yes, it's a halfling-only ranger kit. :)

Weird..I seem to recall thinking when I read about it in M&G that it was open to all races. But if not..yay!

I did a BWS run-through with the "install everything" F&P option and it worked. However, I'm suddenly getting components of various mods failing to install, which is something I've never actually experienced before - its usually all nothing with a mod. Some of them (if I'm reading it right) may deal with modified spells. In fact, Tome and Blood is one that complains about a component failing - spell tweaks, specifically. You can still play the game but obviously parts of certain mods won't be loaded. No idea if these problems are related to F&P but I didn't add any other mods to my install list (in fact I actually disabled one of the EEUI Tweaks because I thought it might be conflicting with another one). I would attach some logs if you could tell me which ones are useful. Meanwhile I'm just gonna keep doing installs and playing with the mod list and see what I can see.

I also noticed that you get the "choose diety" one-time ability even when you're a mystic. I assume rangers would see the same thing. If it were possible to have more appropriate wording ("choose focus", etc) for the not-really-priests, that would be cool.

UPDATE: just noticed that Spell Revisions has been updated within the last week or so. That might also be an issue. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure I've ever had SR and the T&B tweaks enabled at the same time before. Hmm....
    Post edited by psycros on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    psycros
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited October 2016
    @subtledoctor A great bunch of AD&D's official specialty priets shift towards semi-undeath transformation, if not outright metamorphosis. Not just dead ol' Myrkul. They're mostly those who study Necrology and Netherword Knowledge while in their early days of priesthood. Prime examples for such nutcases would be Jergal's Doomscribes, Velsharoon's Necrophants, Kiaransalee's Yathrinshee, Osiris' Divine Arbitrators and, to a lesser extent, Kelemvor's Doomguides.

If being asked whenever the ascention to undeath would be more appropiate for TnB or FnP, I'd say FnP. If only for the thematically side of things. Given that deities are able to safekeep souls in contrast to necromancers rather frail phylacteries. Even Velsharoon succeeded thanks to that route after all.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KrotosKrotos Member Posts: 156
    So one question from me - why exactly doesn't F&P show up for Icewind Dale? Going through all 30 pages of the thread is a bit of a challenge, so I thought I'd just ask. Also how does it interact with kit packs from mods like The Frosty Journey etc?
    Abdel_AdrianKrotospsycrosGrammarsalad
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    I'm holding up release of this mod, unfortunately. Got sick, and am now buried in work. Still, I'll post a bit about paladin changes. The thinking is to open paladins to many gods, and (mostly) eliminate falling. The core class will get a name change--the Champion--and will have a core ability--Smite*--that a) does additional damage and b) does something extra depending upon ones patron deity. The Champion of Tyr will be called a "Paladin", will fall normally, will do extra damage--or apply some nasty effect--just not sure atm--to evil creatures. They start casting spells at level 6.

There will be two, maybe three kits, the Zealot, the Blackguard, and maaaybe the inquisitor.

The zealot will be restricted to leather armor--or lighter armor, anyway-- and be able to go into a 'frenzy' which is similar to, but not the same as, the berserker's enrage (AC, attack, and damage bonuses, with fewer immunities, I believe--I have to check my notes). They get the basic smite ability, but it does not do anything extra. They cast spells at level 6, but can cast a fewer number of spells compared to the champion. Kelevmore champs will stun undead (or something like that). Stuff like that.

The blackguard will actually worship demons and devils, rather than gods. This is what differentiates them from evil champions (Which will totally be a thing). They will get unique abilities based upon the particular demon or devil lord they have a pact with. I have to do some serious research for this.

The inquisitor...I don't know.

*I believe that we have a spell called "smite" in the destruction domain. I'll change the name of that spell so we don't have both at the same time. I'm also renaming the hla fighter abilty of the same name.
    Sanctifer
  • KrotosKrotos Member Posts: 156
    All I want is to be able to have a Knight of the Mystic Fire or a support for that kit from the Frosty Journey mod.
  • deweaver1979deweaver1979 Member Posts: 3
    Hello,

I too am interested in the beta version link, if at all possible. I've already gotten tome and blood, might and guile, and scales of balance...looking forward to plugging this into a BWS install.

Thank you!
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 950
    i always liked this mod, especialy druid variants. The one improvement i miss from ages is to druids get more shapeshifts, 10 different animal would be awesome.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    its enough forms, but i think it to one kit to have all. Should Werewolf lord named Loup Garou ? I found it in quasy adnd monster manual.

I think we currently have:
    - rat
    - rabbit
    - ferret
    - spider (small)
    - wolf
    - winter wolf
    - mountain lion/leopard
    - panther
    - black bear
    - grizzly bear
    - polar bear
    - wyvern
    - basilisk

Plus dire wolf, werewolf, greater werewolf, and werewolf lord for our version of the Shapeshifter kit. And HLAs for the four elementals and a shambling mound.

There are only so many animals in the game. I was toying with the idea of adapting the moose to be a shapeshift (but I don't think the animation exists in IWDEE). I suppose something like an ankheg would make as much sense as a basilisk (though it's probably too difficult to make it mobile). Maybe IWDEE's lesser remhorrhaz could be adapted as a 'giant centipede' or something, and there is the giant beetle form that vanilla IWDEE druids get... maybe also the rhino beetle. In fact that one would work great in place of the basilisk as the 'heavy' shapeshift for desert druids.

But, those animations aren't in the BG games. As I understand things, the state of adding animations to the games is currently less than good. Unless that changes or someone comes on board to help, that's off the table.

We could add the beetle versions. We add those animations for the giant insect spell
    There are slots already assigned for any IWD animations if i recall correctly. It's literally a matter of copying over the correct bams. So the centipede like creature is also possible.

Subtle, after i finish paladins, I'll add them if you like. School is almost done.just in the home stretch
  • cloudkillbeatsallcloudkillbeatsall Member Posts: 98
    edited December 2016
    I would like a pm if this mod hasn't been made public yet. Anyone about?
    Sure...
    @subtledoctor can you hook them up? The link has changed, yes?
    cloudkillbeatsall
  • cloudkillbeatsallcloudkillbeatsall Member Posts: 98
    @subtledoctor
    Thanks, bud!
    edited December 2016
    I saw the mods, this, might and guile, tome and blood, and all awesome.
    In this mod, can rebalance paladins ? The whole idea of give them choosable immunity at first level, because the paladin kits get 2 immunities, amd it would be awesome to the vanilla cam choose from a list or innitate abilty 2 immunity. And give them smite evil like iwd.
    what do you think ?

Edit: Or just be one paladin, and you can choose all of your kit powers at first level.
    Choose immunities, one special to hit and damage (+3) power against an evil type, or minor bonus against all evil(+1). Select one special power, like smite evil, greater dispel(from inquisuitor) or more.
  • wyakpawyakpa Member Posts: 62
    Curious, what's on the docket for the next update? With the recent updates to MnG and TnB, I'm trying to decide if I want to start playing with what's here or wait until the next version of FnP as well. You guys just seem to have so many things you want to include, I don't want to miss anything!
    Ah, fair enough. Under the circumstances then, I would love a beta version of FnP to try out. Don't put yourself out on xmas though!
    edited December 2016
    Heh, it's turning out to be a very productive x mass. I have paladin/champions of tyr, kelevmore, tempus, helm, talos and moradin done, the last 2.5 done today. I am planning about 5 more, give or take, for the first release.

I'm going at a relatively fast pace now that I actually have some free time, so all is looking up.

Edit: also now have an eye of gruumish-a zealot- just about finished
    Post edited by Grammarsalad on
    Nice! Maybe I can stand to wait for the next update then ;-)

From someone else who recently finished a semester at school, hope all went well.
    Grammarsalad
    wyakpa said:

Nice! Maybe I can stand to wait for the next update then ;-)

From someone else who recently finished a semester at school, hope all went well.

It did, thanks! I hope the same for you.

It looks like I'm not going to get anything done today ( family stuff), but tomorrow is going to be another productive day.

In addition to the above I'm going to do a zealots of CL ( the main elven god), at least one of each race specific god we haven't yet covered, Loviatar, talos, umberlee, as well as some more 'foreign' gods from other parts of faerune(sp).

I also want to finally do the ur- priest, which is long overdue (especially considering that it's relatively easy to implement).

Later on, still a long term goal that I'll probably not get to before school starts again, I want to start doing some game content alterations: things like unique npc interactions ( including mod npcs), alternate strongholds where appropriate--clerics of Tempus aren't interested in joining helm's church, but the fighter stronghold is right up their alley-- and so on. Bleh, not only will i have to learn a lot more about Modding, but I'm not much of a writer. I'll do what i can, and I'll probably ask authors of various npcs for advice where needed. Actually, I'm sure this isn't going to get done over the winter break as I'm going to focus next on adding iwd arcane spells into bgee(2)/sod for a different mod.

But i want the tweak stuff to be settled first. I'm hesitant to give a specific date because i don't want to disappoint, but i feel like we could have that part--a first draft anyway-- done soon.
    Danacm said:

I saw the mods, this, might and guile, tome and blood, and all awesome.
    In this mod, can rebalance paladins ? The whole idea of give them choosable immunity at first level, because the paladin kits get 2 immunities, amd it would be awesome to the vanilla cam choose from a list or innitate abilty 2 immunity. And give them smite evil like iwd.
    what do you think ?

Edit: Or just be one paladin, and you can choose all of your kit powers at first level.
    Choose immunities, one special to hit and damage (+3) power against an evil type, or minor bonus against all evil(+1). Select one special power, like smite evil, greater dispel(from inquisuitor) or more.

They are getting smite abilities, though the specifics differ depending on their patron deity. Tyr gives smite evil which damages all but has a chance to stun evil opponents. Also, different deities grant different powers. You don't select them on an individual basis. Rather, they come in groups. Paladins of tyr look very much like vanilla Paladins. Champions of tempus look very different.
    edited December 2016
    Today has been spent squashing bugs and integrating the zealot into the deity selection system. Nothing new added in terms of kits, but a lot of progress has been made.

Edit: well, I worked on a zealot of Talos, as well.
    wyakpa
    edited December 2016
    Okay, so Zealots work basically like this:

They are decent warriors, but with weak armor (studded leather max). However, they get a (non-special) smite for a little extra damage output, and they can enter a frenzy that makes them much more dangerous. The 'standard' frenzy is a lot like the barbarian rage. It gives the same immunities, a +1 att, +2 (bonus) to AC, melee THAC0, (no bonus to str or con) and they are under the effects of an additional 'special' depending on their deity.

Zealots of Grummsh (Called "Eye of Grummsh") are under the effects of true sight

Zealots of Talos (Called "Initiate of Rust and Worm") are under the effects of Static Charge
    Grammarsalad
    edited December 2016

Very cool. Sounds like it should probably be limited to once/day...? That's a boss-fight ability.

Yeah, right now they get an additional use at levels 5, 10, 15 and 20...maybe too often?

I'll see about 'upgrading' the frenzy at 5th level. The effect is too strong for 1st level