Skip to content

Imoen in SOD

So I have only run through SOD once, gearing up to again now. Running through bgee currently with canon party.

My question is will I be thiefless for the first part of SOD? and will that impact that dungeon?

I could drop Imoen for Safana I suppose even though she would be a bit behind.

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    If you don't have a thief in your party other than Imoen, SoD will give you Safana for the intro dungeon.
    madmaximusJuliusBorisov
  • madmaximusmadmaximus Member Posts: 140
    ThacoBell said:

If you don't have a thief in your party other than Imoen, SoD will give you Safana for the intro dungeon.

Thanks Brudda
  • islandkingislandking Member Posts: 426
    And a c/t multi Glint :)
    madmaximusJuliusBorisov
    You guys know if I leave the gear on the canon party members if they will still have it after the dungeon?
    The NPCs that come back in SoD will show up EXACTLY as you left them as far as what their level and what they are equipped with. I believe their inventory gets transferred to a chest you can access.
    madmaximusJuliusBorisov
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,295
    ThacoBell said:

The NPCs that come back in SoD will show up EXACTLY as you left them as far as what their level and what they are equipped with. I believe their inventory gets transferred to a chest you can access.

Most of the time. There still seem to be bugs in this regard (e.g. my Dorn got reset even with latest patch).
    madmaximus
  • PaulGreystokePaulGreystoke Member Posts: 63
    My understanding of the way it is supposed to work is that, for the BG1 NPCs that are recruitable in SoD, they keep the items they are wearing & have equipped in quickslots. Items in their inventory are transferred to the protagonist's chest.

Dorn may be a weird case
    since when you find him in SoD, he has been stripped of his gear & imprisoned. The gear he had equipped should be in a container nearby.
    ThacoBell
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    edited April 2017
    ThacoBell said:

And i want to add that if you messed up with the points of Safana on BG you will have the same points in SOD.
    I know it because i didn't use her in BG and i let her to enter in my party for pickpocket purposes; she was totally unuseful during the prelude of SOD :s

My understanding of the way it is supposed to work is that, for the BG1 NPCs that are recruitable in SoD, they keep the items they are wearing & have equipped in quickslots. Items in their inventory are transferred to the protagonist's chest.

Dorn may be a weird case

since when you find him in SoD, he has been stripped of his gear & imprisoned. The gear he had equipped should be in a container nearby.
    In my experience they keep anyway the items they are equipping; i had Branwen during BG and the prelude of SOD and i didn't get her equipped stuff back. As far as i know she wouldn't be available in SOD. My advice is to undress everybody just before climbing that rope :D
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    Unfortunately, Safana is probably the game's weakest joinable NPC in SoD whether or not you give her good equipment. Singleclass thieves are just underpowered in BG/BG2 and Safana is no exception.
    jsaving said:

Unfortunately, Safana is probably the game's weakest joinable NPC in SoD whether or not you give her good equipment. Singleclass thieves are just underpowered in BG/BG2 and Safana is no exception.

nope, nope, nope.
    jsaving said:

I agree for BG2 but not for BG1/SoD; they level up quickly and have a lot of versatility.
    It's after level ~10 that they start to lose very much against the multi/dual class thieves, in my opinion
  • RideratRiderat Member Posts: 136
    hey, didn't want to start a new topic. But if I understand this right, if I had any items on Imoen at the end of first game, i have lost them for good? All my gem/potion bags and scroll cases are gone. SoD is really cruel in this regard.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited April 2017
    Riderat said:

hey, didn't want to start a new topic. But if I understand this right, if I had any items on Imoen at the end of first game, i have lost them for good? All my gem/potion bags and scroll cases are gone. SoD is really cruel in this regard.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/770892/#Comment_770892. See also https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/51624/items-at-ducal-palace
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    I haven't used her myself in any of my few BG1 -> SoD runs, but I think her stuff should be in the chest in her room in the palace, (just like your stuff is in the chest in your room in the palace).
    ThacoBell
    Skatan said:

I haven't used her myself in any of my few BG1 -> SoD runs, but I think her stuff should be in the chest in her room in the palace, (just like your stuff is in the chest in your room in the palace).

I can confirm
    SkatanThacoBell
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    Riderat said:

To keep your containers (bags & scroll cases), load up the Final Save in Baldur's Gate, it will make the game start up Siege of Dragonspear automatically including the containers you carry (don't know what happens when they're part of Imoen's inventory though, you might pause immediately after loading to put them in someone else's inventory).

If you start up Siege of Dragonspear by starting up Siege of Dragonspear, then choose Import Game instead, your containers will be lost.
    JuliusBorisov
    I just ran through this. Imoen's gear including her equipped items from BGEE is found in the chest located next to her bed. The other party members equipped items remain on them, and their inventory items can be found in the container next to charnames bed. If it is a companion that is not feautured in SOD I believe their equipped items are lost.
    ThacoBell
  • fatelessfateless Member Posts: 330
    This is good to know. Thank you. She has all my arrows. My good bow. And all my thief related equipment.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    ThacoBell wrote: »

Not true of Minsc.

If you have Dynaheir in your party but not Minsc. He will join in SoD and while his experience is not as high as Dynaheir, he does carry Kiel's Helmet and full plate armour even if you haven't reached that part of Durlag's Tower.

There may be other differences of which I am unaware.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    The NPCs that come back in SoD all have SoD versions with good equipment; they'll join the party in the initial dungeon if you start there.

If you're continuing from BG1, that SoD version will be used if that character was never in the party in BG1. Otherwise, if the character joined even once, the BG1 version will be used - exactly as you left them, but with a new catch-up trigger for their experience.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    jmerry wrote: »
    The NPCs that come back in SoD all have SoD versions with good equipment; they'll join the party in the initial dungeon if you start there.

If you're continuing from BG1, that SoD version will be used if that character was never in the party in BG1. Otherwise, if the character joined even once, the BG1 version will be used - exactly as you left them, but with a new catch-up trigger for their experience.

That's useful to know. In that case I won't enlist them unless I really need them in BG1.