Skip to content

Faiths and Powers: Gods of the Realms (Kitpack and divine caster/spell tweaks)

Comments

• GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582

Dear @Grammarsalad and @subtledoctor

I've been looking at @Artemius_I's Hive Druid and @zupsky's Lost Druid kits, with a view to including them in my future Faith & Powers install.

I have read your instructions for making kits compatible with F&P (in the other mods/F_n_P_kit_compatability subfolder). Is it possible to add sphere access to individual kits on my own, given that I know squat about coding? In your instructions, you mention the insertion of code to run a WEIDU, followed by other code. Could future versions of F&P come with a barebones WEIDU and tpa/tp2 stashed in the lib. folder that'll do the trick if copied to the mod in question (this is me speaking out of my bum, I have no idea if what I just suggested is how things work), or with a txt.-file giving the code to be inserted in the mod in question?

It is. Its much easier to install those kits first. I'm posting between rl obligations, so i hope that @subtledoctor can walk you through it.

If not, I'll explain it later tonight
  • Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    Cheers. I'm not in any particular hurry.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Contemplative_Hamster
  • Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    Got it! Hey, I did say I had no idea what I was talking about.
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    I see the Ur-Priest gets the bonus spell per level like a Cleric (4 1st level spells with 18 wisdom). I had read in an early post that this was not the vision, but maybe you went with it?
    edited March 2017
    I am impressed that you seemed to cover the Gnome Cleric/Illusionist multi-class very well. I can add the cleric kit without breaking the illusionist. I used EE Keeper to go to 5th level and everything looked good. Great work!!

Edit: Upon further review, the multi-class cleric/illusionist has problems. Qualye can't scribe mage spells and my character where I selected Baivar (spelling wrong) can't memorize any cleric spells other than heal light wounds at first level.
    Post edited by Necromanx2 on
    Grammarsalad
    edited March 2017
    Just got Yeslick in BGEE (mines). He started with the special ability of hammer and hardiness before I selected his cleric kit (he did not default to a kit). Once I selected the Clangadin kit for him he had two uses of each ability. Then I leveled him up (32k XP when I got him) and he got a dispel magic special ability. I don't see that in the kit description.

Edit: Qualye's only option is the Druid/Mage kit. He has shadow step and invisibility as abilities.
    Grammarsalad

I am impressed that you seemed to cover the Gnome Cleric/Illusionist multi-class very well. I can add the cleric kit without breaking the illusionist. I used EE Keeper to go to 5th level and everything looked good. Great work!!

Edit: Upon further review, the multi-class cleric/illusionist has problems. Qualye can't scribe mage spells and my character where I selected Baivar (spelling wrong) can't memorize any cleric spells other than heal light wounds at first level.

@Necromanx2

When you say that Qualye can't scribe mage scrolls: is this from a mod? If so, is it from Atweaks or tome and blood?
    edited March 2017
    @Grammarsalad I don't have Tome and Blood or aTweaks installed. Qualye had no problem scribing scrolls prior to FnP. I am wondering if when I select a cleric kit it is messing with his Illusionist class?
    GrammarsaladCrevsDaak

@Grammarsalad perhaps just to be safe, the C/M Baravar kit should include the illusionist value in its usability flag?

That's a good idea
    edited March 2017

@Grammarsalad I don't have Tome and Blood or aTweaks installed. Qualye had no problem scribing scrolls prior to FnP. I am wondering if when I select a cleric kit it is messing with his Illusionist class?

Are you talking about the high level ability?

As far as i know, there are only two mods that allow mages to scribe scrolls. Heh, I'm the author of one of them ( the component in tnb).

Anyway, barring the high level ability(?), mages don't scribe scrolls normally
    Post edited by Grammarsalad on
    edited March 2017
    I mean your definition subledoctor. To add a spell to the spellbook.

Sorry, scribe is how D&D called it back in the day. I am pretty old school. You create scrolls, but scribe them to your spellbook.
    Lol, my bag
    No worries. I am very grateful for you, subtledoctor, and others making such an effort to create such a wonderful mod!
    Grammarsalad
  • Woolie_WoolWoolie_Wool Member Posts: 153
    Any chance for a zealot kit for Mask (or similarly sneaky deity) that gets the Stalker's backstab multiplier, perhaps in exchange for losing one of the normal zealot abilities (I'd pick Fury, that doesn't seem like a very sneaky sort of thing to do)?
    CrevsDaakGrammarsaladContemplative_Hamster
    CrevsDaakGrammarsalad

Any chance for a zealot kit for Mask (or similarly sneaky deity) that gets the Stalker's backstab multiplier, perhaps in exchange for losing one of the normal zealot abilities (I'd pick Fury, that doesn't seem like a very sneaky sort of thing to do)?

Yeah, I like it. Added to the list
    edited March 2017
    The Battleguard of Tempus says he is suppose to get a +1 to damage with any melee weapon. I am not seeing this bonus show in my damage potential area of my inventory screen.

Edit - The Darkcloak of Shar says it can be taken on a multi-class Cleric/Thief. I tried with an Elf and Human, but I can't get the option for a cleric/thief.

I had my Darkcloak of Shar cast his Power word: Sleep special ability on Shank in Candle keep and nothing happened. The spell cast, but he did not sleep. Tried it a couple times for no effect (reloads). The ability does work on Gibberlings and Tarnesh, but not Shank.
  • AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    @Necromanx2 , I've actually run into a similar issue with global melee damage bonuses for a mod that I'm currently working on. Could you attack something with the Battleguard and see if the damage is correctly modified; fastest way would be to make a weapon that always does a fixed amount of damage in NI and then see how much it deals on normal difficulty.
    edited March 2017
    I have not been able to confirm the +1 damage yet. I will keep looking to see.
    Just saw that I am getting the +1 damage bonus.

I have found that when my Battleguard of Tempus gained his second and third levels he only got 6hp for each level and not 8. I did get 8 at level 1. So I have 20 hp instead of 24hp at level 3.
    In addition to these kits not being present, Shadow Mystic, Animist, Elementalist. I just noticed that the Lupin has gone away in the latest release (was in prior release).

In addition to these kits not being present, Shadow Mystic, Animist, Elementalist. I just noticed that the Lupin has gone away in the latest release (was in prior release).

hmmm, that's one of Subtledoctor's babies.
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592

Aren't we going back to simply calling it "shapeshifter?"

I don't think those kits are "not present," I think you just can't see them. What game are you playing? Have you tried scrolling down in the kit window?
    I can confirm the both the elementalist and the lupinist are here (I remember specifically seeing them last time I created a character, which takes me about 2h every time because of you now :smile: )

Besides, just wanted to tell you about a small bug, might already have been reported but I don't really wanna read these 10 pages of new content :neutral: Anyway, in my fresh new install of your mod (uninstalled the previous version you sent me by PM and reinstalled everything), it appears that the Zealot of Ilmater doesn't get the "Fury" special ability he should, but instead they get the Burning fury (or whatever it is called) of the Zealot of Kossuth. Made a quick test, looks like there is no other such bug on the other kits, and the Zealot of Kossuth does get the right "fury"
    Grammarsalad
    They are not in my BGEE game using 0.63b. No scroll option in my list. I tried the mouse roller ball and up/down arrows and don't see anything else. No scroll bar visible as well.
  • Woolie_WoolWoolie_Wool Member Posts: 153
    The Siege of Dragonspear UI does not allow scrolling in the kit window.
    BGEE, not SoD.