Skip to content

Random Goblin dropped Medium Shield +1

Today I was taking a freshly-imported archer through Chateau Irenicus and, to my surprise, one of the goblins in the first hallway dropped a Medium Shield +1. I have no idea how many times I did Chateau Irenicus on BG2, but it had to be more than 30, (and would have been higher had I not discovered Dungeon-Be-Gone). This is now my sixth trip through in BG2EE. To my knowledge, this is the first time I have ever seen any of those goblins drop anything other than gold or some junk gems/scrolls.

Is this something they were always able to do, albeit extremely rarely? Is this a new BG2EE feature? A fortunate glitch? I mean, a Medium Shield +1 ultimately isn't that big of a deal in BG2, even this early, but the whole situation is kind of blowing my mind.
lolienOrlonKronsteenCrevsDaakGreenWarlockSkatan

Comments

• lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    There is also a closet near the clone which has a high chance to contain a high level scroll. Nice start though, right?
    AerakarOrlonKronsteenJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    If you don't have the SCS component to add more scrolls or alternatively Item Revisions these random drops are the only way to find some scrolls (like Spell Trigger) before Saradush in ToB. Pickpocketing Amnish Guards works as well.

Though maybe the Red Wizard Enclave changed that, I don't remember well.
    OrlonKronsteenJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • lroumen said:

There is also a closet near the clone which has a high chance to contain a high level scroll. Nice start though, right?

Yeah, I once got a scroll of Spell Trap. That really blew my mind.
    DJKajurulroumenGreenWarlock
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    edited February 2017
    Sometimes +2 weapons and armor turn up as random items as well as +1 ones, which can be really useful in the earlier half of the game.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    lroumen said:

Once I got a abi dhalzin scroll!
    lroumenCrevsDaak
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Charlie sounds like noober now.
  • sluckerssluckers Member Posts: 280
    Draug Fea's group once gave me a pair of spell triggers.

Always when I'm not playing with a mage...
    Aerakar
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    I've never seen'em drop anything but axes, gold and bows/arrows, methinks. Lucky find!