Skip to content

So the compensation for their delay of CE box....

2»

Comments

• QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Coriander said:

Quartz said:

it's still far more difficult to implement voice sets than it was in the original game...

I'm totally rusty on BG:EE, what are the steps vs the original? What makes it difficult?
    @CrevsDaak knows his stuff, he covered the process for BG:EE pretty well up above. There's an extra step involved, which is a little better than BG:EE was on initial release if memory serves. In the original, you literally recorded your voice files and threw them in a folder and you were good to go.

@CrevsDaak if it really is easier now, I shall have to give it another go sometime soon. I just remember being salty as all hell on game launch when I couldn't figure out how to do it. No folder or anything, you had to extract it into the game somehow or something...
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Wesboi said:

ThacoBell said:

Wesboi said:

To be fair we all know how unreliable beamdog are.

Yup, bringing a 15 year game back and making it work on modern systems, as well as tasty delicious extra patches adding content and new characters. Is any low too low for those scoundrals!?
    Shame I have been forced to make my own mods to fix the 3 releases they have on the Android platform. Even have to downgrade my steam version to 1.3 at times to make sure there isn't any save issues when I need to use the console to generate some fixes I need.

Guess that's the definition of reliability.

I can and do already play icewind dale 2 and planescape on tablets via gemrb and have been for ages.
    Oh no, you use the very stable and popular 1.3 build. How do you survive?
  • WesboiWesboi Member Posts: 403
    edited February 2017
    ThacoBell said:

Wesboi said:

ThacoBell said:

Wesboi said:

To be fair we all know how unreliable beamdog are.

Yup, bringing a 15 year game back and making it work on modern systems, as well as tasty delicious extra patches adding content and new characters. Is any low too low for those scoundrals!?
    Shame I have been forced to make my own mods to fix the 3 releases they have on the Android platform. Even have to downgrade my steam version to 1.3 at times to make sure there isn't any save issues when I need to use the console to generate some fixes I need.

Guess that's the definition of reliability.

I can and do already play icewind dale 2 and planescape on tablets via gemrb and have been for ages.
    Oh no, you use the very stable and popular 1.3 build. How do you survive?
    Guess you don't play on tablets and pc. Be a fan boy all you want we know that beamdog offer poor support and rubbish work around as temporary fixes.

As a paying customer should I have to provide my own time and resources to fix easily fixable things via mods I've had to conjure up because beamdog seem very unreliable in fixing there own products. They need a better support team who actually bother helping out the community I know subtledoctor has made mods and shares them for icewind dale.

Will I share my fixes. No. It's not my job. That screenshot is one of the bugs I've fixed with the bless spell it's been that way for 1.5 years.
    Quartz
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    "Guess you don't play on tablets and pc." Actually I do play on pc. I thought you meant 1.3 BG. But IWD is currently on 1.4 and that bless bug doesn't occur for me.. Contacting customer support would be more productive than creating an account to do nothing but complain post nothing but negativity on the forum.
    CrevsDaak
  • WesboiWesboi Member Posts: 403
    edited February 2017
    When beamdog actually deliver something worth while maybe. I did mention how SoD had good artwork and overall presentation but generally was below par game play wise IMHO. (More is harder style fights like HoF mode).

That bless bug no longer occurs for me but then I modded it totally. Happened on 3 different devices same bug each time.
    Post edited by Wesboi on
    Quartz
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Quartz yeah I get what you mean. The sounds should go in lang/en_US/sounds. Dunno if they are using BG2 or BG1 id rules for the soundset but that well. Check sndlist.txt in that same folder it has the info you need about the naming id rules and stuff.
    Quartz
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Troodon80 said:

lroumen said:

Nitpicking... A fable is a story where non-humans are anthropomorphized (given human qualities such as speech) which is not really what your story entails. I think you meant parable.

Fable, fabel, fablis, and fabule can all be used (the latter three are archaic) as a word to describe "a fictitious story, a tale not based in fact," not specifically relating in any way to non-humans in general. A fabler or fabular (or fabulator) are people who write and narrate (respectively) said fables.

It is also the same as fabliau/fabliaux, a more generic "metrical tale."

/nitpick the nitpick
    Dee said:

I blame Peter Molynieux.

I blame Cursor Mundi and the writings of Richard Rolle.

Oh, and I blame the French.

And the brothers Grimm.

Finally, Peter Molyneux. :P
    Respectfully disagree :). Blame aesopus.
    filcat88AstroBryGuyCrevsDaak
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    edited February 2017
    *sing song voice* "Blame Canada! Blame Canada!"

"They're not even a real country anyway."
    SethDavisCrevsDaak
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I'm going to start calling you Alaundo, @Quartz. Just don't start talking about MY future. ;)
    CrevsDaakQuartz
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    lroumen said:

So you're respectfully disagreeing with Aesop's Fables? (note: I have read most of these, and while the majority do have non-humans with human properties, such as speech, not all of them do; therefore, as I said previously) :P
    CrevsDaak
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Only recall Aesop's fables as the versions in the old Bullwinkle cartoons.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Troodon80 said:

lroumen said:

So you're respectfully disagreeing with Aesop's Fables? (note: I have read most of these, and while the majority do have non-humans with human properties, such as speech, not all of them do; therefore, as I said previously) :P
    No the other way around.
    I disagree with the fabler thing. When i go to the root of the meaning of ancient Greek and Roman, it was anthropomorphic only. Other story types got specific names (like parable). For example the Fable game is not really a fable. And my different point of view you can blame on Aesopus who is sort of the grandfather of the fable.
    So from your statement I gather that apparently that meaning is different in current age. Grimm, Anderson, etc.. some stories they have are fables (bremen musicians) but most are just parables (hansel and gretl) or just stories (snow white (is there really a lesson there...)). Am i to understand that people tend to group it all together into a fable term? That makes no sense to me.
    Tangent, the best long fables are ysengrimus and van den vos reynaerde. Highly recommended to read.

Anyway, maybe back in topic.
    Troodon80CrevsDaak
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    It's almost like etymology of words is a thing...
    Troodon80tbone1CrevsDaak
  • mrkingkakemrkingkake Member Posts: 2
    @Teo_live, @filcat88, @rapsam2003 Thank you for your post. It's never late to compensate, I have other times with other companies waited 2 weeks, where the company wrote a apology for the delay and payed for shipping fee, because of their mistake. They too were a small company like Beamdog. This is over a year and excuse me, if I didn't read "Expected time of deliver: over 1 Year + Your money spent on CE will be used for the production, because we didn't make a estimated number of order and prepared the product before hand".

If they had made that loud and clear, I wouldn't have bought it.

Is a cheap trick to make a CE available and let the buyer get the game, but not deliver the CE at the same time and then withdraw the money.

By the way I tried several times contacting the support to cancel my order and they denied. I don't remember their many excuses for not changing my order to standard edition.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    First off, a year is a long time to wait, and if I ordered a CE, I would probably be as frustrated as the OP.

But you can not expect the same type of compensation that you get from another company, because it is an entirely other company.

The PR in Beamdog's short history has been shoddy and this fiasco is no different. Refunds were offered recently I believe so that was an option (even if it was a brief window).

However, it is up to Beamdog to consider what is a reasonable compensation for the CE pre-orders as it is their business and decision to determine what it will take to keep the majority of the purchasers happy.

Whatever that is, you as a consumer needs to look at it and determine if you wish to continue to support them in the future.

Demanding something else comes off as opportunist and greedy. Suggesting a compensation however, is a different story if the company asks for your suggestion. Just dont expect it (or nothing is stopping from people from saying "I want the CE for free")
    ThacoBellsemiticgoddessQuartzTeo_live