Skip to content

How to have children and not go insane...

Comments

• FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    If I ever have kids, I will be imposing a strict military discipline.

"Prepare to move out. Gear: play gear for rain. Time: five minutes. Begin!"
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    mlnevese said:

Chapter 5 - You think you are insane?

Forget it. Your children are orders of magnitude more insane than you are. Need a place to sit... the oven's door seems nice and hot... Need a drink.. The glowing blue liquid in the kitchen seems quite refreshing. In this chapter I analyze how insane children are and how their insanity creates a feedback loop in you own insanity elevating it quickly... Also I remind the reader not to skip the chapter about dealing with a heart attack...

Thank to @Zaghoul for suggesting this chapter :)

@mlnevese Feedback loop, hehheh, good stuff, that's the TRUTH. :)

• WesboiWesboi Member Posts: 403
    Me. "What are you looking?"
    3 yr old son "a fight."
    mlnevese said:

Chapter 6 Kids diseases made easy or how not to become a hypochondriac...

In this chapter we discuss how not to become a hypochondriac regarding your kid's diseases. Learn how to differentiate a simple cold from a life threatening disease and many other useful tips

You know ya GOTTA do a bit in that about how ifin your kids get sick, guess what? YOUR gonna get sick some to. ;):*
    Benefits and hazards of communal daycare I think as well. Lawd. :o
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Chapter 8. If You Can't Beat 'em, What's the Point of Parenting?

Oh, wait, did you want to write the book and NOT get arrested? Hm, tricky, that.
  • TarlugnTarlugn Member Posts: 209
    edited June 2017
    Hmm. A Sticker I´d plant on the book´s cover would have big words reading ...
    ( OR DON´T - USE PROPHYLATICS ).

Chapter 4 : Kids into Kindergarten (self-explanatory)

Chapter 5 : Kids into School (mandatory)

after these two periods begins the hard part, the real challenge mode.
    And that I´d put as a sticker on the back of the book, reading...
    ( IF ALL ELSE FAILS, GO TO A SHRINK - WITH YOUR KIDS)

PST: Since dt Cat´d Cradle sounded like a daddy song, here´s a momma song:

https://youtu.be/T-gqMpZroy8?list=PLWcdQjWcYwSefFeAYsTZ20pihxCEENPSA
    Post edited by Tarlugn on
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    mlnevese said:

Chapter 7 The joys of sharing

You'll share many things with your kids. Tender moments, happiness, love, etc. But the main sharing your kid's will be doing with you is their diseases. Be prepared to share and enjoy everything from the common cold to chickenpox. This chapter will include a special entry explaining how health care works in every country the book is published.

Can you explain the Republican version of Obamacare? I'm kinda lost...
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Balrog99 said:

mlnevese said:

You'll share many things with your kids. Tender moments, happiness, love, etc. But the main sharing your kid's will be doing with you is their diseases. Be prepared to share and enjoy everything from the common cold to chickenpox. This chapter will include a special entry explaining how health care works in every country the book is published.

Sure... care if I explain it in ancient Martian?
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    mlnevese said:

Balrog99 said:

mlnevese said:

I prefer elvish.
    Anduin said:

Can we please add a chapter 6b - Babies bounce and what to do if they don't.

A chapter discussing how you have tried to make everything safe, only for a small child to practise base jumping from the edge of the bed, and how to explain this to a concerned nurse.

All children are addicted to radical sports...
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Anduin said:

Can we please add a chapter 6b - Babies bounce and what to do if they don't.

A chapter discussing how you have tried to make everything safe, only for a small child to practise base jumping from the edge of the bed, and how to explain this to a concerned nurse.

That's how I got one of my very few scars. Right off the sofa and into the glass coffee table.
    mlnevese said:

Balrog99 said:

mlnevese said:

I'm still waiting for the discernible English version, of BOTH ;)B)
    Zaghoul said:

mlnevese said:

Balrog99 said:

mlnevese said:

I'm still waiting for the discernible English version, of BOTH ;)B)
    Sorry, the Prime Directive won't allow me to discuss science, religion or politics in any language understandable by the native species.
    mlnevese said:

I think I'll make this chapter 5...

Chapter 5 Keeping schedule with kids - Time relativity made easy
    THIS chapter will start a little like Chapter 1 one with the giving up section. You'll never be on time with anything that involve your kids. You'll either be early or late, but never on time. Then we will explore time relativity with kids or how "we have 2 hours to get there" becomes "we should be there 15 minutes ago". A deep scientific chapter this one.

@Arctodus There's a chapter about this actually :)
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    Oh, I forgot about that post. Should have checked before posting. Sorry !

It's just that I was late today at work, even though I thought I was on time. Hence why I wrote about that. :p

...haven't you wrote something about memory too ? This should be an example...