Skip to content

Issue : I can continue to attack in melee and become immune to everything while the game is paused

WesboiWesboi Member Posts: 403
edited April 2017 in Troubleshooting
I know I'm a miserable douche at times but seriously...on android I can continue to attack in melee and become immune to everything why the game is paused....
Post edited by elminster on

Comments

• TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    Proofreading :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    TeflonArtona
  • WesboiWesboi Member Posts: 403
    Fact I can clear all fighting content while the game is paused and just need to reposition while unpaused. Sorry your beta testers didn't pick up this game breaking bug.

@Illydth sorry I found a bug no one else seemed to the moment I woke up in the morgue what makes all the battles redundant....
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    edited April 2017
    @Chimera

I was more referring to tone than I was content.

We're more than happy to take bug reports from anyone and everyone. They help, they're constructive and it's awesome that our customers take the time and opportunity to communicate issues to us that we can help make better in the future.

If you feel I was being unprofessional in my prior comment I'll give you an apology for that.

However I will not apologize for asking our OP to keep comments / complaints about testing directed at the QA staff and not at our volunteer beta testers who put their free time and their hearts and souls into testing our software for us for not much more than a "thanks" at the end of the day.

Edit: I've "toned down" my prior comment. I fully get where it looked harsher than it was intended.
    Teflontaclane
    @Wesboi don't be sorry you found a bug, we approve of that. :) If Beamdog didn't approve of finding bugs, I wouldn't have a job.

Can I ask you to elaborate on how you've seen this happen or how it can be reproduced? Are you suggesting that if you are in combat and simply pause the game at ANY point you will continue to attack while you cannot be attacked back?

Is there a specific condition whereby this occurs or is this just a general occurance?
    Happened multiple times at the start and in the trash Warren's and around the Hive.
    And again, it's occuring when you pause the game while actively attacking something?

I think you noted Android as the platform?
    Is there anything else to add that might assist us in reproducing the issue?
    edited April 2017
    Yes paused and can attack and change target to clear mobs. Currently inline to board a flight from Nha trang back to hanoi so can't go in detail to much and on android.
    GreenWarlock
    I'll talk with a couple of our android folks in house and see what we can do to try to repro the issue.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
    mement0JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @Wesboi Thank you for reporting bugs.

With Infinity Engine, there can never be enough testing, really. There have been a long period of beta, where several hundreds of bugs have been reported and fixed, not even taking about improving game features.

When report bugs, please, concentrate on the bugs themselves, not other testers.
    taclane
    Recreated it more as a mage class for some reason while on the flight but couldn't find the common variable causing it.

@JuliusBorisov I know I'm a bit of a dick but I can't see how something like that managed to slip through.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Wesboi said:

@JuliusBorisov I know I'm a bit of a dick but I can't see how something like that managed to slip through.

Because it might be the case that it is a bug which shows up due to some specifics of your setup. I know that during the beta there have been several Android testers and none reported this issue. Which makes me think it could be more of a local issue than a general problem with Android.
    edited April 2017
    @Doubledimas I'm pretty much running multiple devices and this happened on a rooted s6 edge plus with 0 mods and running the latest version of Android with no custom kernels. Everything is stock.

On my non rooted nexus tablet with custom kernel it also happened so I know it's not local and that it's the actual game itself.

Edit..nothing to do with imported saves/files as both clean installs.
  • taclanetaclane Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 364
    I certainly can't find a way to reproduce this on iPad. Once the screen goes greyscale and "Game Paused" pops up, everything stops.

It is still possible to issue commands to your character like any other real-time-with-pause cRPG, but fighting while paused is something I've never encountered on iOS.

The mystery deepens...
    PibaroCrevsDaak
    edited April 2017
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    taclanePibaroronaldoCrevsDaak

@Shandyr I'm currently in the process of working it out. I've created mods for multiple games on different engines to just assume I know nothing is the same as me assuming the beta testers know nothing. Pot calling the kettle black. So keep it on topic if your going to post anything.

So far I've worked out who it mainly effects. The area it happens most and managed to recreate it 6 out of 10 tries s. Also a change into the pause screen when it actually happens is a give away when it does happen.
    edited April 2017
    JuliusBorisovtaclaneronaldoCrevsDaak
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Shandyr said:

@Wesboi

Sadly the topic is "Seriously need better beta testing."

You yourself made that the topic of this thread.
    It's not about the bug itself alone but also about the beta testing process by your own choosing.

Wesboi said:

...what did your beta testers actually do?

You yourself make us beta testers the topic of this thread.
    And now when we make a statement on this you would like to tell us it's off topic and that we should shut up?

If you really want that this thread is about the bug alone, then I would kindly ask you to change the title of this thread accordingly and your opening post as well.
    Agree.
    taclane[Deleted User]CrevsDaak
    Shandyr said:

@Wesboi
    If you really want that this thread is about the bug alone, then I would kindly ask you to change the title of this thread accordingly and your opening post as well.

Found the bug in the first 5 minutes of playing on android makes me question why and how it is in final release. Considering how game breaking it is to be immune to EVERYTHING in game and just attack freely while the game is paused isn't a minor issue. Makes me question what was actually tested.
  • taclanetaclane Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 364
    edited April 2017
    Wesboi said:

Found the bug in the first 5 minutes of playing on android makes me question why and how it is in final release. Considering how game breaking it is to be immune to EVERYTHING in game and just attack freely while the game is paused isn't a minor issue. Makes me question what was actually tested.

When you get a moment, could you give a quick step-by-step description of how you're encountering this? I've tried just about every sort of pausing and tapping combo I can think of, and everything seems to be behaving normally.
    Post edited by taclane on
    Happens mainly in trash Warren's as a mage. Are u on android?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Wesboi said:

Happens mainly in trash Warren's as a mage. Are u on android?

Are you casting any spells before you attack? Do you have any auto-pause settings active?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited November 2019
    Post edited by lefreut on
    taclane
    edited April 2017
    To get this thread back on topic (with the intention of getting this gameplay issue addressed) I've changed the title of the thread and cut out part of the original post. From now on this thread is about the issue that Wesboi experienced. Nothing else.
    taclaneJuliusBorisov
    @ammar words on the interwebs don't bother me at all :)

@elminster no auto pause settings, no Options changed was a fresh install no mods, stock android OS, no emulation software installed. Everything was stock.
    elminstertaclane
    What version of android are you running?