Skip to content

[BUG] Death when Charisma drops to 0

[Windows ] Equipped Helm that substracts 3 of charisma on a dwarf with only 2 charisma

Observed:
Character dies. Other members of the party with high charisma don't

Expected:
Character should not die.

Notes:
Tested on Windows 7

Thanks!

Comments

• Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,366
    I don't believe that's a bug. Whenever a stat drops to 0 that's an insta-kill. That very fact allows for a lot of exploits like killing 'unkillable' NPC's with 'Shapechange-mind flayer' for instance.
    ThacoBellEarnest_ernestCrevsDaaksemiticgoddess
  • Earnest_ernestEarnest_ernest Member Posts: 40
    Well, I don't think it is very realistic, but neither is to have a stat of 0 or below. So fine by me
    edited March 2017
    Balrog99 said:

Well in all seriousness it's about as realistic as a 6' man being able to carry 5 swords, 3 maces, a couple of full plate mails (while wearing another), a bow and 240 arrows in his quiver. He should not only need a high strength but also like 8 arms or something.

Besides there's something kind of intriguing about being so ugly and unlikable that you just die. Maybe it's suicide?

He can carry all that because of magic. DUH! If there is a holding bag that hasn't ever met a bottom, why can't he carry all that? :P

Maybe, maybe the guy is so ugly that the universe doesn't like him
    [Deleted User]
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Charisma isn't just good looks. Force of will, personality, leadership skills.
    CrevsDaakEarnest_ernestsemiticgoddess
    edited March 2017
    I wonder. What kind of personality would someone with '0' charisma have? Would everything that person said just be the most annoying thing ever heard by whoever they were talking too? Imagine being hit on by somebody with '0' charisma.

"Hey, baby! You sure are looking less ugly than usual tonight."
    (Said while picking nose)
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Maybe they would be a vegetable. That would explain the fail state.
    [Deleted User]Earnest_ernest
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,270
    edited March 2017
    To have any kind of "Charisma" you need Inteligencie + Wisdom + Physical appearance. If you Charisma is ZERO, then all of those stats are also 0 = you no longer exist ;)
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    A charisma of 0 would mean you loathe yourself and you would become suicidal.
    [Deleted User]Balrog99
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    SkatanbillbiscoEarnest_ernest
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    Someone with zero charisma is incapable of self-management. In a setting with modern sanitation, they'd die of dysentery.
    Balrog99Earnest_ernest
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    ALIEN said:

To have any kind of "Charisma" you need Inteligencie + Wisdom + Physical appearance. If you Charisma is ZERO, then all of those stats are also 0 = you no longer exist ;)

yeah sorta... psyche is represented with the three mental attributes and if one of them reaches 0 it means your brain stopped functioning and you're now a plant
    ThacoBell
    edited March 2017
    ALIEN said:

Not sure that's entirely true. There are people that you just like to be around. They don't have to have any particular intelligence or wisdom. I kind of think of it as their 'aura'. A high CHA individual with very low INT and/or WIS would just mean they have to make up for it by being strikingly beautiful.
    Earnest_ernest
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    Not necessarily "beautiful" but yeah, they're people you want to hang around (that's why in P&P your hireling capacity is handled by Charisma). Someone with low INT and WIS could just be someone who is very sure of themself and hard to dissuade rather than *just* beautiful/handsome.

(There's a bit of a conflation with Wisdom in that, though, in that raw willpower is traditionally handled under the WIS of the victim, but someone who is charismatic will usually divert you from your attempt to out-will them before it becomes an issue!)
    Balrog99Earnest_ernest

Once there was a CHARNAME. He was so ugly that everyone died. The end.

Beautiful story.. needed dragons and dungeons, but beautiful at all.
    Shandyr said:

Talking about Zero Charisma... Has anyone watched this?

Omg, that looks neat! Im gonna watch it
    [Deleted User]

Brings a tear to my eye...
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875

LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT! I WANT ALL OF YOU TO LOOK AT IT!
    ThacoBell
  • former_customerformer_customer Member Posts: 111
    I think this is an important warning for ugly people. I'm off for some cardio, a scalp waxing, and a mani-pedi.
    Balrog99
  • knasknas Member Posts: 50
    Strength 0 means that the character cannot move at all. He lies helpless on the ground.
    Dexterity 0 means that the character cannot move at all. He stands motionless, rigid, and helpless.
    Constitution 0 means that the character is dead.
    Intelligence 0 means that the character cannot think and is unconscious in a coma-like stupor, helpless.
    Wisdom 0 means that the character is withdrawn into a deep sleep filled with nightmares, helpless.
    Charisma 0 means that the character is withdrawn into a catatonic, coma-like stupor, helpless.

From 3.5 I believe, but close enough
    Balrog99Earnest_ernestsemiticgoddess
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    it's not in line with the BG mechanics ecause any stat hitting 0 means death, not just for CON

the easiest explanation for BG:

STR, DEX, CON 0: cardiac death (muscles rapidly atrophy, break down or become paralyzed)
    INT, WIS, CHA 0: brain death, vegetative state
    ineth