Skip to content

Faiths and Powers: Gods of the Realms (Kitpack and divine caster/spell tweaks)

Comments

• GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    CrevsDaak said:

b_frz00.spl is referenced in at least three .2da files present in my override folder (B_ZE00.2DA, B_ZEALOT.2DA and clabpa04.2da) but the file doesn't exist in the override folder. I installed everything with "Select an installation method below: -> ALL the new kits, the kit selection dialogue, and the sphere system: 0.61".

I'm totally not ignoring this @CrevsDaak but i think that it's not a game killing bug. Zealots should get their frenzy when they select their deity, though they may not have (a weakened) one before that. I'll need to check. In any case, I should get some time soon and I'll fix it then
  • Woolie_WoolWoolie_Wool Member Posts: 153
    edited March 2017
    Any chance of a kit for Mazzy's deity so she can be a paladin for real? I've tended to play paladin myself so I haven't used her yet, but she's definitely my favorite of the NPCs I haven't used for managing to overcome gender stereotypes, racial stereotypes, and even the 2E rules themselves because she's just that badass. If I do a playthrough of BG2 as a caster class I'll definitely have her in my party.

Any chance of a kit for Mazzy's deity so she can be a paladin for real? I've tended to play paladin myself so I haven't used her yet, but she's definitely my favorite of the NPCs I haven't used for managing to overcome gender stereotypes, racial stereotypes, and even the 2E rules themselves because she's just that badass. If I do a playthrough of BG2 as a caster class I'll definitely have her in my party.

Ahh that's right. I think we may have forgotten her. But isn't part of her backstory that she was denied paladinhood due to her being demihuman? Well, it is a silly restriction, so I'm perfectly happy to make something for her...so, I'll get on that Saturday
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    edited March 2017
    I loaded this up on BG2EE and started a new game. The cleric selection dialog works great and the choices are neat!

However, I get Minsc out of his cage and I select his Choose a Diety option and I get a choice of Ranger or Stalker. Neither have any choice to select. At this point I am trapped in the dialog and need to force down the game. If I don't initiate the dialog, then Minsc only has cure light wounds for 1st level spells.
    Jaheria was predefined, so she is fine. Like the forest druid. Just noticed that Jahera still has her original spells that she had memorized (what she has when she is unmodded) at the start of a game showing up in her spells to cast (not in here memorization book). She can't cast the spells, but they are there and you can put them in the quick spell slots. So they jut take up space.
    Post edited by Necromanx2 on
    Got to 11 level with a Doomguide cleric. Noticed that my turn undead level is 17 instead of 15 (+4). Also, at 11th level I got the Death Ward effect. The description says I should have gotten it at 7th level. I did not get the negative plane protection at 11th level as the description says either.

I really like the sphere system. Very impressed with this so far.
    The Priest of Mystra says it has the ability to use "Arcane Weaving" to cast some arcane spells, but I can't figure out how to use it? Can I get some instructions.
    edited March 2017
    Just checked and "Arcane Weaving" is not in my spell book for the priest for levels 2 - 5 (5 is the highest level I can cast at the moment).

I just tried to add the spells using EE keeper. The 2nd & 3rd level spells say I have the max amount of spells know for those levels and I cannot add the "Arcane Weaving". 4th and 5th level I could add.
    edited March 2017
    Just grabbed Anomin and he did not provide an option to select a cleric class. So he has pretty much no spell selection. Also, It won't fill the memorization slots in the spell book with the spells that are available when I select them.
    Like Jaheria, Anomin has a bunch of spells that I can see when I select the spell casting icon. But they are not showing memorized in the priest spell book and I cannot cast them.
    Hi @subtledoctor ,

Here is my weidu.log.

Anomic is a dual class fighter (7) Cleric (7+).
    Getting the Arcane Weaving spells to show up for the Priest of Mystra would be great as well.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~UNOFFICIAL ITEM PACK/SETUP-UNOFFICIAL ITEM PACK.TP2~ #1 #0 // Unofficial Item Pack
    ~UNOFFICIAL ITEM PACK/SETUP-UNOFFICIAL ITEM PACK.TP2~ #1 #1 // Scarlet Katana
    ~UNOFFICIAL ITEM PACK/SETUP-UNOFFICIAL ITEM PACK.TP2~ #1 #2 // Gourmet from Underdark
    ~UNOFFICIAL ITEM PACK/SETUP-UNOFFICIAL ITEM PACK.TP2~ #1 #3 // Holy symbols
    ~UNOFFICIAL ITEM PACK/SETUP-UNOFFICIAL ITEM PACK.TP2~ #1 #4 // New Items
    ~UNOFFICIAL ITEM PACK/SETUP-UNOFFICIAL ITEM PACK.TP2~ #1 #5 // SoD items
    ~UNOFFICIAL ITEM PACK/SETUP-UNOFFICIAL ITEM PACK.TP2~ #1 #6 // Better archery shop
    ~UNOFFICIAL ITEM PACK/SETUP-UNOFFICIAL ITEM PACK.TP2~ #1 #7 // Reworked free action
    ~PALEMASTER/SETUP-PALEMASTER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Pale Master Kit for BG:EE, BG2:EE and IWD:EE: v1.4.3
    ~CONTINOUSVICONIAAPPEARANCE/SETUP-CONTINOUSVICONIAAPPEARANCE.TP2~ #0 #100 // Continous Viconia: 1
    ~A7!GOLEMCONSTRUCTION/SETUP-A7!GOLEMCONSTRUCTION.TP2~ #0 #0 // Golem Construction Ability for Spellcasters: 3.0
    ~A7!GOLEMCONSTRUCTION/SETUP-A7!GOLEMCONSTRUCTION.TP2~ #0 #10 // Replace original Golem Manual: 3.0
    ~NINDE/NINDE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ninde NPC Mod for BGII: v2
    ~WILLOWISP/WILLOWISP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Will NPC, shaman stronghold and new shaman kit for BG2EE
    ~WILLOWISP/WILLOWISP.TP2~ #0 #1 // Change shaman .tlk string to remove "Ineligible for any stronghold" line
    ~WILLOWISP/WILLOWISP.TP2~ #0 #2 // New items for shamans and undead NPCs
    ~WILLOWISP/WILLOWISP.TP2~ #0 #3 // Optional: Drider and Dark Treant Enemies
    ~WILLOWISP/WILLOWISP.TP2~ #0 #4 // Crossmod Banters
    ~WILLOWISP/WILLOWISP.TP2~ #0 #5 // Witchlight Shaman standalone kit for BG:EE and BG2:EE
    ~PAINA/SETUP-PAINA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Pai'Na NPC for BG:EE
    ~BARDICWONDERS/SETUP-BARDICWONDERS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Bardic Wonders: Kits
    ~BARDICWONDERS/SETUP-BARDICWONDERS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Bardic Wonders: Items
    ~SARADAS_REVISIONED_SHAPESHIFTER/SARADAS_REVISIONED_SHAPESHIFTER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Saradas_Revisioned_Shapeshifter
    ~ELDRITCH_MAGIC/ELDRITCH_MAGIC.TP2~ #0 #0 // EE: Item Expansion: v1.68
    ~ELDRITCH_MAGIC/ELDRITCH_MAGIC.TP2~ #0 #1 // Congenio's Pebble Collection: v1.68
    ~ELDRITCH_MAGIC/ELDRITCH_MAGIC.TP2~ #0 #2 // START_XP - BGEE:SoD 161k & BG2EE 500k: v1.68
    ~ELDRITCH_MAGIC/ELDRITCH_MAGIC.TP2~ #0 #3 // XP Cap Removal -> Remove XP Cap: v1.68
    ~ELDRITCH_MAGIC/ELDRITCH_MAGIC.TP2~ #0 #7 // Remove Dual & Multi Class Restrictions -> Dualclass Demihumans: v1.68
    ~ELDRITCH_MAGIC/ELDRITCH_MAGIC.TP2~ #0 #200 // Abyssal Warrior: v1.68
    ~ELDRITCH_MAGIC/ELDRITCH_MAGIC.TP2~ #0 #201 // Windrider: v1.68
    ~ELDRITCH_MAGIC/ELDRITCH_MAGIC.TP2~ #0 #300 // Herbalist: v1.68
    ~ELDRITCH_MAGIC/ELDRITCH_MAGIC.TP2~ #0 #301 // Priestess of Lolth: v1.68
    ~ELDRITCH_MAGIC/ELDRITCH_MAGIC.TP2~ #0 #600 // Undead Hunter: v1.68
    ~ELDRITCH_MAGIC/ELDRITCH_MAGIC.TP2~ #0 #700 // Bladesinger -> Bladesinger: v1.68
    ~ELDRITCH_MAGIC/ELDRITCH_MAGIC.TP2~ #0 #701 // Eldritch Knight -> Eldritch Knight: v1.68
    ~ELDRITCH_MAGIC/ELDRITCH_MAGIC.TP2~ #0 #702 // War Wizard -> War Wizard: v1.68
    ~ELDRITCH_MAGIC/ELDRITCH_MAGIC.TP2~ #0 #1200 // Wilderness Runner: v1.68
    ~ELDRITCH_MAGIC/ELDRITCH_MAGIC.TP2~ #0 #1400 // Priest of Mystra -> Priest of Mystra: v1.68
    ~FAITHS_AND_POWERS/FAITHS_AND_POWERS.TP2~ #0 #101 // Select an installation method below: -> ALL the new kits, the kit selection dialogue, and the sphere system: 0.61
    edited March 2017
    FnP 0.61a
    Can you see why the Arcane weaving spells are not available for my Priest of Mystra as well?

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~UNOFFICIAL ITEM PACK/SETUP-UNOFFICIAL ITEM PACK.TP2~ #1 #0 // Unofficial Item Pack
    ~UNOFFICIAL ITEM PACK/SETUP-UNOFFICIAL ITEM PACK.TP2~ #1 #1 // Scarlet Katana
    ~UNOFFICIAL ITEM PACK/SETUP-UNOFFICIAL ITEM PACK.TP2~ #1 #2 // Gourmet from Underdark
    ~UNOFFICIAL ITEM PACK/SETUP-UNOFFICIAL ITEM PACK.TP2~ #1 #3 // Holy symbols
    ~UNOFFICIAL ITEM PACK/SETUP-UNOFFICIAL ITEM PACK.TP2~ #1 #4 // New Items
    ~UNOFFICIAL ITEM PACK/SETUP-UNOFFICIAL ITEM PACK.TP2~ #1 #5 // SoD items
    ~UNOFFICIAL ITEM PACK/SETUP-UNOFFICIAL ITEM PACK.TP2~ #1 #6 // Better archery shop
    ~UNOFFICIAL ITEM PACK/SETUP-UNOFFICIAL ITEM PACK.TP2~ #1 #7 // Reworked free action
    ~PALEMASTER/SETUP-PALEMASTER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Pale Master Kit for BG:EE, BG2:EE and IWD:EE: v1.4.3
    ~CONTINOUSVICONIAAPPEARANCE/SETUP-CONTINOUSVICONIAAPPEARANCE.TP2~ #0 #100 // Continous Viconia: 1
    ~A7!GOLEMCONSTRUCTION/SETUP-A7!GOLEMCONSTRUCTION.TP2~ #0 #0 // Golem Construction Ability for Spellcasters: 3.0
    ~A7!GOLEMCONSTRUCTION/SETUP-A7!GOLEMCONSTRUCTION.TP2~ #0 #10 // Replace original Golem Manual: 3.0
    ~NINDE/NINDE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ninde NPC Mod for BGII: v2
    ~WILLOWISP/WILLOWISP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Will NPC, shaman stronghold and new shaman kit for BG2EE
    ~WILLOWISP/WILLOWISP.TP2~ #0 #1 // Change shaman .tlk string to remove "Ineligible for any stronghold" line
    ~WILLOWISP/WILLOWISP.TP2~ #0 #2 // New items for shamans and undead NPCs
    ~WILLOWISP/WILLOWISP.TP2~ #0 #3 // Optional: Drider and Dark Treant Enemies
    ~WILLOWISP/WILLOWISP.TP2~ #0 #4 // Crossmod Banters
    ~WILLOWISP/WILLOWISP.TP2~ #0 #5 // Witchlight Shaman standalone kit for BG:EE and BG2:EE
    ~PAINA/SETUP-PAINA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Pai'Na NPC for BG:EE
    ~BARDICWONDERS/SETUP-BARDICWONDERS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Bardic Wonders: Kits
    ~BARDICWONDERS/SETUP-BARDICWONDERS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Bardic Wonders: Items
    ~SARADAS_REVISIONED_SHAPESHIFTER/SARADAS_REVISIONED_SHAPESHIFTER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Saradas_Revisioned_Shapeshifter
    ~ELDRITCH_MAGIC/ELDRITCH_MAGIC.TP2~ #0 #0 // EE: Item Expansion: v1.68
    ~ELDRITCH_MAGIC/ELDRITCH_MAGIC.TP2~ #0 #1 // Congenio's Pebble Collection: v1.68
    ~ELDRITCH_MAGIC/ELDRITCH_MAGIC.TP2~ #0 #2 // START_XP - BGEE:SoD 161k & BG2EE 500k: v1.68
    ~ELDRITCH_MAGIC/ELDRITCH_MAGIC.TP2~ #0 #3 // XP Cap Removal -> Remove XP Cap: v1.68
    ~ELDRITCH_MAGIC/ELDRITCH_MAGIC.TP2~ #0 #7 // Remove Dual & Multi Class Restrictions -> Dualclass Demihumans: v1.68
    ~ELDRITCH_MAGIC/ELDRITCH_MAGIC.TP2~ #0 #200 // Abyssal Warrior: v1.68
    ~ELDRITCH_MAGIC/ELDRITCH_MAGIC.TP2~ #0 #201 // Windrider: v1.68
    ~ELDRITCH_MAGIC/ELDRITCH_MAGIC.TP2~ #0 #300 // Herbalist: v1.68
    ~ELDRITCH_MAGIC/ELDRITCH_MAGIC.TP2~ #0 #301 // Priestess of Lolth: v1.68
    ~ELDRITCH_MAGIC/ELDRITCH_MAGIC.TP2~ #0 #600 // Undead Hunter: v1.68
    ~ELDRITCH_MAGIC/ELDRITCH_MAGIC.TP2~ #0 #700 // Bladesinger -> Bladesinger: v1.68
    ~ELDRITCH_MAGIC/ELDRITCH_MAGIC.TP2~ #0 #701 // Eldritch Knight -> Eldritch Knight: v1.68
    ~ELDRITCH_MAGIC/ELDRITCH_MAGIC.TP2~ #0 #702 // War Wizard -> War Wizard: v1.68
    ~ELDRITCH_MAGIC/ELDRITCH_MAGIC.TP2~ #0 #1200 // Wilderness Runner: v1.68
    ~ELDRITCH_MAGIC/ELDRITCH_MAGIC.TP2~ #0 #1400 // Priest of Mystra -> Priest of Mystra: v1.68
    ~FAITHS_AND_POWERS/FAITHS_AND_POWERS.TP2~ #0 #101 // Select an installation method below: -> ALL the new kits, the kit selection dialogue, and the sphere system: 0.61

@Necromanx2 more info please!

- What version of FnP are you using?

- What other mods do you have installed? Can you zip your weidu.log and attach it to a post, or just copy the text from it and paste it inside [ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ] tags? (Without those spaces inside the brackets.)

- What class is Anomen? Single, multi, dual? What kit?

EDIT - wait, have we made the NPC code public yet? @Grammarsalad is there a release for v0.63? Maybe not - that would explain this. Assuming that's the issue, do you want me to make it public? Or are you still testing/adding stuff?

@subtledoctor

No, not yet. Still testing. I got caught up in something else, but figured out a new trick that I'll probably share on the ' how to do things with weidu' thread.

But yeah, I have the entire week off and that is my Modding priority

Cool, just double-checking.

@Necromanx2 the reason Anomen doesn't have a kit is because the version of the mod you're using doesn't do anything to NPCs.

Easiest fix, install NPC_EE. (You can install it last, on top of an existing modded game.)

There is still the issue with the mystra kit. I'm not seeing anything in that log that looks like it would mess with the kit, but I'm not sure I've ever taken a close look at it ( though it is a cool looking kit with unique and interesting abilities)

Anyway, if you want @subtledoctor , I can investigate this issue while testing npcs
    At 11th level the Ur-Priest received Shadow Step as a special ability. The kit description didn't mention it so I was wondering if it was suppose to get that?
    edited March 2017
    I found another issue with an NPC not being able to select the appropriate deity--Glint Gardnersonson cannot select Mask as his patron deity even though that's his canon patron.

(also I must thank FnP's expanded weapon choices for actually making Glint useful).
    edited March 2017

At 11th level the Ur-Priest received Shadow Step as a special ability. The kit description didn't mention it so I was wondering if it was suppose to get that?

It's definitely not supposed to get that...

I found another issue with an NPC not being able to select the appropriate deity--Glint Gardnersonson cannot select Mask as his patron deity even though that's his canon patron.

(also I must thank FnP's expanded weapon choices for actually making Glint useful).

I will test this in the new version.

Edit: and we should get it straight: who does he worship?
    Post edited by Grammarsalad on
    Huh. So he is. I was under the impression that he followed Mask because his belt is described as a holy object of Mask.
    edited March 2017
    One more thing. For the Ur-Priest, is he suppose to get the first level spell Cure Light Wounds? I would think not given that he does not have Life access, but I see he gets it.

EDIT: I'm surprised that the Ur-Priest has access to Vigor spells? These seem to be partner spells to Life in my opinion. Just wondering as I am fine with him getting these.
    edited March 2017

One more thing. For the Ur-Priest, is he suppose to get the first level spell Cure Light Wounds? I would think not given that he does not have Life access, but I see he gets it.

EDIT: I'm surprised that the Ur-Priest has access to Vigor spells? These seem to be partner spells to Life in my opinion. Just wondering as I am fine with him getting these.

Right now they have to get access to CLW as that is a universal spell. If we change around universal spells, then this will change. (Universal spells are what we take all players to basically expect any priest character to have. Let us know if you think a variant list would be better).

That is a good point about Vigor. I'm fine with removing it--and possibly replacing it with something else that might be more appropriate?--if it's too jarring.
  • helo138helo138 Member Posts: 53
    edited March 2017
    I played with the mod (v 0.58) through BgEE and I´m now in the SoD-expansion part. Congrats on the beta release, it works really well.
    I only ran into some small issues, regarding spells and sphere access:
    The only two spells I came across which where not working as intended are the level 3 spell shadow monsters and the level 4 spell shout from the destruction sphere. Summoning shadow monsters crashes the game and shout doesn´t seem to do anything aside from freezing the caster for 2-3 seconds. Every other spell I used while playing through the game worked fine for me (although I must admit that I didn´t check every spell).

In SOD my arctic druid got access to the cure mortal wounds spell (level 5), although he only has minor access to the healing sphere. He doesn´t get any vigor spells, but protection from acid, electricity and cold (protection/elemental). I don´t know if this is intended, because he has mayor access to light, air and water sphere but not to the protection sphere.

But again, for a beta these are only minor issues and the mod is in very good shape already.
    Keep up the good work. :)

Edit: to make things clear, my druid doesn´t have access to the shadow monsters and shout spells, I also had Viconia as darkcloak of shar in my team, and she can cast this spells.
    edited March 2017

It's definitely not supposed to get that...

I will test this in the new version.

Edit: and we should get it straight: who does he worship?
    It is indeed Berevar Cloakshadow he worships. He just has a holy relic of Mask on his person for...some reason. Also he gets 50 thief points a level--what the hell?

Possibly dumb idea: Can clerics of dead gods still cast spells? If so, what do you think of the idea of evil champions or clerics being able to convert to Bhaal starting with chapter 6 of BG1? (Of course, if Bhaal's clerics all got de-powered by Bhaal's death, there would be no point to this)

(also the whole Bhaalspawn thing might make being a priest of Cyric...complicated, considering you're a key part of the resurrection of the guy Cyric replaced, and he has a vested interest in making sure he stays dead for good)
    I see the shadow monster issue in BG2EE (crashes game).

Viconia does not have the option of selecting Shar. I ended up selecting Lovator.

Is the water elemental suppose to run all around on its own? If I try to select where to move it, it just does its own thing. The fire elemental moves where I select and only runs off if it sees an enemy. This is annoying.
    edited March 2017

It is indeed Berevar Cloakshadow he worships. He just has a holy relic of Mask on his person for...some reason. Also he gets 50 thief points a level--what the hell?

That's weird. Is that normal behavior (i.e
    50 points per level)?

Possibly dumb idea: Can clerics of dead gods still cast spells? If so, what do you think of the idea of evil champions or clerics being able to convert to Bhaal starting with chapter 6 of BG1? (Of course, if Bhaal's clerics all got de-powered by Bhaal's death, there would be no point to this)

(also the whole Bhaalspawn thing might make being a priest of Cyric...complicated, considering you're a key part of the resurrection of the guy Cyric replaced, and he has a vested interest in making sure he stays dead for good)

They're kind of not supposed to be able to...but, there are exceptions. Faiths and Avatars suggests that Moander is (or was) dead, but his priests still get spells.

Also, it suggests that Cyric grants spells to Bane and possibly Leira priests. Which already potentially complicates things for other kits... I think that at around the time of the bhaalspawn fiasco, Cyric is insane, but I'm not sure. He might continue to grant charname spells because Chaos, or because he thinks that Charname can get rid of the other bhaalspawns, and then give him that power. ALso, I think Cyric makes an appearance in ToB. But at that point, charname has tapped enough of their divine heritage to be the source of their own powers.

I think that there was a 'scion of Bhaal' kit around that worked something like this. In any case, it's something worth exploring
    Post edited by Grammarsalad on

I see the shadow monster issue in BG2EE (crashes game).

Viconia does not have the option of selecting Shar. I ended up selecting Lovator.

Is the water elemental suppose to run all around on its own? If I try to select where to move it, it just does its own thing. The fire elemental moves where I select and only runs off if it sees an enemy. This is annoying.

Vicona will start as a darkcloak of Shar in the next version...

I'm focusing on spells next, so keep these reports coming...