Skip to content

Faiths and Powers: Gods of the Realms (Kitpack and divine caster/spell tweaks)

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    @subtledoctor Components dependence which you described are implemented also:

@DymeDef For batch installation, there is no individual component selection because batches are Leonardo thing. If you want to have more choice, use normal BWS installation.
  • PluddonPluddon Member Posts: 6
    Hey great work with this. There has been some pretty amazing progress so far. I saw this on my BWS but realized it must just be a placeholder. Is there any way I can get a beta version of this to test out? Thanks
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Pluddon said:

Hey great work with this. There has been some pretty amazing progress so far. I saw this on my BWS but realized it must just be a placeholder. Is there any way I can get a beta version of this to test out? Thanks

You can, my friend! I can't send you the link right now as I'm on my phone ( unless @subtledoctor has already sent it?) l But, just so you know, the 1.0 release should coming out very soon. I've just got a few more things to do
    I have attempted to load the mod on a clean steam install, complete with modmerge and GrammarSalad's IWD priest spell pack. This time, all components are skipped right away on account of my not having IWD spells. Is there a different mod I need to add these? I did not think IWDification had been updated yet to work with new patches.
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited September 2016
    Pluddon said:

I have attempted to load the mod on a clean steam install, complete with modmerge and GrammarSalad's IWD priest spell pack. This time, all components are skipped right away on account of my not having IWD spells. Is there a different mod I need to add these? I did not think IWDification had been updated yet to work with new patches.

I'm Sorry my friend. I should have specified that these can't be installed together. I should have put in checks to prevent it. It Will actually be possible in the full release*, but not quite yet.

*at present, this would be redundant, but i have other plans for that mod
    Thank you both @Grammarsalad and @subtledoctor. Worked like a charm with IWDification. Keep up the good work :)
  • DymeDefDymeDef Member Posts: 66
    edited September 2016
    I don't know why but my FnP looks completely different. Heres an image of my FnP list, and it only comes up in Tweaks/Rule changes. I run the updater every single time I run the program so yes it is fully updated. Have 0 issues playing with my current list and would love to trade out DR for FnP but as it stands I can only achieve this through a painfully long and untried manual install of the list or crash anytime I try to put it anywhere else by pausing BWS. Like I said, it's really strange that the list only appears under Rules and Tweaks. Nothing for FnP under Kits. I also do not have batch installation checked, never have.

http://imgur.com/uh2b17T
    edited September 2016
    @DymeDef Next time please use @ALIEN or @agb1 when you reporting BWS errors/feedback.

Thanks for the report, the BG1EE part of the recent F&P update were missing, I fixed it and also added some mode dependences. Thanks!

Please run "Start BiG World Setup - Update If Needed" and BWS should update itself to newest version. If you still see errors, re-download whole package again.
  • DymeDefDymeDef Member Posts: 66
    Awesome, thanks.
  • wyakpawyakpa Member Posts: 62
    Hello! I should say that I played around with an older version of the Scales of Balance mod before I found this most recent one, very much enjoyed it, and am looking forward to applying these new mods (which sound fantastic!) to a new game/set of games. I wanted to know if you guys had an estimated release time for this particular aspect of the mod? I know FnP has been awaiting release for some time now, just looking to see if there are any updates!

Thanks for all your hard work!
    edited September 2016
    But basically, when @Grammarsalad gets the mod to me, I'll need a week or three to work on it, then it goes to @Aquadrizzt, then back to me and @Grammarsalad for final testing. At 2 weeks for each stage, that means about 8 weeks to go.

@subtledoctor
    Is this means that you pass mod archive, only one person can do code modification and the rest of the authors are blocked from contribution? I'm asking because there is a way to avoid it and speedup developing process greatly :)
    Post edited by ALIEN on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • psycrospsycros Member Posts: 34
    edited September 2016
    I cannot get this mod to download via BWS. Any way I could get a direct link, assuming there's a stand-alone package - I don't really understand manual modding of IE games yet. I really, really want to try this thing. Also, (and I'm not trying to brag) I'm pretty good with game content writing so if you didn't want to do that "fluff" for the kits or other things, I'm available. I'm a perfectionist but I also know when to say "ship it" :)
    Tried to see if BWS could figure out what to do with F&P. It didn't fail but it also couldn't install any kits. I guess when you say "placeholder" you mean it..but I had to know. Unfortunately that means I won't actually be able to try the mod since I'm using BWS..unless you could tell me how to install it manually alongside a pretty extensive BWS modding job. (Which would be amazing of you, btw.)

The descriptions may take a bit longer than I thought. I have some family stuff that's suddenly cropping up that's going to take up a lot of my time for a while. I should still have it done well before you're ready to move into "beta", though.
  • inethineth Member Posts: 707
    Do you have a list showing which spells are in each sphere?

I think there was one earlier in this thread, but I can't seem to find it anymore, and in any case it's probably no longer up to date.
    @psycros BWS can install F&P, you just have to ask for beta and put it into BiG World Downloads
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    heya, are you going to add anything related to undeath?
    ALIEN said:

@psycros BWS can install F&P, you just have to ask for beta and put it into BiG World Downloads

I did that and it acted like I described: it wouldn't install kits.
    edited September 2016
    What happens is this:

1. I manually drop F&P zip into the BWS downloads folder.
    2. BWS does one of two things: either it gets an extract error on the perfectly intact file OR it says it can't install whatever kits I have selected. I always pick the "install components individually" option (however its specifically worded) and then pick the few that I'm interested in right now. One I'm really curious about is the halfling slinger, which I really hope is restricted to halflings unlike every other sling-sniper kit. I notice its not mentioned in the beta doc.

I even tried manually extracting F&F to my BGEE folder and still got the "can't install" errors for kits. I may try a BWS install with F&p option 1 or 2 just to see what happens.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    as undeath, I mean stuff that feels like you are actually becoming an undead race, even if it would be 'unbalanced' by some means