Skip to content

Plan Escape?!?

wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
Please tell me that this is what I hope it is!

www.planescape.com
Teflon

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited March 2017
    Plan Escape: in other words someone plans a jailbreak. But shhh, don't let the jailors get wind from it.
    TeflonDaralon87
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    That's cool. I tried playing PST once but it was too clunky.
    ThacoBellTeflonsparkleav
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Plan Escape?

Hmm maybe it's that Hogans Heroes inspired RPG we've been hearing so much about.
    FinneousPJTeflon
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    I think that trent is actually announcing his plan to retire from beamdog.
    Teflon
    Plan Escape? But once you have a plan, you've got to wonder what can change the nature of a plan. So that's probably not it.
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    It means planning the escape from unpleasant reality into tormented fantasy.
    Travel agency is named "The Pain Lady."
    Teflon
    That sounds dangerous, chief.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    I suddenly thought that the countdown might be leading to april the 1st and that this has been an elaborate (and really cruel) prank. Thankfully that isn't the case.
    CrevsDaaksparkleav
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Rocket Raccoon is good at planning escapes.

Guardians of the Galaxy crpg confirmed!! I am Woot!!!
    tbone1CrevsDaakMathsorcererbrus
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Plan Escape?
    So it's official: they are working on Icewind Dale 3!
    wubbleCrevsDaakbrus
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768

Plan Escape?

Hmm maybe it's that Hogans Heroes inspired RPG we've been hearing so much about.

Nobody escapes from Stalag 13.
    CrevsDaakMathsorcerer
    BillyYank said:

Plan Escape?

I believe they escape for an episode but then they sneak back in by the end of the episode.
    ThacoBellCrevsDaak
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768

BillyYank said:

Plan Escape?

I believe they escape for an episode but then they sneak back in by the end of the episode.
    They use the Stalag as a base for their spying. Hogan and his men don't want to escape.
    CrevsDaaksmeagolheart
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    Don't you know? I plan my escape to run away from myself.
    [Deleted User]CrevsDaakTeflon
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150

Sigil is alive with the sounds of music...

[Deleted User]Teflon
  • Daralon87Daralon87 Member Posts: 236

I hope i not risk a ban... :-(
    wubbleTeflon
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    edited March 2017

PC Gamer seems to think this is all but a certainty. I'm fully in support simply so I don't have to install 5 mods to run the GOG version. HOWEVER....I don't think it's a good idea for Beamdog to write any characters or extra content into this game. There is simply no way people will accept it in a game this well-written. Implement the Unfinished Business mod and update the graphics and UI and let it stand on it's own.

The FAQ addresses your concern.

Well, both: Whether new content was added and whether Unfinished Business has been implemented (the answer to both is "no").
    Teflon
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    Planet Escape: Tournament - Enchanted Addition to be precise.
    wubbleTeflonCrevsDaakGod
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Without new content I can't see myself bothering with this. I loved it when it came out, but I played it so much that it is burned indelibly on my memory, so playing it again would be pointless. Unlike BG and IWD there is not a huge range of main character builds and companions to encourage replayability. "50 hours" seems exaggerated too. It's more like half that (unless you are a slow reader).
    CrevsDaakKuronaTeflon
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Fardragon said:

"50 hours" seems exaggerated too. It's more like half that (unless you are a slow reader).

I think it all comes down to how fast you nail the Modron Maze, how many Glabrezu you farm in Undersigil and how much time you spend exploring around, staring at the screen impressed.

Of course, that's just the first time. Ps:T may be the greatest cRPG out there, but replaying it feels like a chore.
    Teflon
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    I'm not sure yet. I've never played the original, because I'm very, very rarely in the mood for what I call "talky, talky" games. I've had little to no interest in the new "Tides of Numenara" game, or whatever that's called, for the same reason.

But if anything could get me to finally play PST, it would be the EE version. I'll probably wait a while after release, and if everybody's raving about it here on the forum, I'll likely get it and play at least part way through it just to see what all the fuss is about. :)
    Teflon
  • GallengerGallenger Member Posts: 400
    I replay Torment at least once a year - you'd be surprised how many new things you find each time, or manage to forget, in a years time lol. Especially as you make characters with different build/class types.
    Teflon
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    So, folks, who have found the hidden Lady of Pain images on that picture?
    wubbleTeflonCrevsDaak