Skip to content

Faiths and Powers: Gods of the Realms (Kitpack and divine caster/spell tweaks)

Comments

• ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    @subtledoctor No, you have right. The 60 kit files It would be eventually harder for translators.

@Grammarsalad Ye, a single tra for kits, one for spells and one more for all "setup/installation" related stuff would be enough.
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    ALIEN said:

@subtledoctor No, you have right. The 60 kit files It would be eventually harder for translators.

@Grammarsalad Ye, a single tra for kits, one for spells and one more for all "setup/installation" related stuff would be enough.

Good show. We're not going to be able to do this for the initial (imminent) release. Assuming @subtledoctor is okay with it, however, I'll put it on my todo list...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

No objections! I actually don't know how to code that... does that mean certain components would need to use WITH_TRA?

Lol, I have no idea! Looks like I'll have to figure it out!
  • ArizaelArizael Member Posts: 263
    Could you make F&P not override Spell Revisions healing spells ? Currently the SR principle of healing spell each level is lost as there is no cure spell on level 2 and the distinctive regenerate spells for druids are gone.
    @Arizael
    can I see your weidu log? FnP should not be overriding sr cure spells
    edited February 2017
    Here. Did the same exact installation previously and cure spells were fine.

Edit: By previously i meant without F&P
    Post edited by Arizael on
    edited February 2017
    Arizael said:

Here. Did the same exact installation previously and cure spells were fine.

Edit: By previously i meant without F&P

Okay, thank you for pointing this out @Arizael

It looks like we missed a few SR spells in the sphere system. Technically, they are (something like) overriden, but only in the way that all priest spells are disabled (and then re-added via the sphere system).

This is going to delay release for a little bit. I'm going to need to check all SR spells to see what is missing.

Edit: We have fixed the issue with Cure Moderate Wounds and the SR regeneration spells. I will go through all SR spells in time, but I don't really want to delay release for this (now that those important spells are in).
    Post edited by Grammarsalad on
  • wyakpawyakpa Member Posts: 62
    Hello! I wanted to give some general feedback from my latest installation - overall this seems to be working pretty well, but I did notice some things I wasn't sure about:

First, not all of the cleric multiclasses seem to be working - many that state they have viable multiclasses that don't show up in the options for those multiclasses... for example the Priest of Kelemvor says they can be MC cleric mages, but the only option that shows up for me is Acolyte of Shar.

There are also no options for Mystic multiclasses - is that intentional? At least some of them can Dual into Fighter (My lupinist can), but there are no options for multiclasses in my installation. Similarly, none of the straight druid options offer full healing - again, intentional? There was a druid of Silvanus in the last Beta that was really cool/interesting that could dual with a bunch of other classes, but it's gone now. Woulda been perfect for Jaheira!

On the subject of the Lupinist - the beast claws seem to set his str to 18 even if it's higher (I set mine to 19). Additionally, he cannot cast spells while they're active. The latter isn't a big deal since it's easy enough to toggle those, but again I wasn't sure if that was intended behavior.

I think the lack of Mystic MC options is the most glaring for me, but other than that you guys did great work!
    @wyakpa

It seems that F&P is not updating K_C_F.2da for other races than half elves. If you select half elf at character creation you should be capable to select from wide array of multiclass option where druid of Silvanus is viable kit for Fighter/Cleric, Cleric/Mage and Ranger/Cleric.
    We'll look into it. Thanks for the insight @Arizael
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I haven't actually gotten to the part of the game that involves the NPCs - I'm just testing a bunch of the classes on the Black Pits. I'm just spitballing that when the time comes to play the campaigns, would be nice to have Jaheira be MCed into that class.

I don't see any of the mystic multiclasses, not even in the Cleric/* combinations, and not with any of the races. To be fair, this could be due to mod conflicts - I have the Tweaks Anthology installed (and used your recommended order for it) and I added the multiclass race restrictions removals. Soooo... that might be a reason why the multiclasses don't show up for me? Not a modder so I dunno.

I also have the other Scales of Balance mods installed ('cept for the NPC one because I'm not playing the main campaign juuuust yet). I think I installed MnG first and then FnP, but other than that followed your recommended mod order. I tried it the other way and couldn't get any of the new Ranger classes from MnG in there.
  • RigelaRigela Member Posts: 10
    More I read about this, more I want it to be ready so I can use it. Looks fantastic guys!
    @subtledoctor

Yeah I gotcha - but I'm not seeing any of the Druid MCs, even in the Cleric/* multiclasses. I did a clean install with your install order and found that A) That install order does not allow the Multiclass kits from MnG to install (I get an error), and B) It seems like a lot of the MC kits for FnP are missing (like the druids but also things like a lot of the Cleric mages)

I should mention that I'm not using the dialogue deity selection, so I don't know if that works better.
    I used install option #3! Upon reinstalling everything with install option #2, everything seems to be appearing normally (and the multiclass kits installed properly with MnG). So that seems to be the proper fix! Y'all should issue a warning or something during installation that option #3 doesn't nab you everything. But thanks for the fix, things seem good now. Thanks!
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    edited February 2017

Also, compatibility with kits from Divine Remix v8 is already baked in, so you can add the Divine Remix ranger and cleric kits and have a truly astounding number of options.

But not for Druid?
    edited February 2017
    edited February 2017
    Viconia cannot select Shar as her deity :p .

Also the spell Shadow Monsters crashes the game.
    edited February 2017
    Neutral Evil, didn't touch it.
    edited February 2017
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Ok I am getting confused here. Maybe i have old version (0.58, kit in menus option), but I have no acolyte class (just cleric and mystic classes). I can only choose Acolyte of Shar on character screen when i go with cleric/mage (no multiclass on cleric/thief at all even with half-elf). Going to single class cleric kits there is only one acolyte kit and that is acolyte of Ilmater.

I EE keeppered Vicy to Darkcloak and it works well so far. It seems that acolytes have focused access to one sphere and restricted access to armors. Which suits her I guess, so i would go 2, that is change her class to Acolyte - she doesn't start in metal armor anyway (not sure about SoD thought) and there are other NPCs that fit the classic armored cleric better.
    edited February 2017
    We should just check for character name in the selection dialog or script:

CharName(S:Name*,O:Object*)

This way, we can give npcs their own special choices.. I can't believe that we didn't make a cleric of Shar. In any case, we could make a cleric of Shar and give the choice of either cleric or acolyte ( or incarnate, when they are in) for Vicona. We can change class dynamically in the script as necessary like we do for the zealot so maybe she could be a champion or multi class.

The nice thing about this is that one could have all the choices in a single install. Maybe you want Vic to be a pure priest. Maybe in the next playthrough, you want her to be a cleric mage ( reasonable for a Sharite). Just make the selection when she is added to the party