Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    edited February 2017
    Dealt with level 1 apart from the statues but now after talking to Aran no transition to the voyage takes place. I shall google the problem... am using original BG2 this time of course.

Edit: No luck so far... if anyone has advice about globals then let me know...
    Post edited by Mantis37 on
    Wise_GrimwaldArctodusCrevsDaak
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    edited February 2017
    Björn and party visited Durlag's Tower and have killed everything in sight apart from the merchant and Love. They even killed both Rigglio and Kirinhale. They are now returning to the Gate where they intend to visit the Iron Throne. The only major problem in the tower was that Safana set off a trap whilst trying to pick it. The entire party got badly burned, but were able to heal themselves. They intend to return on the tour to the tower when they have tied up a few loose ends.
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    Mantis37ArctodusCrevsDaak
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 996
    edited February 2017
    @Mantis37 - I think if you turn on cheats for BG 2 (you can google how to do that), you can jump to Brynnlaw. There may be other variables too but not sure. I don't know the AR code for that, you'll have to look that up. I also know this problem has come up before and is in the BioWare threads somewhere (the answer I mean). The threads archived by Serg Blackstrider. He put them up on a web site.

Here is the BG 2 BioWare thread archive (answer is somewhere in there):

blackstrider.net/forum_bioware_arhiv/forum.bioware.com/topic/124277-baldurs-gate-2-no-reload-challenge/index.html
    CrevsDaakMantis37JuliusBorisov
    Thanks for the suggestion. Looks like I have some no-reload study to do! I can alter the chapter number to 4 and jump to Brynlaw but there's no Saemon/Sime/ vamps so I'm not sure if going on from there will just lead to a broken game.

JuliusBorisov
    I don't think you need the vamps, but you do need to spawn Saemon. Find out his creature code then you can use CLUAConsole to put him in and talk to him to get things going. But the answers in the thread answer all of this.
    Mantis37CrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
    Björn and party went through Candlekeep prevailing in every battle. They are now investigating the Section HQ in Beregost. In using the term "investigating" I mean "killing everyone in sight."
    Mantis37ArctodusCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
    edited February 2017
    @Mantis37 I was trying to find the answer I was referring to but no luck so far. But then it dawned on me. It was customary to make a new topic whenever we ran into bugs, so as not to derail the no-reload thread. So maybe it's one of those threads (which unfortunately were lost forever when the BioWare forums went down). So maybe the answer isn't there.

But if you can already get to Brynnlaw, then spawning Saemon might be all you need to get you going.

But I don't think you need Saemon until you get out spellhold and he might be there without having to put him in.
    Mantis37CrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
    Thanks for searching. Spawning Saemon/ Sime hasn't helped so far. I begin to think of the show Whose Line Is It Anyway? , where they had a game where all the actors but one died, who tries to keep the play going by moving everyone else around..."What's that Saemon? You want to betray me?" I may just try playing on and see if I can fudge things, as unsatisfying as that will feel.

I suspect that playing around with the globals in AR0307.bcs (Shadow thief lair) might help but I haven't got any experience with playing around with those kinds of variables. Will play around a little though, problems are always opportunities to learn new things :).
    Corey_RussellCrevsDaakJuliusBorisovWise_Grimwald
    I remember watching that. I wouldn't enjoy playing the game that way, but "À chacun son goût."
    CrevsDaak
    From Under Sea to Under Stone. We completed the Sahaugin City, though Shar-Teel annoyed the prince into a fight so the king was the winner this time out- though we'd already pickpocketed him anyway... One scare as Whitworth trod on a green blob trap but survived. Now in the Underdark as a level 19 scout (party 14-16). Fairly sure that we will cut things short and not try to hang around the drow city for too long after last time's debacle.
    CrevsDaakJuliusBorisovlolien
    edited February 2017
    This time Björn and party reached the demonknight but sadly no helm of opposite alignment down there. :( I was going to test what has been posted on this thread about that helm: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/29289/did-you-know/p85 The initial post was by @Abi_Dalzim with @ThacoBell giving further information. I may CLUA the helm in to do some testing, but won't use that game for my run. Since I had already reached experience 161,000 there was no real reason to go down there other than getting the equipment and it was the helm that I really wanted, as the other stuff is no better than I already had.

EDIT

Back in Beregost now. I've heard that the January sales have been extended and with over 40,000 gp, a rep of 20, and a charisma that I can boost to 21, clearly a shopping spree is in order. I also have equipment for sale but that can perhaps wait until it is needed.
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    CrevsDaakStummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisovlolien
    I'm just too nice about my extortion.

Rambling along in the Underdark we played around with releasing prisoners. After a battering from Mr. Diggot, we rested up and dealt with the Balor. Then we came back and played with a few more facets of the rubiks cube. Out pops a crazy mage. Now we would have killed the mage but Aran has the bright idea of healing them so we can demand our rightful reward. No sooner has he finished the spell than the mage has imprisoned him.

Not a single freedom scroll in sight so far mind you.

So... obviously the mage is chunked into oblivion but we now have a problem....

The freedom scrolls were in the drow city. Which we can only get into after Adalon's magic takes effect. Which Aran is not around for. I have no idea if he still gets drowified or not. I could RP it either way, that Adalon can do the spell only once or many times.

For now I have used Level 1 NPCs to switch Xulaye to become a cleric. I can try continuing with her, and finishing the Drow City her way... though playing the shell game with dragon eggs is what got Whitworth killed last time.

Or I can say sod it and try to leave at some point with Aran before getting locked in. However if the drow at the surface entrance recognise him as a non-drow (even if he's under invisibility?), then we may be unable to bribe our way out and then we'll have to kill Adalon. Something else which I can't remember doing successfully.

For now we have Xulaye and will help Phaere. But our path just became that little bit forked again...

edited February 2017
    createaccount said: Wise_Grimwald said:This time Björn and party reached the demonknight but sadly no helm of opposite alignment down there. :( I was going to test what has been posted on this thread about that helm: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/29289/did-you-know/p85 The initial post was by @Abi_Dalzim with @ThacoBell giving further information. I may CLUA the helm in to do some testing, but won't use that game for my run. Since I had already reached experience 161,000 there was no real reason to go down there other than getting the equipment and it was the helm that I really wanted, as the other stuff is no better than I already had.

It most be changes that a mod made. Just killed the demon knight in an unmodded game (version 1.3). The helmet was there - it didn't make a difference if you brokke the mirror.

You should clua the helmet..

I suspect that the Drizzt Saga might be the culprit as that has Demon Knights in it. Thanks for the input.
    StummvonBordwehrThacoBellCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    Mantis37 said:

No freedom scroll till drow city so Aran stays imprisoned while Adalon applies shoe polish to us.

@Mantis37 do the deep gnome traders not have freedom scrolls in your installation?
    StummvonBordwehrCrevsDaakMantis37JuliusBorisov
    No, I have item randomiser installed so that may be why.
    Wise_GrimwaldGrond0JuliusBorisov
    One comment which got cut when I rewrote... doing option 1) and playing the shell game with dragon eggs is of course what got me killed last time... So clearly it can't happen again!