Skip to content

So How About Adding Dragonspear Content to BGII Now?

Now that Planescape: Torment EE has been released, what are the chances of us getting some DLC for BGII that includes Dragonspear content/characters? It's been discussed quite a bit on the forums and the demand seems to be there. I personally would love it if an expansion was done for BGII including Dragonspear content, though I'd prefer more of a Tales of the Sword Coast type expansion than a Dragonspear or Throne of Bhaal type. I want to see how others feel on this topic though. I would be more than happy to drop some money for it. What does everyone else think?

Comments

• DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    edited April 2017
    I always thought that adding SoD contents in BG2 was the intention of the developers from the very first beginning.
    The way SoD ends,
    leaving opened the question about Skie and the dagger and actually being forced to leave back the new characters
    , seems to drive the plot to this.
    I totally agree about the way it should be implemented, i would rather prefer an integration with SoA than including something apart.
  • gugulug5000gugulug5000 Member Posts: 248
    @Daevelon I think that story deserves some more attention too. Another one I like is
    Caelar potentially being saved from Avernus and working her hardest to try and make things right (as a companion)
    edited April 2017

@Daevelon I think that story deserves some more attention too. Another one I like is

Caelar potentially being saved from Avernus and working her hardest to try and make things right (as a companion)
    Yep, this is what i meant, partly, when
    i wrote about the left behind charactes. I dream about Corwin that spawns for helping CHARNAME against killers sent by Duke Eltan, too. I forgot to mention explicitly that Skie is like dead but still preserving the body, i really don't understand why they would add this without the intention of developing it in another story

• megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    beamdog preety much said it's modders job to add in sod characters into bg2 now.

@Artemius_I is working on a calar mod that plans to wrap up loose ends to that story. skie seems to be in limbo and i have heard nothing about the new npcs being added into bg2 yet.

• gugulug5000gugulug5000 Member Posts: 248
    @megamike15 Seems like a lost opportunity to me. Maybe if enough people show interest, they'll reconsider. Would be nice to hear some Beamdog folks chime in.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Keep in mind that Beamdog is contractually limited on what they can do with existing BG characters, content, and scenarios. It's fine to add another joinable NPC, but changing an existing one is not allowed unless it falls under bug fixes, adjusting BG1 to BG2 rules, etc.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    @gugulug5000 Indeed, we've said it's up to the modders now. There're no current plans for SoD-related content to BG2:EE.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/63659/regarding-modding-sod-npcs-for-bg2-ee#latest
    How sad.
    I like to go canon, so
    Skie will remain dead and Caelar will stay in Hell

forever and ever
  • Papa_LouPapa_Lou Member Posts: 263
    I'd personally love to see things from SoD get tied up in SoA, although I know it's not really possible for Beamdog to do it. I also imagine that, even though there's a ton of people who loved SoD (myself included), there are also some people who didn't quite love it so much, so I can see something like this ultimately having a negative effect on Beamdog, sales-wise. Unfortunately.

At the end of the day, it's impossible to please everyone. So all we can really do is pray to the modding gods that we'll be able to download some mods that do these things in the future.